• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

In the case you are living in a tribe some 10000 years ago .....

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'd want to be the one who gets all the campfire dances started :tongue:

I'd probably gather berries and plants for the tribe to eat, a gatherer.
WAIT! Hold up, I'll be the match maker :D (Unless thats just the Jews...:tongue: )

Either way I'd probably be cooking and giving birth to 20 kids or something. *shrugs* Who knows.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yeah, Poppy and Stepho, it has occurred to me that 10,000 years ago there was no birth control and a much higher death rate, and therefore us wimmenz would be wifeys and mommies.

ASO should really factor that into his "scientific" personality research.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
After I retired as warrior chieftan, I would want to be the old man who continued the oral tradition for the tribe.

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
Yeah, Poppy and Stepho, it has occurred to me that 10,000 years ago there was no birth control and a much higher death rate, and therefore us wimmenz would be wifeys and mommies.

ASO should really factor that into his "scientific" personality research.

:yes:

Unfortunately that be the truth. We would likely be living much more traditionally domestic lifestyles, though I suppose we'd bring different things to that lifestyle because of our type related skills and dispositions.

After I retired as warrior chieftan, I would want to be the old man who continued the oral tradition for the tribe.

That would be damn cool. I wish I was a better story teller.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Shaman. The best gig in town. No contest.

shaman-B.gif

aristedes_smoking_pipe.jpg

195693900_95ec0156ff.jpg

Alwar

The Architect
MBTI Type
INTP
Basically, along with my brothers, I would kill the males from neighboring tribes and poach their women. Livin the dream.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
*worships new queen of the amazons- considers asking her to kidnap some men so that whatever can stand guard, for incase they need guarding or anything...*

Elvis will be our battle standard.

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
-- I'd be the one who goes out on solo/small-group hunting expeditions
-- I'd be the one who points out that those wild horses over in that meadow might just be really good at hauling loads - and might be fun to ride.
-- I'd be the one making all sorts of weird-but-strangely-effective tools out of sticks, stones, and various animals and plants.

And JAVO, this thread was just made for you -- where are you?

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'll be the goddess.
Everyone will have to serve me sacrifices and dance naked in my name.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Everyone will have to serve me sacrifices and dance naked in my name.

We don't need to go back in time to do that... :D

All we need is some good booze!

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I'd be the Warrior. No doubt. Gotta pretect your people from danger, even if it means putting your life on the line. It's a great way to vent passion.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Guys, these cultural archtypes are the very foundation upon which the vast pyramid that leads to MBTI is based upon.

Just something to consider.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
I'd get all of the mistreated and discontent people together and then we'd set out and form our own tribe. Then after we realized that we couldn't make it on our normal survival skills we'd sell ourselves as whores.

(There Silently Honest, does that explanation make you happy?) :D

wren

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
neato topic! :smile:

back then i presume i would be a weird shaman type who ate mind altering drugs to induce spiritual connections with the universe;

probably would know all the plants that could heal both body and mind; and would know those that could be used for colorful dyes used in the arts and crafts or clothing (fashion might have been my specialty);

an architect for sure--pyramids might cross my mind; i would be the one to choose where the tribe was to settle

athlete/swimmer, maybe runner who won contests a lot;

basket weaver/ pot maker/ cave painter;

poet

not sure if i would have friends or family, depends on whether i was too busy

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Assuming that this hypothetical society from 10,000 years ago is not too nomadic:

I'd be one of the early astronomers, attempting to make calendars and measure the length of a day. If it wasn't for me, the tips of the pyramids wouldn't align with the stars.

I'd be responsible for gathering plants (herbs, flowers, seeds, fruits/vegetables) to be used as food sources. I'd experiment with the plants to concoct delectable meals. I'd probably die from eating some toxic root.

I'd walk the land to understand the topography and wildlife better. I'd attempt to chart the coasts and mountains around the area, and classify the creatures in certain areas.

I would tend to and raise livestock. I'd treat injuries, train animals for work, and raise them to be a good food source.

I'd be the local matchmaker that was responsible for arranging marriages. Familes would consult me before making marraige transactions. I'd also help people with their sexual issues and those "things that are not to be talked about."

For the most part, I'd be the open-minded scientist/naturalist/explorer that's interested in things that most others would find silly and arbitrary, but I'd provide interesting results from my explorations, so the tribe would love me.

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What an awesome topic!

I would have wanted to hang out in North America, making spear heads like this:

Flint Knapped OBSIDIAN Spear Head

While sitting around the campfire, telling exaggerated stories about the hunt to the women and children gathered around.

By day I'd go hang out with the dudes, and sneak up on Mammoths..waiting until a moment where a strategic advantage is gained...then skillfully use a wooden sling to hurl the spear head at the mammoth at a rate of about sixty miles per hour.

Otherwise, hunt & gather...pick up and move on to more fertile grounds.

How would I choose my friends? They'd need to be skillful at shaping a good flint, be able to tell a good story...work well as a team player, using good instincts and strategy.

uh, wait a minute...that's almost exactly the way it works now.