• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

You introverts

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
This is for your information - I have no desire for anything of this in this forum.

Today we had arranged (I had arranged) gym and swimming for us from 16:15 to 18:15, and two of three people arrived. So we had workout, sauna, gym and we swam. I taught my fiance to swim. She did wonderfully.

Some friends cancelled their thing for us today; they were busy, tired or otherwise occupided. that's why just 3 of us today.

I made some nice food for all of us to eat.. and we ate. Everyone brought some drinks with them. We drank. For a while, we played some music - I have an extensive music library, and they picked music for a while.

Then, they just half-slept on my sofa and my bed for an hour or so, while I was trying to make conversation.

In the end, my lovely introverted fiance asked me to jog around the block, as I was "obviously having too much energy". I disagreed. So, quite calmly, but a little bit agitated, I went to my computer to pick on some of the job I had left before going to the gym.

They were alerted. What was I doing, and why I had "left their company"? "What was wrong with us? why did he choose job over socialicing?"

They didn't seem interested of any "extraversion" in the first place. Surprisingly, they wanted something like a clown to talk crap while they could ignore it. God damned if the clown was sensible and had stuff to do, other than needing attention so goddamned much.

Oh, this post is too long, TL;DR.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Introverts frequently just want the company without the machine gun chattering. I'm an ENFP and I'm less extroverted than my ESFJ friend and sometimes I want her to shut the fuck up, but I don't necessarily want her to go away.

My Daddy was a very reserved ISTJ and sometimes it made him feel better just to have someone in the room (or even just the house) with him. He wouldn't talk much, and would be reading or watching tv or something, but like, if you tried to leave he'd be all surprised like "where are you going?"

Lightyear

Introverts frequently just want the company without the machine gun chattering. I'm an ENFP and I'm less extroverted than my ESFJ friend and sometimes I want her to shut the fuck up, but I don't necessarily want her to go away.

Exactly. I like people and being around them but I love the idea of being with someone quietly. The machine gun chattering just exhausts me no end.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Introverts frequently just want the company without the machine gun chattering.

Yes. We like to be in the company of others at times, but that "constant" dialogue is what can drain us mentally. A lot of times in these situations, I'm still processing and reflecting on what someone said 5 minutes ago (because it was interesting and I want to think more about it), and they've already moved on to 15 other topics. It's hard to have "depth" that way. Also, with all those rapid fire (machine gun) topics of conversation, it keeps pulling me out of my head. It's like at the end of a long day, you just want to go home and relax, but something new just keeps popping up - and you can't go home. With the rapid dialogue, we often can't "settle in" and get comfortable. It becomes a chore to keep up with the conversation.

I wasn't there, so I don't know if you were using your machine gun or not, but hopefully you're getting the introverted point-of-view in this thread. My best advice is don't be afraid to talk around introverts - go ahead and do that - but, also, don't be afraid of silence. Don't ever feel that you have to "think of something new to say" for the sake of the introvert. You don't. If they don't respond to what you say or if there's silence for 30 seconds, 1 minute, even 5 or 10 minutes sometimes, don't worry about it. Chances are they are processing or reflecting deeper on what you guys were previously talking about - or they are simply letting their mind take a break.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I guess it depends on the person. I could do with out my ENFP brother going on for an hour and a half about his day. Then again I'm not all that worried when he goes and does his thing either. I was watching anime before he got home and I go back to it when he finally decides to do something else other than bend my ear about things I couldn't care less about.

If I want talk I prefer to be able to talk at some point as well and have interaction. If I don't want talk I want quiet or a disappearance (theirs or mine).

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
OK so I wonder why it was so big of a problem for me to get out of the sofa and start my work.

LOL. I don't know the answer to that one. I'm usually very happy when the machine gun operators go into another room. :D

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Machine guns operate at at least 500-600 cycles/minute.

Something operating at about 1 cycle / minute is a damned silent cannon.

Something operating at about 1 cycle / hour is a damned ..

you fill in :D

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
OK so I wonder why it was so big of a problem for me to get out of the sofa and start my work.

perhaps they wanted to have sex with you? other than that......i see no reason unless they have abandonment issues

Oom

Your time is gonna come.
MBTI Type
IsfP
Enneagram
5w4
perhaps they wanted to have sex with you? other than that......i see no reason unless they have abandonment issues

That was straight outta left field, lol!

I think they might have felt that they forced you out of the room or that you noticed they were ignoring you. I mean when I ignore someone it's fine. When they notice and go off and do their own thing I kind of feel bad.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That was straight outta left field, lol!

I think they might have felt that they forced you out of the room or that you noticed they were ignoring you. I mean when I ignore someone it's fine. When they notice and go off and do their own thing I kind of feel bad.

Ding Ding Ding!