• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What is the root of introversion?

What is the cause of introversion

• School and work (working and going to school vs having the freedom to do whatever you want)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Authority Figures , Parents/Teachers

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
I want to understand the root of introversion, hence I am making this poll, and hopefully find out what causes introversion and how to conquer it.
Feel free to share your insights and experiences.

P

Phantonym

I think it's all of the options of the poll. I think of Introversion as a mixture of some sort where every ingredient has its value and influence on the final "product".

Mole

Permabanned
I want to understand the root of introversion, hence I am making this poll, and hopefully find out what causes introversion and how to conquer it.
Feel free to share your insights and experiences.

Trying to conqueror introversion put us into a loop. The loop consists of our introversion and our attempt to conqueror it. So the introversion sends us to try to conquer and the attempt to conquer sends us back to our introversion. So it is a never ending loop.

This never ending loop occupies our cognitive faculties and so puts us into a trance.

The advantage of trances is that they take us away from our cognitive worries and so we feel better. And the disadvantage is that in a trance we are susceptible to suggestion.

Trances are very nice in small doses. But the toxicity lies in the dose. So the higher the dose, the more toxic. And the lesser the dose, the less toxic.

The secret is to learn to enter and leave trances at will, then a trance will refresh us.

Trances are good servants and poor masters.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Introverts tend to have more brain activity than extroverts, specifically in the frontal lobes. This is where things like internal processing, complex reasoning, and planning go on.

This is probably something like 80% innate and 20% environmental. But that's just my best guess. I've seen convincing arguments for the 80/20 theory.

TheGolfCourse

MBTI Type
INTJ
This is just a guess, but I have hard time saying that something "causes" introversion because facets of personality such as introversion have become nebulous and somewhat arbitrary, although we know enough about introversion to communicate an idea about what it is. People are born with a certain genetic makeup and with that a personality. And yet for a lot of people it changes over time due to whatever factors: adapting to their environment, being nurtured by the environment, maturity, all sorts of other things.

Although I put down "personality" as my answer, the cause and the existence of introversion to me is random. It was either all of the above or personality and so I flipped a coin and chose personality. :yes:

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
To the OP:

Genetics. Everything is always genetics.
All human DNA is the same, but there are triggers.
DNA strands are triggered/activated by what we do, eat, radiation, chaos patterns, what our forefathers did... Hugely complicated.
To us humans, it is indeed a lottery of sorts.
The root, though, is genetics as we are organic beings. Our minds are not ethereal.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
To the OP:

Genetics. Everything is always genetics.
All human DNA is the same, but there are triggers.
DNA strands are triggered/activated by what we do, eat, radiation, chaos patterns, what our forefathers did... Hugely complicated.
To us humans, it is indeed a lottery of sorts.
The root, though, is genetics as we are organic beings. Our minds are not ethereal.

Genetics is where being a human STARTS, but then things can affect how you are even before you leave the womb. Does having a mother that has an odd dieting habit affect your genetics while you were in the womb?

Brain cells do not regenerate quickly, thus are not as affected by radiation, but the interconnection of neurons in the brain can change, affecting thought.

Also, I think Victor and Ajblaise have good points.

If a person has higher cognitive activity, wouldn't it feel good for them to use it? It can also make sense because if we are around external things, our minds overreact to it, spending more energy than is needed, making things disorganized. When we spend time alone, our mind can clear the clutter.

But if it lasts too long, a person gets 'stuck inside their head' and their internal ideas truly affect reality, instead of just coloring it. We get lost in the vaults.

And to clarify: Introversion is when a person gains energy by being alone, rather than by doing things with other people. No person can be 100% I or 100% E, there is always a ratio between interacting and meditating (meditating, in this sense, is focusing thoughts inwards or doing solitary things). Ns tend to be more focused on the Meditating on subjects and Ss tend to be more focused on interacting.

My train of thought is unraveling, I hope the post makes sense.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No, seriously. Genetics adapts as you go along.
I don't remember the name of it, but our actions and all possible things alter our DNA.
Or rather, it activates new stuff.

As I said, our minds are not ethereal. Mind is matter. You'd have to be religious like hell to believe otherwise.