• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How to deal with an introvert..

Eruca

78% me
MBTI Type
INxx
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, let's see, "95% of what I tell him is made up because I know he's not listening and 5% is real and he makes fun of me for it."

He's the one trying to get to Ent, isn't he? Ent has every right to say no.

Ah I see.

Yes.

I usually can't understand what Entropie is talking about in his posts. I think I have a mild learning disability.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Why are you even bothering if he's such a bastard?

I mean really.

Ill throw you a bone. ;)

As I said, I am a massive introvert. However, I still talk to others, and will make the effort to get to know someone if I know I will be seeing them again.

Starting with small talk, I will reveal a bit of myself to the person, all the way taking note of their response to me. Once I know them a bit better, I will put down something I find interesting, some opinion, thought or feeling. If they come back with their own interesting opinions and show me they have a personality I will move them into my "interesting persons" category. If I can only get small talk out of them after a few attempts I will lose interest and I will move them into my "dull person" category untill they prove me wrong.

An interesting person will get a lot out of me, a dull person will only get polite small talk.

Well we all know things like when the introvert complains about an E being too assertive and an E complains about an I being too mysterious.

I was thinking about developing a concept for myself both can find common ground and have a successful discussion and that involves to the greatest part: know your introverts or extroverts.

I have to say, if a person really thinks she would only talk to people she things are intelligent enough to be talked to, I think she has failed and I dont think that's the definition of being an introvert.

I have learnt a bit from my girlfriend. When we are in discussion, I tend to arrogate answers from her and if she doesnt shoot in an instant, I get the feeling she isnt listening and such. She explained to me that she needs time to process that at all.

I think it's a very lovely attitude and I wouldnt want to miss that in her, it's just I needed to know it existed at all, to not think or feel the wrong impressions from her discussion style.

Ah I see.

Yes.

I usually can't understand what Entropie is talking about in his posts. I think I have a mild learning disability.

Dont worry, that's no learning disability :D. If I shoot any idea like that, it's more unfinished thoughts I try to bounce off and try to make clear for myself. I know this prolly can piss of people, I am just no big fan of making up my mind and then opposing it onto others. I'ld more like to find a view on topics for myself, I checked with reality first. But most of the times there are so many different opinions that you rather become insane, what's the point I am at presently :D.

--------------------------------------

You know, I dont want to pace you, I respect Introverts for their style of talking and I see in both attitudes, namely E and I, advantages and disadvantages. In the end tho its the balance that's the best, like with everything in life.

And I tried to ask for ideas for a sucessful discussion with an I. May it be for the business world, a personal friend or your beloved one. Cause I cant say from myself I am rather good in discussion with introverts.

The first rule, if I may call it so, what I liked is:

- give an Introvert time and space to think. He may get back to you on the topic after a whole week, but he will get back to you if he cares

If you have any other ideas or most important wishes in a discussion with an E and want to share, pls shoot :)

GirlFromMars

MBTI Type
INFP
An interesting person will get a lot out of me, a dull person will only get polite small talk.

:yes:

Why would anyone want to talk to someone they find boring? :| Isn't it the same for everyone, but we just have differing ideas of what's boring?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I'ld rather would ask: how can find anyone boring at all ?

Therefore I cant answer you question cause I dont get so far