• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Which type is the most manipulative and dishonest?

Infidel

MBTI Type
INTP
As the title says. Or is there little correlation between type and dishonesty?

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
Oh, wait, I know this one, it's sociopath! :smile:

There might be different motives for lying, but I don't think that any type is really much worse than the others in this area.

speculative

Feelin' FiNe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I would think that someone that "lies," but doesn't have much of an internal moral compass, would be less dishonest than someone that has a strong internal moral compass and lies. This would not true, however, when the person with the strong moral compass believes that lying, in the situation they are in, is morally right.

For example:

Someone who doesn't have any values, and lies to sell someone a car, is lying but isn't necessarily being dishonest. They have owned their place as a cog in the gears and think nothing further of it.

Someone who values honesty, but lies to sell someone a car, is lying and also being dishonest because their internal values are not congruent with their external actions.

Someone who values honesty, and lies to sell someone a car, but believes it is not only required structurally but justified by their value system (such as they are trying to feed their family and believe if they do not sell the car they would lose their job and therefore a greater harm would be perpretrated than the lie) is perhaps being less dishonest than the people in the first two cases.

So, that makes it difficult to attribute honesty to any one specific type, because in certain situations the reverse may be true. I'm still pondering this, but those are some initial thoughts...

Silent Stars

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Perhaps a better question to be asking would be to see examples of how different types might use manipulation, both in a good and bad way, rather than this, which you're not really going to get much worthwhile responses from.