• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What are your best qualities?

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You can relate these to MBTI type or not, but it seems a useful thread to take time to examine what traits you like the most about yourself. Feel free to mention traits you value in others as well.

tibby

MBTI Type
fool
(Trying to keep this as MBTI type universal as possible because ofc these have been my experiences with the interactions with these types).

I really value how dedicated and loyal ESTJs are. There's a lot of crap I can't think of any other type enduring and doing for the sake of those they care about. They would do absolutely everything for their families. Emphasis on the word do. Caring means deeds, action speaks louder than words, so it must be a helluvalot then. I value their caring, I reckon there's a really fuzzy and loving little thing inside each ESTJ that they're just mortified to actually show to anyone, in any other form than they do, ofc. I value that they also seem to have their own set of values they live by. I value, or not as much as that, as like how multi-faceted they can be. Someone said in another thread how they've never been as suprised by any other type as much as an ESTJ, and I can see why. As soon as I've formed some kind of an opinion about them, they come off from the left and do or say something completely unexpected and put themselves in a completely different light, again. I value their thoughtfullness as well.

I really value how loyal and family-orientated ISFJs are. I value how much effort they put into their relationships and everything they find important. I appreciate their genuine care for people. I value how good they are at making time for all their priorities and the dedication they put into it. I value them for being so soft on others and trying their hardest never to hurt anyone's feelings. I value their modesty! My Buddha, they're usually so modest I feel bad if anyone dares to take them for granted. I value they're nowhere near show-offs and usually surprise (much like the ESTJ, actually) the shit out of me with everything, usually most strikingly of how intelligent, analytical and thoughtful they are.

I really value INFPs a great deal. I may not always understand them, lord knows I've tried, but I think I can see where they are coming from and really, from the bottom of my being, genuinely appreciate their deep feeling, easy-goingness with stuff, natural diplomacy and acceptance of people. I feel they're so much better in these areas than I'll ever be. I also feel really bad that it seems like they're not getting enough credit and also feel bad that I have misjudged them so wrong before. To me, they're the enigma. I also value of how humble they seem to be and also find their strive for perfection endearing somehow (although ofc to the person him/herself it must be a real pain in the ass, trust me, I know). I really also value their patience, you can look but you'll never find a more patient creature than an infp. I also value the fact that they just... They truly understand their fellowmen, a person, if they want to, even if they might not verbalise it directly, they do, even better and even deeper I'll ever be able to (I don't have the skills, or the patience). I also value how much they appreciate a person as who (s)he is, as a human being. I value their gentleness a lot as well, their company always makes me feel calm and just _better_ even when they wouldn't even be saying anything.

I really value ENFPs for taking me out to their wildrides and being so expressive and honest, xNFPs have a way about them to make me feel accepted and appreciated, probably even so much more I'd ever deserve. I value how much fun they can be, while being strangely focused to their goals and ethics at the same time. I don't know how they manage to do that actually. I really love their Ne, going all over the place like a rabies bunny, trying to catch it is like following a firefly. I value how much value they put into their relationships and to those they love. I value the fact they also never forget to show it to the ones they love, never, no matter how far they would've gone with their Ne, or just, physically. I really value their values, that are usually very humane. I really value the fact they value me back, too (not a common, or a usual, thing), and never forget to mention it, I just know they bring so much joy and humour to my life I've been disarmed by every enfp I've encountered in my life, and for just that, I value them.

I might want to do some more of these later :D

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You can relate these to MBTI type or not, but it seems a useful thread to take time to examine what traits you like the most about yourself. Feel free to mention traits you value in others as well.

Best Quality-Loyalty.

Cenomite

Systematic chaos
MBTI Type
ENTP
Best qualities in me: Loyalty, adaptability, improvisation, good decision making, true to myself and others (although not as much as I'd like to be).

In terms of others, I'll accept almost anyone as long as:
1. They value the interests of others to an extent, as well as themselves
2. They are true to themselves and others

PoprocksAndCoke

A Benign Tumor
MBTI Type
ENTP
My best qualities: Adaptability, kindness, intelligence, open minded, warm, optimistic, tolerance, pessimistic

Last edited:

Edasich

Enneagram
4w5
I don't white wash the base aspects of myself. I own up to my own arrogant thoughts (privately of course lol ;)).

I'm most attracted to perceptive people who aren't into bullshitting. So l guess people who are less dominated by their ego (which is a form of stupidity so i guess i should really just say intelligence, although it's a different intelligence from what most people normally call).

PoprocksAndCoke

A Benign Tumor
MBTI Type
ENTP
My worst qualities? I have lied, I deflect, I tend to take responsibility for too much on the inside and too little on the outside, I don't know how to respond to some emotions, I can be extremely shy, I usually don't value the opinions of people who refuse to see reason, I can't hold grudges, I can sometimes unintentionally initiate fights, I can be defensive, I'm afraid of being thought of as a bad person, I can be too clingy or too distant....wow, too many to list.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

- You know when you're standing on a pier, anxious about jumping into the cold water? I'm good at overcoming such feelings and just go about doing what I must.
- I'm a wandering (incomplete in some areas) encyclopedia.
- Excellent auditory memory and memory via association due to the fact that I have a neurological condition called synaesthesia.
- I'm creative.
- I know how to get things done, and I can do it if I just exercise my skill of "jumping into the cold water" as described in the first point.
- Multilingual and still learning.
- According to others, I can be quite eccentric. I don't make an effort to be that way, but it just kind of happens.
- People generally like me, at least IRL where I don't vent impopular political beliefs as much if at all.
- 99.9% of the time I do the right thing. If I fail to do so, I correct the error.
- This isn't about personality, if we're not going to fall for the whole physical phenotype thing in socionics... I'm physically intimidating. It's probably due to martial arts training. I know I move with a certain grace even if i'm built like a brick wall.
- I now feel somewhat disgusted over this wallowing in self-admiration... I will now create a thread which lists non-admirable traits.

proximo

Integrity and sincerity. Also, if I perceive that something is my duty or responsibility, I don't shy away from discharging it to the best of my ability, whether I like it or not, and I can and do sustain this indefinitely, and completely without resentment or ill-feeling. I'm patient and forgiving of people's failings, but I mostly manage to be that way without becoming a doormat, and where it happens accidentally, I rectify things as soon as it's brought to my attention. I don't procrastinate on matters of principle.

I also like that I'm pretty courageous. I'm not without fear, but I don't allow my fear to make a prisoner of me or anyone else. But I'm pretty sure I'm also a kind person, and that I "walk the walk" however difficult I know it's going to be. I'm determined, and motivated by things that no person can take away from me, which enables me to be constant and steady where my type is usually thought of as the opposite - I'm proud of that (which is something I like less about myself - my pride).

I find I value far more the good qualities I've had to struggle against my natural character in order to acquire, than the ones that sort of came with my personality package since childhood, as it were :)

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
Since I don't have the time to name all the amazing things about me, I'll keep my list down to the most critical ones:
I adapt to change but resist change for its own sake
I don't make the same mistake twice (perhaps by definition)
I can find and explore patterns but don't assume that they will hold outside of their initial parameters

P

Phantonym

Tolerance, patience, compassion, sincerity, genuineness, respectfulness, loyalty, integrity. These are also qualities I value in others.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I can appreciate you for what you are, whether I like what that is or not.

Charmed Justice

Nickle Iron Silicone
MBTI Type
INFJ
Didn't think it would be fair if I answered this myself, so I called my three best friends. According to them, I am:

Understanding
Forgiving
Caring
Trusting
Outspoken
Polite
Loyal
Fun
Creative
Open-minded
Thoughtful
Sweet
Honest
Dependable
Deep
Intelligent
Great listener
Confident

It matches up well to what I think my best traits are, minus the "great listener" and "confident".

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
My stupidity and mastery of the inane

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I can easily accept and love anyone, no matter who they are or what they've done.
I'm a great listener
I'm not vendictive
I forgive and forget very easily
I can be playful, but I can be serious when needed.
:)

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Best qualities?

I don't think I have any of those...

Johari happens to say that they're independence, introversion, intelligence, self-assertiveness, and sentimentality.

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
- creative
- pretty cool guy, like Halo
- open
- treat everyone nicely most of the time
- more chill than the chillest ISTP ever
- aware of the evil Reptilian agenda
- knowledgeable of what to do in a zombie apocalypse, I've read books