• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is Any One Type Angrier Than The Others?

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
Just a little debate. Does one type bottle it up more before letting loose their emotions? Do the cognitive processes have anything to do with it? You can use MBTI, Enneagram, and Socionics types.

Here are a few links:
Cognitive Processes
Socionics Type Profiles
Personality Page
I was in the store, there was only one other customer. The other customer was a bit odd. Not much odd, just a little awkward. He was young, maybe eighteen. He was interested in the tobacco articles on display just opposite the cashier. He was a little dreamy, a little slow. I was paying in cash. The woman took my money, but she kept looking at the young man.
She was fusing. I could say she was angry.

Why? Was the woman an angry type?
It is about type, is it?
Yes. Definitely this was a type thing. So usual.

Why the young man made her angry? He made her angry because he was not her type.
I think the young man was an INFP, and the woman was an ESFJ.

I am an INTP, why she was not angry at me then? I am even more of an opposite type.
She could not afford to be angry with me. I was older, it was obvious I can defend myself.
She had no pretext. I was not looking at the tobacco articles.

An enmity was born. I knew the young man would soon leave the store, and never come back.
The store was not doing too well. In fact, the store could not afford to lose a single customer.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Just a little debate. Does one type bottle it up more before letting loose their emotions? Do the cognitive processes have anything to do with it? You can use MBTI, Enneagram, and Socionics types.

Here are a few links:
Cognitive Processes
Socionics Type Profiles
Personality Page

ESTPs can end up bottling up anger for long periods of time (aka resentment) and when it does blow out of control and we act on it, things can get really nasty very quickly. BUT - once we blow our top, it's over and we all move on. Long to anger, quick to forget, such is the price of never wanting to stop dancing with Lady Luck.

We are hardly and angry type tough, we are quite the contrary. We just are a little emotionally retarded sometimes...well...quite often. :happy:

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Maybe someone should try to type the Hulk.

G

Ginkgo

I was in the store, there was only one other customer. The other customer was a bit odd. Not much odd, just a little awkward. He was young, maybe eighteen. He was interested in the tobacco articles on display just opposite the cashier. He was a little dreamy, a little slow.

Where was this store? :whistling:

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Maybe it would be more appropriate to first get a good feel on how all of the types deal with anger. I rarely show mine, try to suppress it, then take it out on myself or release it slowly through sarcasm or conversation or out-of-character actions, which can be an inappropriate thing to do, and it's usually not fair to the other person unless they are the cause of the anger.

PoprocksAndCoke

A Benign Tumor
MBTI Type
ENTP
^I use sarcasm a lot.
If I'm angry because something's unfair, that's when I get really pissed off

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
ESFJ i have know tend to be more violent/angry, have also known some ISTPs who are less angry but more prone to violence.

INTPs I believe can tend to hold in anger and then one day suddenly explode

G

Glycerine

Some of the most explosive people I've known are ESXJ, then ENTJ.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I didn't realize there were exploding people. Were they overinflated?

G

Glycerine

I didn't realize there were exploding people. Were they overinflated?
yes. Veins popping or do mean like Violet from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory? ;)

On a serious note all the EXTJs I know like to yell and/or chew people out and the ESFJs I know are very expressive w/ their annoyances/anger. Nothing bad, just my observations. I have no idea how ENFJs fall into that spectrum... they seem more underhandedly cutting and critical (snarky) than directly explosive unless they've just HAD it.

PoprocksAndCoke

A Benign Tumor
MBTI Type
ENTP
On a serious note all the EXTJs I know like to yell and/or chew people out and the ESFJs I know are very expressive w/ their annoyances/anger. Nothing bad, just my observations. I have no idea how ENFJ fall into that spectrum... they seem more underhandedly cutting, critical (snarky) than directly explosive unless they've just HAD it.

Exactly.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I used to be an incredibly angry person .. I would internalise it all and rationalise it so it became my fault (thus keeping the cycle going). Having a fist fight with someone would not bother me at all, the physical pain would be nothing compared to the internal pain ..

These days .. It is not worth it. It is better to walk away with some dignity. We can choose how we behave.

That is why i like smiling at people who try to push my buttons and provoke me .. They get more pissed off if you have a shit eating grin on your face as opposed to exploding at them.

Live and let live, i say. :yes:

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I'm a highly angry individual. But I never take it out on other people...unless I'm mad..then I have something to tap into. Which can be a bad thing..

But I don't know if this goes back to being an ENFP..it could be?