• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Stupid Thinkers...

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Paris Hilton

Bubbleboy

MBTI Type
ENFP
What tests...?

the point of the thread is about Thinkers v's Feelers... or more correctly are thinkers stupid..... T v's F come out pretty even on the smart scale.. and no a predictor of intellectual aptitude...

The predictor is likely to be N-ness....
Most IQ tests are made by intuitives and thus other intuitives tend to score higher on said tests. Sensors score higher mainly on elementary school tests while intuitives score higher in college. Because teachers are predominantly sensors in one school and predominantly intuitives in another. Google it if you doubt me, but any book on MBTI will say the same. I think I have to reiterate that I'm talking about scoring points on a test.

Again, type has nothing to do with intellect, ability or preference for liquorice over chocolate.

:edit: Oh sorry, I should have paid more attention. Sounds like we were already agreed.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Most IQ tests are made by intuitives and thus other intuitives tend to score higher on said tests. Sensors score higher mainly on elementary school tests while intuitives score higher in college. Because teachers are predominantly sensors in one school and predominantly intuitives in another. Google it if you doubt me, but any book on MBTI will say the same. I think I have to reiterate that I'm talking about scoring points on a test.

Again, type has nothing to do with intellect, ability or preference for liquorice over chocolate.

:edit: Oh sorry, I should have paid more attention. Sounds like we were already agreed.

Actually the N's seem to say it's the other way around... my understanding of IQ tests is that they are balanced with an array of tests that don't favour any particular learning style... but then again, I don't administer them, maybe someone else on the forum can give us a professional steer on it.

We kind of agree, Type isn't about intellect, however as the survey said, it looks like N's are considered to be mroe gifted (although we don't have a defintion of gifted), and it's not definatively proven (or we haven't seen proper quant evidence of it), just an indication right now.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
George W. Bush

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm quoting it's quotation of stats from a study. Who cares about the blog itself, or what you are or are not tired of.
:coffee:

Do you believe everything someone writes on the internet? Maybe I should write a blog where I "remember" some "numbers" I read "somewhere".

Everyone is smart in their own regard.

No.