• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Headache from brain activity?

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I've heard the phrase, "thinking that makes my head hurt".

Until now, I thought it was a metaphor, or an exaggeration. Fast forward to a moment of a-ha!

The human brain is known to increase bloodflow to active areas. Headache may occur from dilated blood vessels. See the connection?

True or not, I don't care. What I have is THIS:

When I was burned out, it HURT me psychologically AND physically to think about "duty". A particular trigger gave me pain.

When I was hurt emotionally, thinking about it made me hurt physically.

People often state the phrase I said in relation to different brain activities. "It hurts to see all those numbers." "Trying to bend the 3d shapes makes my head hurt." etc.

Now, about brain activity: the human brain is known to optimize the energy consumption for the tasks they do. Brains of Expert video players consume *less* energy when playing, even though they show a superior performance! That is counter-intuitive, but true.

So. I'm all excited about this. Any experience, thoughts, further resources?

Btw. So that you know, the energy consumption of the brain declines with age. Brains supposedly organize information in a manner that requires less processing. After all, many things say the same during a person's age.

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Eh. We ought to do the things, and follow the means for which we are capable of.

... What gets me is, yeah; the brain declines with age.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
They don't just decline. Crystallized intelligence increases with age.

Do you mean we should let parts of our brains athropy due to disuse?

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Do you mean we should let parts of our brains athropy due to disuse?

... Hmm, that's a good one.

Well, how would we know how to use the 'other' parts of the brain that would concern you that they'll go to disuse?

nanook

a scream in a vortex
ya i no tis. ctain tings urt so i avoid them. i just stare at walls for aurs.

maybe this is growth-pain, in some cases. your brain tries to achieve a new level of transcendence, and some old thought forms are not linked to the new whole anymore or not yet integrated gracefully, because the new level ins not fully functional yet. going to the old thought forms drags you down and thus disconnects you from the new level of wholiness altogether, which hurts like you are trapped into some mechanical pressure.

or maybe your brain just has a mild case of self-hate.

1_depression.jpg

(evil depression is depressing)

i think diabetes or just any random sugar issues might have a bad effect on the blood issue that you mentioned

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
... Hmm, that's a good one.

Well, how would we know how to use the 'other' parts of the brain that would concern you that they'll go to disuse?

I'd guess my brain parts from what others have, too. Sometimes if I think or feel in a very unusual way from normal, I feel like something new and unused is being operated. Strange feeling. It makes me suspect that I'm using parts of brain that are usually under a light load.

nanook

a scream in a vortex
if i activate some super twisted self referential thinking (i mean thinking that is referential to itself, like a puzzle with undefined parts), i often get caught in it. that's a dissociation from my typical center. it results in an inability to dream in images. i can fall asleep physically but continue to think in this way in autopilot for pretty much the whole night.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
or maybe your brain just has a mild case of self-hate.
Is that a comment to me?

I don't have any kind of headache nowadays, apart from situations when I work more intensively and really feel the intensiveness in me. It's hard to think of that as originating from any kind of self-hate.

nanook

a scream in a vortex
i didnt mean to comment on you. but i think there are many ways or low level self-hate, that are not detected in terms of psychology. being too "male", abandoning the anima or being to agent abandoning communion or being to ascending abandoning decent into dreams - i speculate that a swizz cheeze brain as pictured, might be the result of such low level imbalances, that effect everey single thinking process, because such low level jin-jan layers are concerned with motivation of everything, everywhere. i picture an ascending though process as a tendency that might be "afraid" to come full circle, to get wet feet, it tries to become static, to freeze in a preference....
this is an image of a bad case of scizophrenia:
4_paranoidscizophrenia.jpg

alzheimer looks almost the same. i think that dementia is often in part a rejection of the own worldly mind. (its not an emotional depression, where anger is supressed.) but every level or mind-module or mind-layer can become depressed or be a source of depression. there are nuns, who have learned in prayer to not supress their minds, who have severe phyiscal brain damage as a result of alzheimer-inflamed-plaques, but they are not demented psychologically. also demented alzheimer patients have occasional moments of clarity, which are allways inspired by a soulfull circumstance, in my experience.

Last edited:

Valuable_Money

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
if i activate some super twisted self referential thinking (i mean thinking that is referential to itself, like a puzzle with undefined parts), i often get caught in it. that's a dissociation from my typical center. it results in an inability to dream in images. i can fall asleep physically but continue to think in this way in autopilot for pretty much the whole night.

I am interested in how to do this.

i didnt mean to comment on you. but i think there are many ways or low level self-hate, that are not detected in terms of psychology. being too "male", abandoning the anima or being to agent abandoning communion or being to ascending abandoning decent into dreams - i speculate that a swizz cheeze brain as pictured, might be the result of such low level imbalances, that effect everey single thinking process, because such low level jin-jan layers are concerned with motivation of everything, everywhere. i picture an ascending though process as a tendency that might be "afraid" to come full circle, to get wet feet, it tries to become static, to freeze in a preference....

WTFamIreading.png

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Just trying to find a headache thread.....

Because my ixfx friend (i suck at typing my friends), but I think she def uses Si....? Anyway, she is very sensitive to her body's feelings and responses. She frequents the naturopath on a regular basis and has numerous food intolerances, a gluten-free diet, fibromyalgia, and now suffers from migraines as well. While I respect her and her sensitivities, my nature is usually to think she overreacts to things/stimuli.

Well, apparently she does. But this is evidently just part of who she is, and how her brain works. She became a Montessori school teacher a few years ago, and while she loves kids, she's always disliked working outside the home, primarily because she is a homemaker and a bit of a social butterfly with her friends; likes to not really have a schedule set for her, but yet likes her own agenda. She is likely pretty HSP. So she works 4 days per week with little kids in a Montessori setting, and when she gets home, to her very quiet and peaceful house, she starts getting a migraine which then lasts all night. She does not have a migraine at work.

So she started getting neuro biofeedback?, I think it's called, and she watches a screen with electrodes on her head and the machine can tell when she is daydreaming. She is supposed to focus on this blue strip and 'try to keep it wide.' If she loses focus, the colors and bars change. She does not have to consciously think of anything else, and she has nothing to learn, per se. But she says this is miraculously curing her migraines.

The woman who does the service says her right and left brain, particularly in my friend's brain, are battling with each other ?, and she becomes WAY overstimulated at work, and when she gets into her quiet setting, BAM, the migraine sets in due to this brain imbalance. I guess she just needs so many treatments, then can quit and be cured, except for a tune-up now and then.

My friend is very wise and has become quite knowledgeable about alternative therapies, so when she says something works, I sort of believe her (as she's tried most everything, including two migraine meds).

Just FYI for the migraine sufferers out there. Plus those interested in the whole right brain/left brain thing.

<3,

~A