• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Do you like to give advice?

Do you like to give advice?

• INFP- Yes definitely

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • INTP- Yes definitely

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • ISFP- Yes definitely

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • ISTP- Yes definitely

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ENFP- Yes definitely

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • ENTP- Yes definitely

• ESFP- Yes definitely

• ESTP- Yes definitely

• INFJ- Yes definitely

• INTJ- Yes definitely

• ISFJ- Yes definitely

• ISTJ- Yes definitely

• ENFJ- Yes definitely

• ENTJ- Yes definitely

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • ESFJ- Yes definitely

• ESTJ- Yes definitely

• Total voters

magil

MBTI Type
EXFP
I love giving advice thought I'm not good at following it.
I'm just wondering which, if any, types are more inclined to be advice givers. I suspect it might be a Te/Fi thing.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I love trying to fix people's problems. I'm so good at it!

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
i feel like a giant tool every time i give advice.

Mad Hatter

Head Pigeon
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
-1w
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't like to give unsolicited advice, but only if I'm asked for. Apart from that, most of my advice is usually little more than pointing out the alternatives without offering my own opinion (because often I just have none). I guess I'm actually not that helpful :D

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Yes, but it doesnt pay off well

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Um... to some extent, I do it for a living. I try not to be pushy however. I have never had someone say it was bad.

Good question though. This thread is making me think twice as to whether or not I should reconsider the approach in certain circumstances.

lamp

I like to throw out a few options moreso than something more absolute like "I think you should do this . . ."

I do hesitate to put thoughts into other people's heads, because potentially it distracts them from where they were originally headed, which can be good or bad.

Shaunward

why would people need your advice if they were clear about their priorities? :smile:

Because they're terrible planners and/or they're emotional to the point of being unable to piece things together logically. Also, I might have insight that they're not aware of that helps them piece together the big picture.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Um... to some extent, I do it for a living. I try not to be pushy however. I have never had someone say it was bad.

Good question though. This thread is making me think twice as to whether or not I should reconsider the approach in certain circumstances.

consultant job ftw, whats your field ? My minions dont know about engineering :D

wren

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
I used to love giving unsolicited advice before, say, the age of thirty when I realized how blunt I was. Now I'm much more discreet. Most people are sensitive about revealing too much about their problems to me. That's because I want to know way more about them than they want to tell me. These days I keep to myself and figure if it's it meant to be it will be.

wren

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
Because they're terrible planners and/or they're emotional to the point of being unable to piece things together logically. Also, I might have insight that they're not aware of that helps them piece together the big picture.

ok, acceptable answer. :hug:

LucrativeSid

I love giving ideas, asking thought provoking questions, and trying to solve problems. Sometimes that looks a lot like advice, but it doesn't really feel like it to me. I like to watch minds expand a lot more than I like to watch people do what I say in order to achieve positive results.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I LOVE GIVING ADVICE!!!!!

:cheese:

I wish people asked me for advice more often... :cry:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What I particularly like to do:
- Reframe situations.
- Offer possibilities.
- Offer pertinent insight.
- Empower and equip.

I love the a-ha moment I see sometimes in other people's eyes, that gives me a rush to see them seeing something new and seeing new pathways open under their feet, ripe for exploration. I even will tell them what i might do in the same situation and why.

... but the one thing I will not do is make their decisions for them.
I can't stand those just looking for me to tell them what to do.

I'd rather not tell them anything at that point.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't like to give unsolicited advice, but only if I'm asked for. Apart from that, most of my advice is usually little more than pointing out the alternatives without offering my own opinion (because often I just have none). I guess I'm actually not that helpful :D

:yes:

I will help point out possibilities if asked to do so, and I enjoy helping people in that way. You could call this "steering someone in a general direction", but so that they find their own answer. Sometimes I give very specific advice, but then it especially has to be asked for....even still, my specific advice is usually a concept on how to approach a problem, one which the individuals can adjust for themselves.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I like to give advice, yes, but only to people who ask for it, and if I think I know what I'm talking about. :)

P

Phantonym

No, I don't like giving advice. That doesn't stop me from giving it though. I really should know better. :doh:

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You know, I'd really stop making threads like this if I were you.