• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Psychopathy

erm

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
According to Robert Hare, they commit over 50% of the crime (that has victims) which is pretty staggering given the small percentage of their populous, yet makes sense given their temperament. Psychopaths actually have observable blood flow patterns in the brain, Hare has studied them in prisons. There is a good documentary about them on YouTube (sorry I don't remember the name of it)

Are you sure that's full on psychopathy and not other antisocial disorders? I know sociopathy is often treated as a different disorder, sometimes it's lumped in as psychopathy. Antisocial disorders making up the majority of the prison population, usually.

Psychopaths are much more likely to commit crimes, but I got the impression most do not.

A quick google is saying UK and US prisons have about a 25% psycho population. Psychopathy: Antisocial, Criminal, and Violent Behavior -- Maier 51 (3): 394 -- Psychiatr Serv
15-25%: ScienceDirect - International Journal of Law and Psychiatry : Personality Disorders, Psychopathy, and Crime in a Norwegian Prison Population*1, *2
26%: MEASUREMENT OF PSYCHOPATHY IN A UK PRISON POPULATION REFERRED FOR LONG-TERM PSYCHOTHERAPY -- HOBSON and SHINES 38 (3): 504 -- British Journal of Criminology
I have no idea how trustworthy these sources are though.

The definitions often vary and are quite vague sometimes, as well as there being a scale of extremity. So it's hard to tell. But now to find total populations of prisons relative to the country's and an accurate assessments of the psychopath population...

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
True Psychopath

You scored 10 on Emotional Detachment and 12 on Chaotic Lifestyle!
Congratulations, you are both emotionally detached, and you lead a chaotic lifestyle, which may indicate there's something seriously wrong with you. A combined score of 30 or more on this test supports a diagnosis of psychopathy. You are likely to commit, or already have commited, a crime. Stay away from knives, guns etc. although with your brilliant and versatile mind you will probably think of a dozen other ways of hurting whoever you feel like hurting.

If your combined score is 5 or less, you are completely average compared to general population. If your combined score is 20 or more, you have a mind of a true criminal. If your combined score is 30 or more, you have a mind of a psycho.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Not really a psycho
You scored 4 on Emotional Detachment and 6 on Chaotic Lifestyle!
Relax, you are quite healthy. You are emotionally stable and you lead a normal life, as far as conditions allow. You may have other problems (if you score too low on detachment, you may be oversensitive or lack self-esteem, if you score too low on chaotism, you may be pedantic or rigid) but psychopathy is not one of them.

If your combined score is 5 or less, you are completely average compared to general population. If your combined score is 20 or more, you have a mind of a true criminal. If your combined score is 30 or more, you have a mind of a psycho.

10 ain't that bad. Don't call the funny farm yet.

Alwar

The Architect
MBTI Type
INTP
Re: Erm

I think the official term is "anti-social personality disorder" when it comes to the DSM-IV and the WHO equivalent, but Hare and others still use "psychopathy" to describe it. If I recall correctly, they study them in prisons because that is where you can easily find a sizable sample in one place. He mentioned several variations of them like "sub-criminal" ones which basically means they aren't impulsive and can be found in the general population in all walks of life terrorizing their families and underlings they manage to reside over in the workplace.

Don't know how they get the 1-3% of the adult male population number from, have seen it in other places. Wish I could remember the name of that documentary, it's a very interesting subject. Hare is on my reading list for the future but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

Those sources sound like they might be in range because there was a Scottish researcher from the University of Glasgow who was mentioning the differences between North American and UK psychopaths, which he speculated was cultural. He talked about the populations in prisons seeming low, I think because most in prison are there on drug charges or burglary rather than violence.

Prototype

THREADKILLER
MBTI Type
Why?
Chaotic

You scored 7 on Emotional Detachment and 12 on Chaotic Lifestyle!
You are not quite a psycho, but you have problems in one of the aspects of psychopathy: chaotic lifestyle. Your life lacks in stability, you're unreliable and irresponsible. Luckily, your emotions are healthy and strong enough to keep you in check. But who knows, one day you may snap...

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I scored 7 on emotional detachment and 8 on chaotic lifestyle. I am not really a psycho.

Relax, you are quite healthy. You are emotionally stable and you lead a normal life, as far as conditions allow. You may have other problems (if you score too low on detachment, you may be oversensitive or lack self-esteem, if you score too low on chaotism, you may be pedantic or rigid) but psychopathy is not one of them.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I scored 7 on emotional detachment and 8 on chaotic lifestyle. I am not really a psycho.

:D

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Those sources sound like they might be in range because there was a Scottish researcher from the University of Glasgow who was mentioning the differences between North American and UK psychopaths, which he speculated was cultural. He talked about the populations in prisons seeming low, I think because most in prison are there on drug charges or burglary rather than violence.
I somehow doubt that. Scotland is one of the most violent countries in the developed world.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
Lack of remorse and low tolerance can further be reduced to lack of empathy which is the defining characteristic of the psychopath.

ESTPs and ENTPs both have tertiary Fe, which lends charm and charisma but not empathy.
In the system of four functions, the tertiary is below the mean number (= below average).

The system of eight: four plus three is seven.
Hence ETP: Fe is the seventh function.

John and Linda can do many things I am sure.
Reckoning is not their specialty.

One Day

MBTI Type
INfP
Enneagram
5w4
Still unsure? Just take this simple 20 question test! Have the phone nearby to call 911, ya know, just in case your results are a bit disconcerting.

*EDIT* The first link I posted was shite. This one works though.

True Psychopath

You scored 10 on Emotional Detachment and 14 on Chaotic Lifestyle!

I guess I should start sharpening my knives now.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
True Psychopath

You scored 14 on Emotional Detachment and 14 on Chaotic Lifestyle!
Congratulations, you are both emotionally detached, and you lead a chaotic lifestyle, which may indicate there's something seriously wrong with you. A combined score of 30 or more on this test supports a diagnosis of psychopathy. You are likely to commit, or already have commited, a crime. Stay away from knives, guns etc. although with your brilliant and versatile mind you will probably think of a dozen other ways of hurting whoever you feel like hurting.

Only 28 :(. Two more and I would've made the big time.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I can't believe it - I know one of these people. It explains everything. She is an ENTP though I hardly think that has anything to do with it.

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Still unsure? Just take this simple 20 question test! Have the phone nearby to call 911, ya know, just in case your results are a bit disconcerting.

*EDIT* The first link I posted was shite. This one works though.

True Psychopath
You scored 13 on Emotional Detachment and 12 on Chaotic Lifestyle!

Hmm.. I didn't expect to score that high.

P

Phantonym

I took the test as well.

Chaotic

You scored 7 on Emotional Detachment and 10 on Chaotic Lifestyle!

You are not quite a psycho, but you have problems in one of the aspects of psychopathy: chaotic lifestyle. Your life lacks in stability, you're unreliable and irresponsible. Luckily, your emotions are healthy and strong enough to keep you in check. But who knows, one day you may snap...

Waiting to snap, eh? EH? :thelook:

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oooopsy. :whistling:
It appears once again that I am "misunderstood." <*sigh*>
:angry:

True Psychopath
You scored 10 on Emotional Detachment and 12 on Chaotic Lifestyle!

JoSunshine

That's my name biotch!
MBTI Type
eNfj
Enneagram
Narcissism is typically associated with more extroverted types.

I have actually done quite a bit of reading about personality disorders. I had a relationship with someone who had significant cluster B tendencies (Narcissistic/Histrionic/Borderline) he is an ESFJ. It was crazy-making and confusing...I knew that something was horribly wrong. It was actually all of the personality research that lead me to you guys :D

Based on Morgan's comment, I wanted to point out there is something called "inverted narcissist". Inverted (or covert) narcissist are the perpetual "victim". And as with overt narcissist, the world revolves around them, just in a backwards kind of way. Narcissist often end up in (highly-dysfunctional) relationships with Inverted Narcissist, BTW. Because it makes the perfect victim/perpetrator relationship.

Below are the symptoms of covert narcissism, beneath each one is the inverted (covert) equivalent:

Feels grandiose and self-important (e.g., exaggerates accomplishments, talents, skills, contacts, and personality traits to the point of lying, demands to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements);
Feels victimized by everyone often without cause or justification.

Is obsessed with fantasies of unlimited success, fame, fearsome power or omnipotence, unequaled brilliance (the cerebral narcissist), bodily beauty or sexual performance (the somatic narcissist), or ideal, everlasting, all-conquering love or passion;
Feels damaged, worthless and inferior compared to others and constantly seeks to measure up. May be obsessed with comparing themselves to others and overly focused on others' perceptions and opinions.

Firmly convinced that they are unique and, being special, can only be understood by, should only be treated by, or associate with, other special or unique, or high-status people (or institutions);
Feels misunderstood, unique, and victimized. Will often isolate themselves from people.

Requires excessive admiration, adulation, attention and affirmation — or, failing that, wishes to be feared and to be notorious (narcissistic supply);
Requires excessive sympathy and attention

Feels entitled. Demands automatic and full compliance with their unreasonable expectations for special and favorable priority treatment.
Is "interpersonally exploitative", i.e., uses others to achieve their own ends;
Demands sympathy from others and requires immediate attention for imagined crises. Will punish people off for not meeting their demands for constant attention and immediate availability.

Devoid of empathy. Is unable or unwilling to identify with, acknowledge, or accept the feelings, needs, preferences, priorities, and choices of others;
Same

Constantly envious of others and seeks to hurt or destroy the objects of their frustration. Suffers from persecutory (paranoid) delusions stemming from a belief that others are envious of them and are likely to act similarly;
Constantly envious of others and seeks to hurt or destroy the objects of their frustration. Suffers from persecutory (paranoid) delusions stemming from a belief that others are victimizing or judging of them.

Behaves arrogantly and haughtily. Feels superior, omnipotent, omniscient, invincible, immune, "above the law", and omnipresent (magical thinking). Rages when frustrated, contradicted, or confronted by people they consider inferior to themselves and unworthy.
Behaves as a perpetual victim. Feels inferior, misunderstood, unique and imagines malicious intent from others where there is none. Rages when frustrated, contradicted, or confronted by people they feel victimized by.

I think these qualities are much more likely to appear in Introverts...but that is just conjecture on my part :)

JoSunshine

That's my name biotch!
MBTI Type
eNfj
Enneagram

Your result for The Psychopathy Test ...

Not really a psycho
You scored 7 on Emotional Detachment and 7 on Chaotic Lifestyle!

Whew...what a relief....I'm glad to know I am not "completely average". I like to think of myself as just crazy enough to keep you on your toes. :devil: I hear these online tests are 100% accurate, BTW. :newwink:

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
Chaotic
You scored 9 on Emotional Detachment and 11 on Chaotic Lifestyle!

Eckhart

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
???
Not really a psycho

You scored 6 on Emotional Detachment and 9 on Chaotic Lifestyle!

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Your result for The Psychopathy Test ...

Not really a psycho

You scored 3 on Emotional Detachment and 5 on Chaotic Lifestyle!