• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

A survey of dark moods: Attraction, preference and tolerance to them.

Lacey

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Q1. As a general rule, I'm always directed towards success and solving the problems. 5. Maybe not as productively as possible, but I'm trying.
Q2. As of right now, I'm urgently trying to improve my lot in life. 5. Ditto.
Q3. I often joke about other people's problems. 1
Q4. People should support the good mood in a group. 3. I can't decide. Sometimes it's better to take one for the team, but sometimes I feel like it's also better to be honest about how you're feeling...
Q5. Life is so unjust, I almost wish I wouldn't have to take part in it. 2
Q6. I often get depressed from all those terrible things happening to me. 3
Q7. I should be treated with dignity, because I'm a human being afterall. 4. Doesn't everyone?
Q8. I don't get that depressed at all when discussing dark topics. 3
Q9. I wouldn't want to spoil the mood by complaining about my problems. 4
Q10. If someone loved me, they would listen to my problems and give me comfort. 4
Q11. People should understand how they make others feel with what they say. 5
Q12. If people want respect, they have to treat others with respect. 5
Q13. I can't relate to most of the stuff that happy people talk about. 1
Q14. Happy people don't seem to have any depth. 3
Q15. I can tolerate, even enjoy, a lot of depressive ideas. 4
Q16. If I'm on a bad mood, everyone should be on a bad mood. 1
Q17. I cry with those who cry, and I laugh with those who laugh. 2
Q18. Some people's personal problems are a joke. 4
Q19. Things often turn out bad in my life. 2
Q20. As a general rule, I'm a happy person. 3
Q21. Depressive thoughts are always with me. 4
Q22. Life is easy enough for me to have happy, carefree mood for the most time. 4
Q23. I can put my feelings aside when I need to do something important. 2
Q24. If bad enough things happen to me, I just spill it out and make it known to everyone. 2
Q25. My mood is a result of things that have happened to me, and I can't help it. 4. I'm not in control of my emotions, but I AM in control of how I act because of them.
Q26. I live through my moods very intensively. 5
Q27. I'm easy to get along with. 4
Q28. I'm such a burden to other people. 4
Q29. Take me as I am, or leave me be. 4
Q30. Other people are there to help me with my problems. 5

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Q1. As a general rule, I'm always directed towards success and solving the problems. 4

Q2. As of right now, I'm urgently trying to improve my lot in life. 3

Q3. I often joke about other people's problems. 2

Q4. People should support the good mood in a group. 2

Q5. Life is so unjust, I almost wish I wouldn't have to take part in it. 2

Q6. I often get depressed from all those terrible things happening to me. 1

Q7. I should be treated with dignity, because I'm a human being afterall. 4

Q8. I don't get that depressed at all when discussing dark topics. 5

Q9. I wouldn't want to spoil the mood by complaining about my problems. 4

Q10. If someone loved me, they would listen to my problems and give me comfort. 2

Q11. People should understand how they make others feel with what they say. 3

Q12. If people want respect, they have to treat others with respect. 3

Q13. I can't relate to most of the stuff that happy people talk about. 3

Q14. Happy people don't seem to have any depth. 3

Q15. I can tolerate, even enjoy, a lot of depressive ideas. 4

Q16. If I'm on a bad mood, everyone should be on a bad mood. 2

Q17. I cry with those who cry, and I laugh with those who laugh. 3

Q18. Some people's personal problems are a joke. 3

Q19. Things often turn out bad in my life. 1

Q20. As a general rule, I'm a happy person. 4

Q21. Depressive thoughts are always with me. 1

Q22. Life is easy enough for me to have happy, carefree mood for the most time. 3

Q23. I can put my feelings aside when I need to do something important. 3

Q24. If bad enough things happen to me, I just spill it out and make it known to everyone. 4

Q25. My mood is a result of things that have happened to me, and I can't help it. 3

Q26. I live through my moods very intensively. 4

Q27. I'm easy to get along with. 3

Q28. I'm such a burden to other people. 2

Q29. Take me as I am, or leave me be. 4

Q30. Other people are there to help me with my problems. 2

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm not sure if you need any more survey answers, seeing as how the purpose of the thread is fulfilled... but I love surveys <3 and I can't help myself.

Q1. As a general rule, I'm always directed towards success and solving the problems. 5 - I'm pretty goal-oriented. I live my life from task to task.
Q2. As of right now, I'm urgently trying to improve my lot in life.5 - I'm in an uncertain, transitory period.
Q3. I often joke about other people's problems. 2 - I sometimes do, if they're not serious, and/or if they're a tabloid star or something to that effect. Sometimes if someone is talking to me about something that happened to them that day, I might laugh in sympathy. But that's it.
Q4. People should support the good mood in a group.5. This is kind of the same question as #9, isn't it?
Q5. Life is so unjust, I almost wish I wouldn't have to take part in it.1
Q6. I often get depressed from all those terrible things happening to me.1
Q7. I should be treated with dignity, because I'm a human being afterall. 2 - I technically agree, but this thought essentially never crosses my mind.
Q8. I don't get that depressed at all when discussing dark topics. 5 - sometimes I feel heartless because of it. Sometimes, if I'm in a dark mood, I wonder if I'm capable of empathy. (I am, of course, but... you understand.)
Q9. I wouldn't want to spoil the mood by complaining about my problems.5. Absolutely not. When I'm in a dark mood and everyone else is cheery, I tend to sulk quietly, and leave the room if possible. If I were to speak up, people would be upset with me, but being in a room of happy people when I'm really upset just makes me feel worse.
Q10. If someone loved me, they would listen to my problems and give me comfort. 3 - although I like a few words of comfort every now and again, generally when I vent about my problems, I'm looking for a solution to those problems, so what I'm looking for isn't comfort, so much as it is advice.
Q11. People should understand how they make others feel with what they say. 5 - of course!
Q13. I can't relate to most of the stuff that happy people talk about.1
Q14. Happy people don't seem to have any depth.1 - ABSOLUTELY NOT. I know a lot of people who are very happy, and some of the happy people I'm closest too have been through a lot of scary stuff in their lives, and yet they're incredibly happy. The idea that happy people are shallow is a shallow idea.
Q15. I can tolerate, even enjoy, a lot of depressive ideas. 4 - but only if I can separate myself from it emotionally. For instance, I love movie angst that I can just view and appreciate - e.g. "A Beautiful Mind" - but if it's emotionally manipulative, and they expect you to be affected, then 1. No way.
Q16. If I'm on a bad mood, everyone should be on a bad mood. 3 - it would certainly make me feel better, but I wouldn't want to wish that on them. Honestly, when I'm in a bad mood, I just wish everyone would go away for a little while so I can calm down. Either that, or I wish that they could be in the sort of good mood that encourages people in bad moods to be in a good mood, and not an exclusive sort of good mood. You know what I mean?
Q17. I cry with those who cry, and I laugh with those who laugh. 2 - I laugh with those who laugh, and I'm serious with serious people, but I tend to not get mad with mad people and I DO NOT cry with those who cry. I become more stoic, and inevitably become the person's shoulder to cry on.
Q18. Some people's personal problems are a joke. 2 - maybe on TV, and maybe if your sense of humor is dark, and ONLY if they're people I don't like very much.
Q19. Things often turn out bad in my life.1 - I'm thankful for what I have
Q20. As a general rule, I'm a happy person. 4 - I try, but I'm fairly complex, so I dunno if I can generalize my mood like that.
Q21. Depressive thoughts are always with me. 2 - I try to get rid of them when they appear.
Q22. Life is easy enough for me to have happy, carefree mood for the most time.2 - absolutely not. Life is not easy. Life does not NEED to be easy for someone to be happy. It's all about outlook. I'm pretty happy, and I can appear easygoing, but I'm not carefree.
Q23. I can put my feelings aside when I need to do something important. 5 - I certainly hope so.
Q24. If bad enough things happen to me, I just spill it out and make it known to everyone. 3 - depends on how bad it is. If it's kind of bad but not very bad, i.e. the type of bad that you can make a successful joke out of - e.g. a bad date the other night - I'll totally tell that to other people. I can make it funny, and then feel better about it. But the worse it gets after that, the less I'll want to talk about it, unless it's to a friend or family member.
Q25. My mood is a result of things that have happened to me, and I can't help it. 5 - without a doubt
Q26. I live through my moods very intensively. 3 - not sure?
Q27. I'm easy to get along with. 3 - depends on who you are
Q28. I'm such a burden to other people. If I'm in a bad mood, then 5, but if I'm in a good mood, then 2.
Q29. Take me as I am, or leave me be.5 - that's how I make friends, so that's how they should treat me, too. Certainly makes things easier for everyone.
Q30. Other people are there to help me with my problems. 3 - It depends. With my friends, sure. But I'd never assume this about a stranger.

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
4w3
Q1. As a general rule, I'm always directed towards success and solving the problems. 5
Q2. As of right now, I'm urgently trying to improve my lot in life. 3
Q3. I often joke about other people's problems. 5 - I have a job that I need to joke or I would get depressed.
Q4. People should support the good mood in a group. 5
Q5. Life is so unjust, I almost wish I wouldn't have to take part in it. 1
Q6. I often get depressed from all those terrible things happening to me. 1
Q7. I should be treated with dignity, because I'm a human being afterall. 5
Q8. I don't get that depressed at all when discussing dark topics. 5
Q9. I wouldn't want to spoil the mood by complaining about my problems. 3
Q10. If someone loved me, they would listen to my problems and give me comfort. 3
Q11. People should understand how they make others feel with what they say. 3
Q13. I can't relate to most of the stuff that happy people talk about. 5
Q14. Happy people don't seem to have any depth. 1
Q15. I can tolerate, even enjoy, a lot of depressive ideas. 3
Q16. If I'm on a bad mood, everyone should be on a bad mood. 1
Q17. I cry with those who cry, and I laugh with those who laugh. 4
Q18. Some people's personal problems are a joke. 4 - only strangers and again it has to do with my job. My job can be depressing so I have to have dark humour to survive it. If it is a friend then I never joke.
Q19. Things often turn out bad in my life. 1
Q20. As a general rule, I'm a happy person. 5
Q21. Depressive thoughts are always with me. 1
Q22. Life is easy enough for me to have happy, carefree mood for the most time. 3 Sometimes life can be pretty hard but I suck it up and push forward focusing on the good.
Q23. I can put my feelings aside when I need to do something important. 5
Q24. If bad enough things happen to me, I just spill it out and make it known to everyone. 4
Q25. My mood is a result of things that have happened to me, and I can't help it. 2
Q26. I live through my moods very intensively. 2
Q27. I'm easy to get along with. 4
Q28. I'm such a burden to other people. 1
Q29. Take me as I am, or leave me be. 5
Q30. Other people are there to help me with my problems 4

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Thanks! There's never nothing wrong with more answers :) I've read everything until this point. I've just thought, has anyone got any questions of why others think the way they do, any observations..

What have you got? I've noticed people generally prefer "good" mood, but they may choose to influence other kind of mood to spread due to a variety of reasons. Being depressed, of course. Having a feeling that something is important. Hmm.

I updated OP to indicate a wish to discuss about the results, rather than to submit new answers. Answers are cool, but I think we have enough to start discussing more :)