• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Trance Design

Mole

Permabanned
In a trance I can hear how it is being said rather than what is being said.

This is because in a trance some of my cognitive faculties are asleep and a corresponding set of imaginative faculties are awake.

Another way of putting it is that in a trance I am following my inner world rather than the outer world. And I find my inner world to be a flow of delight.

However I am careful to switch from my inner world to the outer world when I am crossing the street.

So when I am in a trance the way to speak to me is the same way you would speak to a child or a dog. In other words you focus on how you are saying something rather more than what you are saying.

However the very nicest thing is to speak to someone who is in a trance as well.

Of course it does matter what kind of trance they are in. In a trance I would prefer not to speak with someone in an addictive trance or a pathologic trance. Rather I would prefer to speak with someone who can enter and leave trance at will, and who can design their own trance before entering.

A trance is a bit like a house - a good house has a good design. And in the same way a good trance is well designed.

It is interesting my city is designed by Walter Burley Griffin and his wife, Marion. So you might say I live in a designer city. And every day, quietly and without fanfare, I enter the trance of the city. I wrap myself in Canberra as hot fish and chips are wrapped in a newspaper. In fact I begin each day by wrapping myself in the, "Australian", newspaper at the Bakery over milk coffee and a warm, wholemeal roll.

So I am slowly becoming a trance designer and am looking for other trance designers.

bcvcdc

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTx
Look far and wide, my good friend. You've just described the entire empty-headed population of Mother Earth.

Mole

Permabanned
Shared trance for a purpose

Look far and wide, my good friend. You've just described the entire empty-headed population of Mother Earth.

Yes, my dear Bcvcdc, we all enter the hypnogogic trance as we are waking and as we are falling asleep.

And the hypnogogic trance is an involuntary trance that bridges sleep and being fully awake.

However if we choose, we can enter voluntary trances.

Most of the trances we enter and leave during the day are socially determined trances, but there is no reason we can't design our own trances.

And we can design a trance that puts particular cognitive faculties to sleep and wakes up the corresponding imaginative faculties. In other words, we can design a trance for a particular purpose.

And most important, there is no reason we can't design trances to be shared.

Mole

Permabanned
oh yeah, you'd like that wouldn't you. :rolleyes:

It's like dancing. It is very nice to dance alone. But dancing with someone is special.

Also dancing or trancing with someone provides a social context. And so gives dancing trancing added meaning.

Also you can help your partner and your partner can help you.

Also if you have a partner, you partner can teach other trancers. And so designer trances can spread like a computer virus, but instead of computer to computer, they can spread from person to person.

However I would always add that although it is important to learn to go into a trance at will, it is equally important to learn to become wide awake at will.