• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Act-like-an-MBTI-type -day

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
For all of those who dislike people not being clearly of one certain type. Many people are having hard time seeing others behave in other ways than a description of a MBTI type.

This will make them feel easy.

So, let's celebrate the act-like-a-type -day.

Select a type, act like it. Enjoy!

Most everyone will be thrilled at the simplicity of human interaction that ensues.

I will be thrilled at the lols that ensue.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Yes! Are you aggravated of F's who make sense? J's who have random moments? Annoyed by all of those people who act like persons instead of types, even though this is a Typology Central, not a Personality Central? Yes! Cease all activity that belongs to a person of a different type! You will act true to your image. You will get lollipops, admiration, and most of all, acceptance of all who want to see Pure Types. Yes. I know you want that. I want, too.

The style of this text is (spoilers): a bloody joke

G

Ginkgo

Wait, are you asking me to encourage stereotypes? I prefer not to. This kind of behavior fortifies unnecessary social boundaries and mindsets. They are restrictive and I hate them.

I hope you're joking.

And I am not defined as an INFP for making this statement, as there is no "True Scotsman".

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
^ So what stereotype was that? I'll guess INTJ.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
^ I wouldn't be able to reply back to your message if I don't comment on the thread. Also, you posted twice. I think it's only fair I post a second time too.

Also a rolling the eyes is a stereotypical INTJ trait. Predicting the future and looking through traps are too. Promoting stereotypes are we?

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Geez, be a J and pick a day. I can't stand this wishy washy no details crap.

Jaguar

For all of those who dislike people not being clearly of one certain type. Many people are having hard time seeing others behave in other ways than a description of a MBTI type.

This will make them feel easy.

So, let's celebrate the act-like-a-type -day.

Select a type, act like it. Enjoy!

Most everyone will be thrilled at the simplicity of human interaction that ensues.

I will be thrilled at the lols that ensue.

Your original post that you have since edited:

For Jag. He's having hard time seeing people behave in other ways than a description of a MBTI type. This will make him feel easy. So, let's celebrate the act-like-a-type -day.

Let me give you some advice: Your posts can be seen on i-Spy, before you edit them.
And for the record, I am not a fan of MBTI's 16 boxes.

Your claim about me, is exactly OPPOSITE the truth.
Frankly, I think everyone should take their alleged type out of their profile.
It would force people to relate to each other as human beings, rather than a type.

I don't care what you say about me Santtu, but you better be accurate.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
^ There are witty answers and straight answers. Both were presented. And thus accurate answers don't have to be given. :D

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
You're damn right bro. Damn right ! No excuses, no talking around the bush, just plain facts.

But... think about where we will go from here. What you are talking about will not change when you get older. Fact is when you get older, you will be surprised what things you long thought dead do come back, tho you thought at least age will save me from insanity.

No fucking way. But thats how it works: first you take your time to notice mbti is crazy. And then after you took your time and you need to take a bunch of time, then you gonna sail towards new borders. Being a different human being and still the same person.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
Come on.
Nobody is saying you are a type and need to be categorized in one of those sixteen.
Santtu proposed A GAME. Nothing more, nothing less.

Here are the rules of the game:
You choose a type. It can be yours, but it doesn't have to.
You style your post like how that type would do.
You add the type in a spoiler.
Others can guess which type you're acting (note the word - "acting" not "are").

I like Santtu's idea and would like to get the game going!

Type I tried to emulate: ENTJ, maybe with a dose of ESTJ to take care of the details.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Your original post that you have since edited:

For Jag. He's having hard time seeing people behave in other ways than a description of a MBTI type. This will make him feel easy. So, let's celebrate the act-like-a-type -day.

Let me give you some advice: Your posts can be seen on i-Spy, before you edit them.
And for the record, I am not a fan of MBTI's 16 boxes.

Your claim about me, is exactly OPPOSITE the truth.
It would force people to relate to each other as human beings, rather than a type.

I don't care what you say about me Santtu, but you better be accurate.
Yeah, there's always the chance that messages will be seen prior to editing. You aren't a fan of 16 boxes, but perhaps some other box system - one that doesn't forgive people acting stressed out or otherwise in an imperfect way, even though they've given their best attempt. In that case, jokes about an ENTJ draw attention to imperfection, which seems a lot like 16-box advocacy on the surface.

I realized the distinction and edited the post accordingly.

So, what kind of influence would you think to make by drawing negative attention to un-type-like behavior?

My message is really more directed to those who actually harass me (and other people) with messages buggering about my type, whether in a positive or negative reinforcement. They give the feeling that a person not acting their type is almost a non-person.

Understand it or not, I've been on the verge of collapse during the past 1 week, having worked too much and having experienced lot of anxiety, headache, dizziness, able to just maintain my panic reaction to minimum so I won't go nuts. I've gotten lot of complaints about my behavior during this time.

I've been irritated by having seen that kind of behavior labeled as anti-ENTJ rather than what it is, making me sneer at unskilled use of this theory.

Edit: of course, I'm unhappy for feeling & acting unbalanced and being noted for it at the moment. But at least, that's not a bad application of type theory.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
So, on with the act-like-an-MBTI-type -day!

The following series of statements will do it for me. I'll be an ENTJ.

"Lol! You suck."

"get a clue. You're always so wrong."

"You puny insect. You're so unlike me in my manly manliness."

"Emotions are for dweebs."

"Errors are for losers."

So, that's it for me, I'll go resume being a person. Good day.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx

Nah, it really wouldn't, unfortunately.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
Is there nobody else wanting to play the game?
Please! Don't spoil this for poor Santtu!

Type: ENFJ? I still have problems with those...

Edit: this can also be an ESFJ trying to make everyone feel better.

Last edited: