User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

How would you describe the way you process emotion personally (not necessarily in MBTI terms)

I deal with them. I don't usually get irrational emotions (ones that aren't tied to something real) so I try to fix my emotions ASAP when they come up in me. Them being tied to reality makes them easy to deal with usually.

You do feel an emotion quickly or slowly in response to a situation?

Quickly.

Are your emotions intense or more lightly felt?

It depends; some of both.

When you experience an emotion, can you identify its source and understand why?

Yes.

Are your emotions pure and singular, or do they tend to be a mix of multiple feelings in a more layered and nuanced manner?

It honestly depends. Again, some of both.

How much of your emotional experience lies beneath the surface in your subconscious and how much is consciously felt and known?*

There is a lot of both. I very much enjoy digging up the beneath the surface ones; it feels like revealing skeletons in your closet to yourself. Like seeing someone else's secret or personal demon; yet it's yours.

How do you view the role of emotions in your life? Is it important to you to feel? Does it provide you with insight or do they get in the way of other things?

They are very important. I get frustrated when I can't deal with my emotions because they don't stop though; and won't stop until I can deal with them. If that happens in the future, I still feel them even though I know I shouldn't be. Urgh. There are ups and downs to my emotions that's for sure. I wouldn't want to change though.

My emotions are like instincts. They provide insight yes. They also let me know when something is wrong with a situation; or when something isn't right with myself or another person. They can also get in my way; but they provide insight more than they get in the way.

How do you react to people who experience emotion in an opposite way from how you do?

Depends on what the reaction is to. Usually either annoyed or intrigued.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

How would you describe the way you process emotion personally (not necessarily in MBTI terms)

I generally ignore them unless they're something fun like happiness or excitement!

anger and excitement quickly- anything else has a good delay going on

they're all pretty light... I can't really think of the last time I intensely felt anything

if it's fear related to the cop driving behind me, yes... otherwise I'm not all that good at it, so I tend to put the emotion aside and focus on something else- this is surprisingly easy to do

Are your emotions pure and singular, or do they tend to be a mix of multiple feelings in a more layered and nuanced manner?

I'm not sure... these emotion things are confusing- like I said, ignoring them is my favorite approach!

How much of your emotional experience lies beneath the surface in your subconscious and how much is consciously felt and known?

I'm really pretty bland- I'm not sure- I'm pretty tuned out of the whole realm of things being asked about here I fear

How do you view the role of emotions in your life? Is it important to you to feel? Does it provide you with insight or do they get in the way of other things?

do hunches count as emotions? I tend to go with them a lot... and I'm always out looking for something that will make me feel excited for a bit! Otherwise, not really

How do you react to people who experience emotion in an opposite way from how you do?

confusion... like people who cry at happy movies, I just don't get it! (and if its my sister I laugh at her for it! ) I try to be somewhere else if that happens... make myself unseen and slip out the door kind of thing...

Dammit Toonia! I've taken easier calculus tests!
    “The phrase 'Someone ought to do something' was not, by itself, a helpful one. People who used it never added the rider 'and that someone is me'.” - Terry Pratchett

Senior Member tastes_like_purple's Avatar
    MBTI
    XXXX
    Enneagram

How would you describe the way you process emotion personally?
    I generally put them off if they are negative.

Do you feel an emotion quickly or slowly in response to a situation?
    Pretty quickly.

Depends on the situation, but usually intense.

Not always, sometimes i can feel down for no apparent reason

Mostly a mix. Only the stronger ones come out on top while i can't figure out the rest.

How much of your emotional experience lies beneath the surface in your subconscious and how much is consciously felt and known?*
    I have absolutely no idea.

Its very important to me. They sort of navigate me in whatever i do.

[B]How do you react to people who experience emotion in an opposite way from how you do?[B/]
    I understand why they react in that way, i just don't get involved.
    A falling star fell from your heart and landed in my eyes,
    I screamed aloud, as it tore through them,
    and now it's left me blind...

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    451 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

I take hold of my feelings and let them work me into a frenzy, or I allow them to pass through me like a delicious electrical current. Less frequently, I swallow them down to keep from acting in a foolish or offensive manner.

My emotions respond to the situation the moment it happens, and it's hard for me to imagine them any other way.

My emotions are usually mild; only when I'm around people I care about, or have recently been with them, do I feel deeply.

Yes, almost always.

The more intense my emotions, the more complicated they become. Since I rarely have the chance to feel deeply, my emotions tend to be simple.

How much of your emotional experience lies beneath the surface in your subconscious and how much is consciously felt and known?

I don't believe in the subconscious, so I can't answer this.

To feel is to experience a value of yours, and your values as a whole define who you are, where you stand, and where you wish to go. Not only do my feelings provide me with important insights, therefore, but they're a direct measure of the quality and nature of my life.

My reaction can be anything from amusement to irritation; it depends on what kind of emotion they're expressing and in what context.
    [ Ni > Ti > Fe > Fi > Ne > Te > Si > Se ][ 4w5 sp/sx ][ RLOAI ][ IEI-Ni ]

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

In a serious emotional blow, I feel it intensely at first, and then it seems to disappear, almost to the point where it feels that everything is fine, and I remain quite detached for quite a while, and then reemerges later when I least expect it. Same often goes for happy feelings.

You do feel an emotion quickly or slowly in response to a situation?Immediately and very briefly and then again a very long time later.

It varies. The intensity usually cycles in waves.

When you experience an emotion, can you identify its source and understand why?Almost always.

They are layered but I deal with them one at a time in their most simple form.

Mostly unconscious, but I try to bring bad feelings to the surface so that I can handle them rationally.

Gets in the way, almost always.

I don't, everyone experiences things differently. Though I guess when I see people who quickly and intensely feel emotions and announce them to the world it seems fake in a way sometimes.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

i'm an extreme intp. i do my best not to have emotions! an impossible quest. when i do have emotions they are usually intense. it's like i've been pushed into cornor or i'm on a high cliff looking down at the roiling turbulence below me wondering when it's all going to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenetta View Post

I think it depends on the situation. If it's impersonal, my "emotional flow" as far as I do have it is pretty unimpeded with immediate reactions. If it's personal, the more personal it is, the slower I will be in having the emotional response eventually. Until then detachment.

It's like the parts in my brain that deal with personal info are much weaker than other brain areas.

That's a fun question. Because I can have these "blips" where I barely just notice a little bit of emotion, and I suspect they are just the tip of the iceberg and they are actually really intense emotions but the rest doesn't enter my consciousness or take up working memory - so that it is easier for me to control it heh.

And then sometimes all of it or most of it comes up into the consciousness and is felt intensely and takes up a lot of the working memory. Up to 95% of it if I'm unlucky but that's very rare unless under extra crazy and continued stress.

The "blips" are more lightly felt by default, anyhow. So I would say by default I have moderate emotions until it all comes out under stress. To be specific, the "blips" are moderate intensity that are barely just a little dot in size in my consciousness and are fleeting, disappear quickly. If they were larger than these little dots they'd feel more intense and they'd stay a bit longer. Under extra crazy and continued stress they'll stay literally for hours though I try to not directly focus on them too much (try to find a solution instead and focus on the thinking for that).

I can also sometimes have really abstract or personal feelings and those are very light and *always* fleeting. Feels like my brain structures for those personal thingies are unable to maintain activation. Except sometimes under the crazy stress, then they can last a full hour. Never longer than an hour, so far anyway. And even this is really really rare

In impersonal situations very easily, because I have that "unimpeded flow" of their perception then. Though they are usually just those "blips" of emotion. But I can just see where, which part of the external (impersonal) situation they are affecting/affected by.

It is also easy because it does not have to be complex definitions for what "blip" I am feeling. The situation itself is what I need to discover and perceive fully and not the emotion.

In personal situations.... uh. Since I have delayed reactions, I have a harder time with this. And the "emotional flow" can be so impeded that even when I get to feel the reaction I'm often not able to feel which part of the (personal) situation it is affecting/affected by. Like which person or what action of a person is affecting things for me. If I can see that then I'm better off and it can be much like dealing with the impersonal situations. Like my stronger parts of my brain regained control at that point.

Usually singular and simple but I've seen mixes for the more abstract stuff but this is realllllllly rare. Maybe I can count on two hands how many times I've seen that in my whole life so far.

For the singular simple ones, they can switch to another one really fast though so it's almost like a mix too. But it's not a layered or nuanced mix. Just a mix of separate objects.

Most of it is under the surface, like maybe 90% or more. Tip of iceberg is enough for me usually though. I very rarely desire more than that.

"* To clarify this question you can have a sense of subconscious emotions based on behaviors that conflict with conscious emotion or thoughts, sometimes dreams can reveal emotions under the radar, or feelings that come up as you fall asleep that have little or no apparent source, etc."

And yeah! I've had that lately, falling asleep or waking up, my emotional systems activating more and then I get extra feelings visible. I also, as I had my perception strengthened over time, realised that I have way more emotions somewhere deep under the surface yeah.

I also have really strong reaction formation for some stuff. It was truly illuminating to understand that, helped a lot.

Detecting behaviours that are motivated by emotion pushed down by the reaction formation can be ... pretty weird lol. I'd like to think I don't do too much post-hoc rationalisation and subsequent behaviour motivated by emotion lol but I guess I do in some cases.

Role: Uhh... mysterious. I'm not trying to say that that's bad. There can be some great power coming from them. And that's the part I call mysterious. But it's very very bad if you let post-hoc rationalisation fuck up things. Or all the actually evil things motivated by some negative feelings. So it's such a conundrum too, something being that good and bad too.

Importance of ability to feel: zero or negative importance in most cases. I don't want even the blips to be too conscious most of the time, let alone tune into them, I'd rather register them subconsciously and pull it out of memory later only if I need it for some reason. So often they are not all that relevant. But then ofcourse for some things you do want to be able to enjoy experiences lol. In an impersonal way as much as possible, though

Insight: Yes they can be good insights for the personal arena. But even then they'd get in the way too easily if they were to take too much importance.

I don't mind them

I actually don't tend to react to people's personal traits and stuff much. I like my "zen" about this, lol. Referring also back to the previous answer, it can be downright evil to me when people care to be bothered about that stuff too much. Causes a lot of bad in this world.

A Bittersweet Symphony... The Cat's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    478 sp/sx

Like a waking dragon.

That's a bit of an enigma too me. Laughter is often the thing that comes to the surface most often. It's always there. I laugh when I'm angry or sad or happy, not always when I am amused. Which makes me laugh. On the inside Im always laughing or screaming. It wouldnt be profitable to always be doing this. So for me emotions can be felt most commonly as a person always talking to someone quietly whether you can see that other thing or not.

I'm invisible to the naked eye.

I like to keep things light on the outside. More freedom to move around and distract myself from the titans that are bound within me.

Scylla lives in my head and Charybdis in my heart. Both will devour any who come too near.

Yes. No one wants to be hunted and devoured or live forever buried alive.

I am the fractured mirror and the bleeding rose.

It all lies on the surface, it doesn't start telling the truth till you go beneath the surface. It's all here if you really look...

The right tool for the right job. You can't fly through the air in a submarine, any better than you can swim through the depths in an aeroplane.

Usually I fall in some type of weird love with them. But then I'm a romantic.
    With all due respect,
    The Cat.

I am the Cat who walks by himself; and all places are alike to me...
    I let the melody shine, let it cleanse my mind, I feel free now.
    Who knows what goes on in the mind of a cat?

Likes ThisName, Luminous, Meowcat liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/so
    Socionics
    ILI Te

I feel very slowly, like a poison slowly creeping through my thoughts, and physical awareness.

Pretty light overall, since I supress my emotions by default. There are some instances of intensity that hit the extreme or scary though. They are rare.

Not usually, as I try to ignore them. I've learned to pay attention to physical sensations to determine my emotional state.

Oh they are extreamly complex and layered, which is why I have such a hard time understanding what I want or feel.

I would say I am very much an iceberg in terms of conscious awareness. Since I can remember my dreams, I know very well how much supression there is.

They get in the way, at least the negative ones. But witjout them, life is too boring and lacks purpose. Its a nessicary struggle.

I keep my distance, because I am out of my element.
    Masculine republics, give way to feminine democracies. Feminine democracies, give way to tyranny.
    - Aristotle

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Do you feel an emotion quickly or slowly in response to a situation?

It’s all quite immediate, though my external reaction to the feeling (what I communicate/show, choices I make, or final conclusions I draw) take longer to work out.

Particularly in the interpersonal realm, I prefer to verify that whatever stimuli/information I took in [that led to whatever tentative conclusion I drew in my head— triggering the emotional response] matches up with how I interpreted it internally, before externally reacting to it— or even fully experiencing it within (especially if it’s intense). It’s like a mental emergency brake. It’s not nearly as cold/mechanical as all of that, of course— I just can’t think of a better way to phrase it, presently. Brain gearshifts don’t always translate to speech in a fluid way.

We all have kneejerk moments, though. I’ve learned over the yrs to keep those at a minimum by asking questions early on, before I’m too overwhelmed by personal noise in my head. Compare notes. I absolutely detest that special feeling of gross stupidity that stems from upsetting myself over assumptions based on incomplete or misinterpreted data (even more so if it leads to unnecessary conflict). I try to avoid that type of draining dumb at all costs, these days.

Highly dependent on context. Both.

Yeah, it’s fairly easy for me to trace the invisible cords.

Highly dependent on context. Both.

I’d say I’m more aware than not, but I’m merely guessing, since I lack the equipment to properly measure shadows.

They’re a natural part of existing. Indicators of what’s going well, and what needs further assessment, adjustment, or repair. Help more than hinder, even when it seems otherwise, in the moment.

And yes, it’s important to me to feel.

We learn through our pain, passion, fear, and joy. We learn to survive. To love. To grow. To deeply live.

With patience, curiosity, and an abundance of caution.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.