• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Question MBTI

ygolo

My termites win
I like this quote:

In a recent review of the MBTI, commissioned by the Army Research Institute, it was concluded that the instrument should not be used for career planning counseling. The Institute's analysis of the available research showed no
evidence for the utility of the test. Indeed, with respect to career planning they note that "the types may simply be an example of stereotypes." I agree.

Also, I am now very interested in the DDI Assessment Center.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
Of course you can question.
But do not come with the wrong answers like Malcolm.

The poor recruit did not have an inkling.
The few who have read The Seven Pillars of Wisdom and who have understood it have more than an inkling.
They know.

Sandy Nininger was not a long shoot off T.E.
A regular officer type?
Never.

Listen to the poor confused Malcolm:

"I think I am a someone who likes to be spontaneous... I have embarked on too many spontaneous evenings that ended up with my friends and I standing on the sidewalk, looking at each other and wondering what to do next."

A hopscotch.

It is not the P who wonders what to do next.

It is the J who wonders what to do next.

It is the J who has to be scheduled all the time.
It is the J who feels lost and fearsome and empty on the loose.

Spontaneous evenings, eh?

Nope.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"I think I am a someone who likes to be spontaneous... I have embarked on too many spontaneous evenings that ended up with my friends and I standing on the sidewalk, looking at each other and wondering what to do next."

A hopscotch.

Eeerp. Sorry. P's do this all the time, if the environment is not forthcoming with new ideas and opportunities to respond to. Your EPs tend to be more active in "triggering" environmental reactions to respond to themselves. IPs have more trouble.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
Eeerp. Sorry. P's do this all the time, if the environment is not forthcoming with new ideas and opportunities to respond to. Your EPs tend to be more active in "triggering" environmental reactions to respond to themselves. IPs have more trouble.
Not me, Jennifer.

How many IPs enroll in the army? In case they exist at all I fear they have been dispatched to the barracks by their ESTJ fathers for reasons of discipline. An inane exercise.

And as you said, the EP boys know how to make the world revolve around them.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Not me, Jennifer....

Didn't you mention that you had Asperger's or something similar, over on INTPc?

In my experience, Aspie-types have the mental broadness of INTP coupled with a compulsion for closure/concreteness that seems to be very Te / J.

So I can't use you as a poster child for IP behavior; I don't think you're typical for the IP type.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
Didn't you mention that you had Asperger's or something similar, over on INTPc?

In my experience, Aspie-types have the mental broadness of INTP coupled with a compulsion for closure/concreteness that seems to be very Te / J.

So I can't use you as a poster child for IP behavior; I don't think you're typical for the IP type.
Well, I am never slouching on the sofa, if that is what you mean. But I am a sloucher in the sense of being gauche. And to be gauche is INTP behaviour exactly. The INTJs are gauche yes.. but the INTPs are more so. They are so bland they are almost transparent. What a shame.

And yes, I am an aspie.. and left handed, gauche.. IPish to the bottom.

Schizm

MBTI Type
INTP
Of course you can question.
But do not come with the wrong answers like Malcolm.

The poor recruit did not have an inkling.
The few who have read The Seven Pillars of Wisdom and who have understood it have more than an inkling.
They know.

Sandy Nininger was not a long shoot off T.E.
A regular officer type?
Never.

Listen to the poor confused Malcolm:

A hopscotch.

It is the J who wonders what to do next.

It is the J who has to be scheduled all the time.
It is the J who feels lost and fearsome and empty on the loose.

Spontaneous evenings, eh?

Nope.

How is this poetic bullshit relevant to the information I have shared? It screams of, "look at me, look at me, I am so desperately unique in my writing style." Excuse me while I go peel my nails across a chalkboard for a few moments wondering why I just read this garbage post.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Not me, Jennifer.

How many IPs enroll in the army?
In case they exist at all I fear they have been dispatched to the barracks by their ESTJ fathers for reasons of discipline. An inane exercise.

And as you said, the EP boys know how to make the world revolve around them.

I would suspect that many ISTPs would enroll in the army...but become discharged for not following the rules...

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
I would suspect that many ISTPs would enroll in the army...but become discharged for not following the rules...

You'd be correct. There is no notable difference between those that enlist and general population in terms of P/J (or as best can be related to P/J, heh).

Different areas attract different types, different ranks attract different types, but if memory serves, only the T/F divide shows a significant trend towards T types. J's tend to move up the ranks faster/higher, but that's pretty much in line with the coporate world.

(Schizm: A word of advice on MBTI - use it to learn tolerance.)

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
My brother was an ISTP in the army. He did not follow any of the rules. He was a boatman and every day he used to sleep till noon.
Then he went to the dining hall to have some lunch. Sometimes an officer approached him and asked him why he was not with the others. He always knew what to say. He was never discharged.

But I know about a dozen who were.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
How is this poetic bullshit relevant to the information I have shared? It screams of, "look at me, look at me, I am so desperately unique in my writing style." Excuse me while I go peel my nails across a chalkboard for a few moments wondering why I just read this garbage post.
A good way to learn a language is to read.

Schizm

MBTI Type
INTP
A good way to learn a language is to read.

Bullshit. Admit that you just wanted some attention for your retarded format. Don't act like your a good writer. You fail to understand your audience which is cardinal sin number one of a bad writer.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
Bullshit. Admit that you just wanted some attention for your retarded format. Don't act like your a good writer. You fail to understand your audience which is cardinal sin number one of a bad writer.
If you say a cardinal sin do not add number one.
A cardinal sin is already number one.
Repetition is boring.

You can say: a cardinal sin.
Or alternatively: a sin number one.

Do not use vulgar language. It is a sign of illiteracy.

mcmartinez84

MBTI Type
ISTP

I'd never join - and if for some ridiculous reason I joined, I'd quit immediately or get kicked out.

I'd die if I had to follow all of their rules. One of my AF-ROTC friends takes so much shit from them. I don't know how she does it. I don't know how she can just stand there, take the retarded person in charge either yelling at her or accusing her of stuff she isn't guilty of, and not lash out at them.

Maybe I have some issues with authority, but if the authority seems reasonable it's less of an issue. I see so many of the rules in the military as being fairly pointless - I'd never follow them.

Schizm

MBTI Type
INTP
If you say a cardinal sin do not add number one.
A cardinal sin is already number one.
Repetition is boring.

You can say: a cardinal sin.
Or alternatively: a sin number one.

Do not use vulgar language. It is a sign of illiteracy.

Thank you. A sin number one sounds awkward. I would change to a cardinal sin.

You have a point about using vulgar language. But how do you heighten the language without it? If I left out the vulgar language, do you think the meaning would have been just as affective(or is it effective, i could see either working here)?

Luke

MBTI Type
INTX

I don't think it's possible that type is a continuum like the author of that first article tries to assume. INTJ and INTP are opposite, not because of a subjective "scheduling" preference, but because one has Ne in the ego block, whereas the other has Te.

Te and Fe types are more likely to score J, and Ti or Fi types are more likely to score P. Just getting a J or P doesn't prove you are a J or a P type -- just points to what is statistically likely. That's basically all the MBTI is or claims to be.

The reason Te and Fe make you score J is they tend to hasten decision-making, whereas Fi and Ti tend to delay decision-making. Ne and Se (making sure you have an objective perception) also delay decision-making while Ni and Si (being content with a subjective perception) actually hasten it. This is also known as the dynamic/static dichotomy in Socionics (and not to be confused with Jung's rational/irrational which has to do with which side of things is your dominant focus.)

Other than as an indicator of your probable true Jungian type, the MBTI would be pretty much just a set of stereotypes and thus probably worse than useless. (Lots of people use it as exactly that, unfortunately.) But Jungian types are way more than stereotypes -- they are an important aspect of personality that explains a lot about who each individual is and how their psyche is structured.