• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is there anything you could discover about your personality anymore?

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
No new online tests have given me the feeling of great discovery for a long time. Small discovery? Even that's hard to recall.

I'm finding more only by experiencing and living, anymore. I like the forum and I visit here regularly, but I'd say it has less to do with discovering things about myself.

I'm trying to develop some parts of my personality, and I expect to discover things about myself during the development time - perhaps more when I'm getting close to my goal.

I liked the time of finding new online tests and letting them tell me who I were :D

What's the situation with your self-discovery? Any tests, books or something that have given you a feeling of discovery lately?

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
No new online tests have given me the feeling of great discovery for a long time. Small discovery? Even that's hard to recall.

An online test can only help you label things about yourself that you're already able to identify. Self-discovery has more to do with reflection and self-actualization.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I think exactly the opposite. As I've already identified parts of my personality, tests and articles have not been able to give new ideas.

Tests can't help much, they're light stuff for the most part. Sometimes they can hit the spot. That hasn't happened for me in a while.

Mole

Permabanned
The Star, the Personality and the Conversationalist.

Any tests, books or something that have given you a feeling of discovery lately?

The movies create Stars and television creates Personalities.

I have never owned a television set so it was natural for me to look askance at the cult of Personality catered to by MBTI.

But if you have grown up with television, Personality will seem perfectly natural to you.

And naturally you will look around to find something that explains Personality, something like MBTI.

But all that is water under the bridge, for none of us here are in the movies and none of us are on television. We are on the internet.

And while movies creates Stars and television creates Personalities, the internet creates interaction, dialogue and conversation.

So we need to learn the arts of conversation.

We need to stop looking at the rear vision mirror of Personality and start looking through the windscreen of conversation.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I agree somewhat, personality seems like a side issue to everything, whereas living, doing and talking seems more fruitful and central to my life. That doesn't stop me from searching joy from personality, as well. I mean, I can enjoy many things.