• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Moments of pure clarity?

Lark

Does anyone experience these? If so how would you define them?

I've seen them depicted in a literary or cinematic sense as a kind of Eureka! moment or eiphemy (spelling) which generally involves recognising how good you already have it or finding your soul mate, perhaps its just that those are thematically popular with the consuming public.

I'm not sure that I've experienced anything like that and I dont know if its because I've got very strong thinking traits as opposed to feeling ones or what.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Regularly. Whenever I'm grinding for some form of realization on whatever subject or for whichever issue. The moment when I get my answer, it is so instantanious, I would definatly define it as a moment of clarity.

However, it's more of a bubble of clarity, rather than pure clarity. If that makes sense.

And it's often followed by a notion that wipes the floor with that clarity and completely undermines my realization. :p

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
For me it might be a moment of respite from the usual excessive back chatter in my head, anxiety, possibilities, worrying, fretting over unresolved issues in my life...etc. I have these moments where it seems like I can switch off much of the unsettling/negative stuff, and see it in perspective as not automatically destructive to my peace of mind, not as important as the positive things in my mind, and I feel so much calmer...

But mostly I can't control the switch...I am working on it...

I don't really have EUREKA moments, though. I am too non-spontaneous for that. Even if it I get the occasional moment like that, I need to test it by thinking it through, and unfortunately I will often over-think it...

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Does anyone experience these? If so how would you define them?

I've seen them depicted in a literary or cinematic sense as a kind of Eureka! moment or eiphemy (spelling) which generally involves recognising how good you already have it or finding your soul mate, perhaps its just that those are thematically popular with the consuming public.

I'm not sure that I've experienced anything like that and I dont know if its because I've got very strong thinking traits as opposed to feeling ones or what.

Hi, Lark :hi:

Is that called, "Having a stroke of intuition?" My ST husband doesn't do that at all.

I'll get those in regards to a concept or idea I've been pondering on, or after I've been inspired, but they'll usually occur in the morning, after my mind has rested, or after I rest my mind and don't think too hard about any one thing. I think it's an Ni thing. Do you have those? I read on Solitary Walker's typology thread (the intj link is in the intj/intp manipulative thread i believe) that INTJs don't tap in to this faculty as much as INFJs because they are thinkers, and the Te keeps them more bound to the world. This might have some correlation to your idea above about suspecting you are too much of a thinker to have that. I don't know either way, I'm just relating what I read recently (and probably not too well at that).

As far as having that about my s.o. or feeling content, not really. That is more a culmination of life events. Not the love at first sight stuff of Hollywood, although some may get that. More a slowly curving upwards until it reaches an exponential rate is how my love graph with him would be. I feel happy most of the time and sometimes I do feel happy waves wash over me, but it's not really the same as the Ni thing I was describing above. My husband indulges my soul mate ideas but I don't think he really subscribes to it. I'll ask him later........