• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

If you're sexay, are you more likely to be an extrovert?

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Bamboo, I like your post. It helps to show that beauty isn't unconditional and that the conditions that factor into beauty may be more often fulfilled by extroverted people (but of course introverts could also fulfill the conditions as well). This whole thread is highly theoretical, and it's hard to really prove any of its claims. I just made it for the sake of contemplation. Cool post though.

Mad Hatter

Head Pigeon
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
-1w
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It helps to show that beauty isn't unconditional and that the conditions that factor into beauty may be more often fulfilled by extroverted people (but of course introverts could also fulfill the conditions as well).

Could you elaborate on that?

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
You mean... I...I...I'm ugly? :cry:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Nonsense. Introverts are sexy, I want to molest them. Extroversion is determined long before puberty. This thread is made of fail.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Nonsense. Introverts are sexy, I want to molest them. Extroversion is determined long before puberty. This thread is made of fail.

The thread doesn't really claim that introverts can't be sexy. Just because sexy people are likely (hypothetically) to be extroverts doesn't mean introverts can't be sexy as well. Your logic is made of fail.

Maybe cognitive function extroversion is determined long before puberty, but some people are shy as kids and outgoing as adults. This is quite common actually.

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Could you elaborate on that?

Perhaps physical beauty is a function of one's ability to take care of their body, skin, hair, and general physical upkeep. Extroverts may have more of a reason to keep their body in ship-shape since more people see it. Perhaps the thread should be more like "If you're an extrovert, are you more likely to be sexy?" I don't know; I'll have to think about that one.

Honestly, this whole thread is completely non-falsifiable. I just wanted to think about the possible correlation.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
The thread doesn't really claim that introverts can't be sexy. Just because sexy people are likely (hypothetically) to be extroverts doesn't mean introverts can't be sexy as well. Your logic is made of fail.

I think your theory is utterly wrong and I've seen no "logic" of yours in this thread to prove any part of your theory.

wolfy

awsm
The problem with a thread like this is I can't come in here saying introverts are sexy without sounding like a complete dick. So, thanks to all the extroverts in the thread for speaking the truth.

Mad Hatter

Head Pigeon
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
-1w
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Maybe cognitive function extroversion is determined long before puberty, but some people are shy as kids and outgoing as adults. This is quite common actually.

I was quite outgoing and lively as a child, but now I'm rather private and reserved. Maybe it has to do with something I experienced during puberty which I think plays a large role in the development of congitive functions. But once agian, I'd be extremely careful to equate introversion with shyness. I would argue that there is a correlation, but I think Sky described it quite nicely - not every introvert is necessarily shy, and I'm quite sure that there are shy extraverts as well.
I think it's a confusion of introversion/extraversion in common use and the specific meaning they have in the typological/Jungian sense. The former definitely equates introversion with shyness sometimes; the latter doesn't.

Perhaps physical beauty is a function of one's ability to take care of their body, skin, hair, and general physical upkeep. Extroverts may have more of a reason to keep their body in ship-shape since more people see it. Perhaps the thread should be more like "If you're an extrovert, are you more likely to be sexy?" I don't know; I'll have to think about that one.

Honestly, this whole thread is completely non-falsifiable. I just wanted to think about the possible correlation.

I'm very careful about my appearance. I'm definitely not the person to say that "appearance doesn't matter" because it's as much a part of me as anything else. I see it as a possibilty to present myself in a certain way. I don't think I'm superficial for that reason; I simply think it's a fact that people look at me and will judge me accordingly.

As to falsifiability, well - I doubt that sexyness is an objective category. There is certainly a general perception of what is considered "sexy", but I'd say this is rather the majority of subjective opinions. - There's no way to convince one person of another person's attractiveness.

It's not my personal preference, but just a summary of the plot of half the teen movies made.

I didn't mean to imply that. On a more general note, I'm slightly annoyed by things like beauty pageants (and ads, films etc.) because they seem to imply that there is something like objective beauty. I don't know how much of an impact they have; all I can't say that I probably wouldn't want to date most of the women that are generally considered attractive (based on their appearance).

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Disproving your thread, one hot introvert at a time

Paul-Banks.jpg

kurt-cobain.jpg

Donnie20Darko.jpg

visaisahero

MBTI Type
ENTP
i have a lot to say on this topic; it's far more complex and interesting than it appears to be

Mole

Permabanned
Ah yes, repressed sexuality - what can be more sexy than sexuality smouldering away ready to burst into flame at anytime.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Terrible, I'd hate to look like any of the examples of "hot" introverts in the pics, or give off the kind of vibe they do.

The last one did a shitty job in some sub-par movie that I've almost completely forgotten by now, fortunately.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Terrible, I'd hate to look like any of the examples of "hot" introverts in the pics, or give off the kind of vibe they do.

Ahah, yeah, I feel the same. Just a type of energy I really wouldn't like to give off, even if I can understand its appeal.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
And let's not forget that that's a real picture of me in my avi.
I quietly add myself to your list ;)

Yes, I second you being added to my list!