• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What makes someone likable?

aufs klo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Someone who doesn't automatically assume they know me through and through.

just keep alluding to some fictional deep, dark secreat, something like, "ha, man that joke's funny! but that's not what really happens on chain ganges"

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Someone who doesn't automatically assume they know me through and through.

I know! I hate that!

I think likable people are people who like the people they're talking to... if that makes sense. To rephrase, for me personally, I like people who like me.

Obviously, this isn't true all the time, though.

dotdalidot

MBTI Type
UFO
Someone who treats you like an equal, and doesn't try to dehumanize you in any way possible. Generally speaking, they must be considerate and kind.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
The the type of people I really like have integrity. They do not compromise their values/ideas in favor of the harmony of a group they are in and are not afraid to take a stance if it is warranted in face of overwhelming opposition. They have guts and are ready to fight for a just cause if the situation presents itself. Anyone who does this earns my instant respect and liking.

They like to discuss and debate ideas... and importantly they have alot of insight on situations. They are not hypersensitive and can handle disagreement calmly. They know what they want. Underneath they are warm, friendly and accepting people. Finally, they don't play mind games.

Those are the key characteristics. My closest NT, NF, SJ and SP friends all share these traits.

Woah, i am ecxactly like this.

to be like you have to be the opposite of being yourself, but i rather be myself than be liked.

one thing i know about not being a dick is, do not always believe you are right, and consider many points of bview before diclosing an opionion. Never bash and look down on people who know less than you. And if you hate someone, don't use language as a weapon to attack people,let him work his his own way out.

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
Besides the general sense of what makes a person likeable, qualities I admire:
#1. BEST quality? Global Thinkers. I love people who are insightful.
2. People who are clever & creative.
3. People who treat others right, kindness- in a smart way.
4. People who are humble and know how to enjoy life.
5. People who know themselves well. They're 'real' about who they are.

I treasure people like these.. They're hard to find. That's what makes a relationship with them that much more valuable to me. I like people who respect others. If they respect others, they respect themselves, too. That's something I admire as well.

Good question.

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
LoL.

Man breastests? Or Women's?? I'm kidding..

I know the power of those knockers!