• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Meeting yourself

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
Oay, just imagine, you are just walking to the grocery store and all of the sudden you meet yourself. You know it's you, that person looks like you, has the same personality as you, thinks the way you think, has the same opinion about everything as you, knows the people you know, has exactly the same friends and enemies as you, likes the things you like, hates the things you hate, lives in the same house as you and has gone through exactly the same things as you. In short: that person you meet is you (and you are still yourself as well). And then what?

- How would you feel when you meet yourself?
- What would the first impression be?
- Would you like yourself?
- What would you do when you realize that that person really IS you?
- What would you do with yourself?
- Would you tell anyone you just met yourself?
- Would you start wondering how it's possible that all of the sudden there is two of you while you never ever noticed that there was more than one of you? And if so, what would your conclusion be?
- Would you take avantage of the fact that there is now two of you?
- Would you consider going to a psychiatrist to figure out if you're not hallucinating?
- Would you consider telling the news paper?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i think i'd smile and walk on by. i don't need or want any part of all of that.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Oay, just imagine, you are just walking to the grocery store and all of the sudden you meet yourself. You know it's you, that person looks like you, has the same personality as you, thinks the way you think, has the same opinion about everything as you, knows the people you know, has exactly the same friends and enemies as you, likes the things you like, hates the things you hate, lives in the same house as you and has gone through exactly the same things as you. In short: that person you meet is you (and you are still yourself as well). And then what?

- Would you start wondering how it's possible that all of the sudden there is two of you while you never ever noticed that there was more than one of you? And if so, what would your conclusion be?
- Would you consider going to a psychiatrist to figure out if you're not hallucinating?

-awkard
-i dont know
-nope but i rarely like anyone when i first meet them
-perhaps, if it came up in conversation
-CLONES!!
-hell yeah
-I already hallucinate, so yeah....not about their being another me i could have answered that better if this was the case.
-fuck the news paper they get shit wrong.

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
i would be psyched! i would get real excited and pumped up.
i am pretty in love with myself, so we would be instant friends.
:laugh:

P

Phantonym

I think I'd be psyched as well. It would certainly be interesting to see what kind of interation we'd be having.

:laugh: Actually, I think it might go either way - we'd either love to be around each other or we'd hate each other's guts.

-I'd be stunned, intrigued, awkward, amazed. It would be very interesting, indeed.
-Maybe, maybe not.
-Have lots of useless conversations where we'd be finishing each other's thoughts and sentences.
-Have fun? :laugh:
-I might tell some people I'm close to, family, friends.
-Of course, I'd start wondering about it. Conclusion remains to be seen...indefinitely.
-I might. Most probably for personal growth or something like that. Maybe delegate some things that needed to be done, I'd be willing to do the same for her as well. Maximizing the force, so to say. :D
-Probably not.
-No way. She's all mine now. :devil: But I guess there's no escape from it once it's out. Maybe make some money out of it, write a book, get a movie deal, rule the world...:laugh:

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
I don't think we could keep up the conversation long. I have been talking too much to myself already, so there's not much to say.

But, it would be a good to test if I really like myself as much as I think I do.

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I would seize the opportunity and become my own personal instructor. Classes would start at ten, and they would be a mix of etiquette, school, and brutal military training. The only question is who would get to do the instructing: me or me?

Mole

Permabanned
Of course I do meet myself regualarly. For I reguarly contemplate myself. And by contemplating myself, I am seeing myself both subjectively and objectively. So there are two of me - the subjective me and the objective me - me as a subject and me as an object.

Of course other see me primarily as an object, but to some degree they also see me as a subject. So even others see two of me.

And as for the relationship between my objective and subjective selves, that would be too intimate to share. It's just between him and me. And after all, who should I speak from, my objective self or my subjective self?

The ultimate intimacy is with oneself. And the quality of the intimacy with oneself will determine the quality of your intimacy with others.

Max

MBTI Type
ISTP
Oh boy, I'd be happy! I love when I meet people who are similar to me, so someone who's exactly the same would be awesome! Wow, this is just such an exciting thought for me.

krunchtime

1. It's not a suprise, really (its yourself)
2. Time to take over the world (kakakakak)
3. Probably, yes (dig the think-in-the-same-way)
4. What? Live together and have fun
5. Go travel, advise one another. It means I won't ever have to compromise when travelling plus, I'm good at giving advice, bad at taking them.
6. No. I'll just say its my bestest friend ever (stinker and slinker)
7. No. If we think in the same, we'll regard each other as clones. Secondly, it won't matter
8. Probably
9. No, he'll make me think I'm hallucinating
10. No, hate publicity

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
- I'd feel I've gotten a sample of a theory I've made a while back.
- "what's going on?"
- I'm not sure. But I would certainly hate to see myself in the negative.
- I'd realise all the open possibilities I've suddenly gained.
- I'd use him for my future plans.
- In the meanwhile no. I'd keep it a secret for a while and I know he would too because he is me.
- I already made a theory about it. It'd take a while to explain the whole theory.
- Yes
- No
- No

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I'd probably be like "hey whos that cute girl?" Then I'd be like "HO SHIT THIS IS CRAZY ITS ME!" and pull one of those things where you stand in front of each other and mirror each others gestures for a while and stuff

I wouldn't like myself, I don't think. We'd probably cat fight. Oh and I would tell EVERYONE that I know.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
- How would you feel when you meet yourself? Awkward.
- What would the first impression be? "Is this real?"
- Would you like yourself? Probably not, there would be no topic of discussion, if what he knows is the same I know, since he is me, I would have no interest in interacting with myself. Except for maybe scaring the shit out of people and making money on teleporting tricks.
- What would you do when you realize that that person really IS you? Call him out to a fight to the death, to which he would reply laughingly, since he is me, and say "yeah right.". You'd have to be me to understand that though.
- What would you do with yourself? Make lots of money.
- Would you tell anyone you just met yourself? No. I'd first think of every oppurtunity to squeeze out profits and thus handle the situation in secrecy.
- Would you start wondering how it's possible that all of the sudden there is two of you while you never ever noticed that there was more than one of you? And if so, what would your conclusion be? That the matrix isn't just fiction and I must have been copied by the programmers.
- Would you take avantage of the fact that there is now two of you? Yup.
- Would you consider going to a psychiatrist to figure out if you're not hallucinating? Nope. I don't do therapy.
- Would you consider telling the news paper? Nope. I hate media attention and would minimize personal publicity.

HotpinkHeatwave

MBTI Type
ENFP
Scared, confused, shocked. Maybe very excited too!

Quiet, reserved, formal, odd. Happy, kind, fleeting. Muted energy.

I would love me!

If that person is me, and I am me, there is nothing much I COULD do. I mean, if we think exactly the same, it's not like you'll have any different ideas right? So you can't really have an indepth conversation.. Or can you?!

Hug me!

Of course. No one would think I'm insane either. I'm always running up to people exclaiming recent bizzare events.

I'd wonder where I came from and why my parents didn't share this fact with me. Are my parents actually my parents? Am I an alien?! If there is one more of me, maybe there are even more. Am I the original? Etc.

OF COURSE.

I'd just ask someone. 'Hey, can you see two of me?'

Nope.

forzen

MBTI Type
INTJ
I'll punch that mofo...he's breathing my air....

There can only be one.

[YOUTUBE="GzMM9kfU8-Q"]Highlander[/YOUTUBE]

Trepidation

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w6
I'd avoid myself. Having two of me would just mess up my life, and I'm pretty sure I would hate the other me.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I'd probably just wave, and maybe ask myself if they remembered something I'd forgotten.

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'd conclude that I have finally lost it completely. I would likely ignore him at first, but then just accept my insanity and have a chat.