• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What to do?

lorkan

MBTI Type
INFJ
What do I do if people/someone can't accept unreasonable answers? Or when people loose respect of you because your answers are unreasonable?

The thing is respect is what I struggle with almost everyday and it seems Im surrounded by thinkers, atleast about 80%. And respect is almost the only desire strive for yet it seems like a battle that can't be won. I know that you think right now that to receive respect you have to earn it. But I have understood that through the past years, when I get respect out of nowhere (probably other feelers) I'm just suddenly more happy and less exhausted.

Anyway. I have this ENTP teacher who many times don't seem to get what I'm saying even though I try to explain as rationally as I can. This thuesday we had a psychology meeting with the class and at the end of the lesson I was suppose to speak about an early adulthood fenomenon, how people dressed at 13-19 years old. I told the class what I remembered from when I was at that age and how I got affected. Then the teacher asked m

lorkan

MBTI Type
INFJ
me what I thoughts and conclusions were. I answered in a valued way, very non-factual. It went so silent in the classroom for a moment and I could see some people lightly twitch themselves. When I think about it I think there actually was 2 other feelers except me and I could see so clearly their body and facialexpressions suddenly changing. The teacher said like "ok" and asked if anyone else had something to say in a way that made me seem very outspoken and hard to reason with (wich I was, in a reasonable way).

lorkan

MBTI Type
INFJ
Although I must say that since I've lost much of the respect from people around me I feel that I'm slowly feel that nothing matters. I get migraines, have hard time sleeping and feel understimulated. And just seems like a battle for not loosing my own selfrespect.

T

ThatGirl

Lol, What was your conclusion?

Also do you speak in chunk phrases like you write?

theadoor

*hmmms*
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
8w9
Get over your teenage crisis. Give reasonable answers. It's easier to change yourself than people around you. Cope with it. That's all.

lorkan

MBTI Type
INFJ
Well as I said, I was talking about early adulthood. How people dressed and why youngsters that dressed in expensive, fashionable clothes seemed to get great respect and be part of a gang while people with cheap clothes seemed to be outsiders. My conclusion was that It's pointless to dress cool to be part of a gang and also pointless to be thinking that cloth alone would create my identity. Instead try to search within oneself for what it is you like. And set the trend oneself, even if it's painful in the beginning. (Ok, that was my original thought but I only said "that behaviour is pointless and childish.)

Chunk phrases?

lorkan

MBTI Type
INFJ
"thatGet over your teenage crisis. Give reasonable answers. It's easier to change yourself than people around you. Cope with it. That's all."

Ok. Let's take this from another angel... imagine yourself only have infp's and esfj's around you. The end.

Anyway am I not entitled to some complaining?

theadoor

*hmmms*
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
8w9
Well as I said, I was talking about early adulthood. How people dressed and why youngsters that dressed in expensive, fashionable clothes seemed to get great respect and be part of a gang while people with cheap clothes seemed to be outsiders. My conclusion was that It's pointless to dress cool to be part of a gang and also pointless to be thinking that cloth alone would create my identity. Instead try to search within oneself for what it is you like. And set the trend oneself, even if it's painful in the beginning. (Ok, that was my original thought but I only said "that behaviour is pointless and childish.)

Chunk phrases?

Why do you expect people to understand your thoughts and respect them, if you can't explain them in a logical, orderly way and you present them as your empirical opinion, which itself doesn't prove anything?

It's not about T or F. It's just how good you are at using arguments and reasons.

lorkan

MBTI Type
INFJ
I guess it's because i naturally have a somewhat limited ability to explain myself in an orderly way. It takes a lot of energy to do that and sometimes the explanation isn't orderly even if I believe it. And then I have to re-explain, wich usually doesn't make things more clear.