• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type and anxiety disorders

Splittet

Wannabe genius
MBTI Type
INTJ
I'm sorry to hear that. Two more questions if you don't mind. :) Are your parents still married? Are you male or female? I am interested because I am an INFJ with three children (2 girls and 1 boy) and I have fairly high standards. I am aware of myself and try very hard not to be such a perfectionist as I don't want my children to resent me the way I resent my mother.
My Husband is an INTJ and we are very close. He has always understood me and I now have a much better understanding of him thanks to MBTI.
That's too bad. :sad: It sounds like you do love her, you just can't understand her.

I am male, my profile picture is a photo of me …

My parents are still married. I don’t know if it is a wise idea. :p It is my theory it is my dad who has messed up my mom, and made her far less emotionally stable. He has travelled a lot, and have often overlooked, been insensitive and not understanding towards my mom, often when she has been depressed, which always made her more depressed. She also worries a lot about the fact she doesn’t have a permanent job. My dad is an ENTJ. Anyhow, things seem to be better now, my dad travels less. :)

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
I am male, my profile picture is a photo of me …
You mean your avatar? I thought that was Zach Braff! Cool pic :D
My parents are still married. I don’t know if it is a wise idea. :p It is my theory it is my dad who has messed up my mom, and made her far less emotionally stable. He has travelled a lot, and have often overlooked, been insensitive and not understanding towards my mom, often when she has been depressed, which always made her more depressed.
I can somewhat understand how she feels. My Husband travels a lot and for the most part I am ok with it, but with three children it can be frustrating. I guess it's all about balancing everything and to know that some days are better than others. I also feel that when I have anxiety (aka acting kooky :blink:) my INTJ Husband can bring me back down to earth with his logic.

How does your Mother feel about your father being an extrovert? I would think that would be difficult at times when she just wants to chill out and recharge, while he may want to be around others. I will say that I can get very anxious when I am tired or know that I am not accomplishing my goals, which could be as simple as folding laundry to vacuuming the living room.
She also worries a lot about the fact she doesn’t have a permanent job.
Why is that?
My dad is an ENTJ. Anyhow, things seem to be better now, my dad travels less. :)
I am looking forward to the day when my Husband travels less too! Our life sometimes reminds me of the Adam Sandler movie "Click". :yes:

Splittet

Wannabe genius
MBTI Type
INTJ
You mean your avatar? I thought that was Zach Braff! Cool pic :D

Yeah, thanks. :)

How does your Mother feel about your father being an extrovert? I would think that would be difficult at times when she just wants to chill out and recharge, while he may want to be around others.

What you mention is not really a problem. But you can see my dad’s extroversion in the number of projects he always has going on. ENTJs can be extremely intense in that department, and my dad is, so he has little time to spend on my mom, and she gets annoyed with how he is never relaxing, always thinking, planning, is never content. She complains it is hard to be calm around him, for example he seems to be constantly on the phone. My dad usually sleeps a lot on the coach though, in his defence. :p

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I use to be deathly afraid of spiders... but I forced myself into be around them (exposure therapy) without the help of any therapist... and I didn't die! Anyway, I am not scared of spiders anymore. :woot:

I don't care if it worked for you -- I still hate them! (Vile little beasties!)

Of course, when I get the chance, I still end up getting as close to them as I can, to watch them. They both terrify and fascinate me. :)

Did you ever see the couples' episode of Fear Factor where they locked the girls in plexiglass coffins after dumping buckets of tarantulas all over them, and the husbands/boyfriends had to work to get the coffins open as quickly as possible and release them? I think only one of the girls actually made it through the entire thing, and another one was literally reduced to hysterics.

I still do not know if I could have done it.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
I am afraid not. :(
It's probably because you're introverted. My INTJ wasn't out carousing either, but when we met he I think he knew and he did everything in his power to win me over. :wubbie:

I think that INTJ's are careful when choosing a mate but when they do they are usually very happy as they don't often make mistakes :) Anyway you're a cutie and I know there is a nice woman out there for you waiting for you :)

Nope, Norway.
Ha, I meant to say Europe. :doh: My Husband is English and they refer to trains as coach's as well.

PS Watch out for these American women as they do seem to love European men! Something about accents? :confused:

Splittet

Wannabe genius
MBTI Type
INTJ
It's probably because you're introverted. My INTJ wasn't out carousing either, but when we met he I think he knew and he did everything in his power to win me over. :wubbie:

I think that INTJ's are careful when choosing a mate but when they do they are usually very happy as they don't often make mistakes :) Anyway you're a cutie and I know there is a nice woman out there for you waiting for you :)

Ha, I meant to say Europe. :doh: My Husband is English and they refer to trains as coach's as well.

PS Watch out for these American women as they do seem to love European men! Something about accents? :confused:

Haha, my bad, I meant couch.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
ESxx I'd have thought were the worst with ESTx being the worst of them all. Repressed emotions, repressed capacity to look at oneself honestly. It's all got to lead to little neurotic traits.

I'd have thought that N would eliminate more than it creates as it gives context to these things making them easier to deal with as they are no longer in isolation and I'd suspect that an introvert would be more able to deal with themselves and hence deal with any neurotic elements.

I could be wrong though.
It is interesting that Eysenck judged extraversion in a colourless if not a benign way.
Emotionality and divergent thinking he labelled neuroticism and psychotism, respectively.
I am very psychotic. I fear of my sanity.

Sandy

MBTI Type
INFP

Of course, when I get the chance, I still end up getting as close to them as I can, to watch them. They both terrify and fascinate me. :)

Did you ever see the couples' episode of Fear Factor where they locked the girls in plexiglass coffins after dumping buckets of tarantulas all over them, and the husbands/boyfriends had to work to get the coffins open as quickly as possible and release them? I think only one of the girls actually made it through the entire thing, and another one was literally reduced to hysterics.

I still do not know if I could have done it.

I still hate spiders, too! I thankfully just don't panic over them now. (even the tiniest of them use to make me scream!) I don't know if I could handle someone dumping buckets of tarantulas over me, though. *thud*

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp

I'm like that with snakes.

The Cat

Just a Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads
Staff member
This was a very interesting thread. I'm bringing it back.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I've had GAD since I was very young but only got diagnosed and medicated for it about a year and a half ago. I used to be completely terrified of doing things like driving in an area I'd never been to before, to the point I would dig my heels in the dirt and refuse to do it and have a panic attack over it. That kind of stuff doesn't really affect me anymore. Some months ago I drove to Las Vegas with a friend of mine just off of phone GPS and didn't panic at all. I've become so much more chill in general. Thank god for that medication.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I dont think its massively type related as much as ones brain chemistry,genetic make up and life experiences but then those previous three factors could also tie into one another to form ones type in any typing system. I could see in enneagram 1s and 6s being anxious a lot and in MBTI anyone in the grip of a inferior perception function (I notice overall inferior P tends to be paranoid while inferior J tends to more rage) and in stacking anyone whos not getting their So Sp or Sx dom needs met.

Anxiety is a universal emotion that is needed for survival so it makes sense its one of the most universal emotions so to link to the post above its not so much the type but how its dealt with like So doms discharge anxiety by getting a secure social group, E7s discharge aniexty by engaging in distracting activies and so on so the first paragraph is for the "classical form" of anxiety

Not really. I think different people have different issues. Although if you talk to some people introversion is a social disorder. I had friends, good people but they treated me like I was defective because I didn’t prefer the levels of interaction they did. They treated it like an affliction to overcome. They meant well but honestly that shit is insulting.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
I dont really know WHAT anxiety disorder I have- or really what Ive been diagnosed with. Panic disorder at some point. Then social anxiety disoder. And now social.

Social and GAD were on my last 2 bills from the doctor. But then only GAD was on my last one.

Anyways. Im a 9. But fall to 6- and that gives me anxiety.

What kind of anxiety... I dont know. But yeah.

Also Im on a medication that when it wears off it can cause a lot of anxiety. About an hour of pretty... intense- not to panic attack level intense but very uncomfortable- anxiety every day I take it. A level that is a lot worse than just my general level of anxiety is. But its a level Im used to- have the coping skills- to care for without it generally being a problem.

But yeah. I have anxiety. And its definitely not fun. Im not medicated for anxiety. Anxiety is more liked the panicked BACK SEAT driver than the actual person at the wheel for me.

meowington

Parody Parrot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
I'm a 6. I AM anxiety ;)

I've kind of learned that what I used to consider as "anxiety" is usually more "overwhelm" from spending days on end among people with little or no alone time. Now that I accept that and retreat in my shell when necessary I'm doing a lot better. I've kind of accepted that I don't have to be outgoing all the time in my free time.
Just knowing that I'm an e6 has made a difference too. Uptil then I wasn't even aware of that inner voice that keeps saying "watch out for this, watch out for that" every 2 steps I take.

I would associate anxiety with ISFJs, INFJs & INFPs in particular. Just a hunch.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I am ENFP with an anxiety disorder.

I wouldn't say its type related, but more environment related. x: