• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

mental disorders and mbti type

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
ENTJ-jealousy over low INTP wind resistance disorder
ENTJ-picky eater disorder

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well I'm glad that there's nothing wrong with any of the IS_Ps!

sculpting

OMG, oh, I was actually going to contribute something meaningful, but the giggles, oh make them stop....

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My post was 100% sarcasm. :rolleyes:
Eh, could have been either sarcasm or mockery. The latter gave me a chance to show off my l33t debate skillz. :cool:

An ENTP with 10 posts. Figures.
What's that supposed to mean? :thelook:

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I need a couple thousand posts? Alright then, give me a couple days.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Bipolarity is about type change.

This may serve to explain why my probably bipolar (unconfirmed, refuses to see a therapist) ex is the most ENTJ ESFP I've ever met in my life.

It's mind boggling - like two different people.

Mole

Permabanned
And I came here to be validated *sigh* :cry:

And I came here to be validated as well but instead found freedom.

Naively I came here to be validated by authority. But I found that authority here is fly-blown and obsessive. An authority quite unable to validate me.

At first I was outraged. How dare they not validate me! Then I tried to reason with them in the hope they would see reason and validate me. But then I settled on relentless criticism and to my surprise I found I was free to criticise. I was not loved for criticising, I was not validated for criticising, but I was free to criticise.

I have found there are only two dangers in my role as critic. The first is my own abreaction and the second is my hatred of incompetent authority. Both can trip me up.

So here I am, like you, not validated but free to write what I want.

I think I am just getting used to it. My mind is taking a while to catch up. But I am starting to wonder what I will do with my freedom.

Little_Sticks

And I came here to be validated as well but instead found freedom.

Naively I came here to be validated by authority. But I found that authority here is fly-blown and obsessive. An authority quite unable to validate me.

At first I was outraged. How dare they not validate me! Then I tried to reason with them in the hope they would see reason and validate me. But then I settled on relentless criticism and to my surprise I found I was free to criticise. I was not loved for criticising, I was not validated for criticising, but I was free to criticise.

I have found there are only two dangers in my role as critic. The first is my own abreaction and the second is my hatred of incompetent authority. Both can trip me up.

So here I am, like you, not validated but free to write what I want.

I think I am just getting used to it. My mind is taking a while to catch up. But I am starting to wonder what I will do with my freedom.

Hey Victor. You ever get a crazing for a rich chocolate milkshake?

Donna Cecilia

L'anima non dimora
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I'm going to give the Schizoid and Schizotypal to the IxTxs.

You too -speaking from personal experience.

Here´s why your post catched my eye:

I got to know my MBTI type thanks to my actual psychiatrist, who I started therapy with after the previous one (who diagnosed me as a Schizoid, due to my inability to express feelings, and my introversion) left my country.

When I was in the first therapy session, after a half-hour round of questions, he asked me about my own sexuality: according to him, something a schizoid would never be able to talk about openly, which I am. Then, instead of asking something else, he gave me that examining stare for a couple of seconds, and handed me a MBTI test (the only one I´ve done in paper), and I got ISTJ as the result, and a thorough explanation of it. That was the moment I got rid of my five-year "personality disorder" stigma. Forever.

It´s always good to ask for a second opinion.