• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Chanelling emotion, WARNING!

Chimerical

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w5
When I go out running, I simply run. If I think of anything emotional I run faster and me stamina is higher depending on the level of emotion. The emotion felt never seemed to matter. I run and think of someone I'm in love with and I feel like I can break the sound barrier.

I've noted my times from track and field meets in highschool combined with my emotional state. When my first crush cheered me on I usually won. When I found out my grandfather was dying I ran my fastest time to date.

I wonder if it's a universal thing, an Fi thing, an F thing, or something else.

I find getting emotionally insync with things, reguardless of the task, improves my performance. But I haven't asked others about this.

On a side note this has backfired and thrown me into hyper depression a few times. I.E. I'm completely connected to the music playing in this coffee shop, using it to conversate, play videogames, cards, everything better! Then someone plays one that reminds me of an ex-girlfriend I'm still in love with. So I shut down to that point where you want to dissapear.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
I know many FPs, especially NFPs, that connect to their inner emotions to influence to do things to the max. I remember someone here saying that INFPs thrive on feeling intense emotions. It's their fuel. The stronger the emotion, the stronger the fuel.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
When I go out running, I simply run. If I think of anything emotional I run faster and me stamina is higher depending on the level of emotion. The emotion felt never seemed to matter. I run and think of someone I'm in love with and I feel like I can break the sound barrier.

I've noted my times from track and field meets in highschool combined with my emotional state. When my first crush cheered me on I usually won. When I found out my grandfather was dying I ran my fastest time to date.

I wonder if it's a universal thing, an Fi thing, an F thing, or something else.

I find getting emotionally insync with things, reguardless of the task, improves my performance. But I haven't asked others about this.

Honestly I think it's an Fi thing, I have this trait in me to an extent too. To get motivated and 'fueled' by positive (or negative) emotions and end up performing better. I tend to use the negative emotions more to motivate me more (and eventually it helps). Maybe FPs use the positive emotions more to motivate them.

speculative

Feelin' FiNe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I know many FPs, especially NFPs, that connect to their inner emotions to influence to do things to the max. I remember someone here saying that INFPs thrive on feeling intense emotions. It's their fuel. The stronger the emotion, the stronger the fuel.

I personally find this to be true. When I'm motivated from the inside, I'm a whirlwind of productivity. When I'm not, I am not nearly as productive, although I can still get things done.

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
It's not just a Fi thing, I've got it too.

wren

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
I ran track in high school and never ran faster for an audience. blech and yuck Self consciousness was me on 'stage'. Motivation is fueled by how others do in regard to my assistance or energy but I'm not stopped in my regard for myself because someone hasn't appreciated my presence. I stop myself most of all because something isn't attainable, realistically so. Which isn't a bad thing when you get down to it. ha That may mean most everything in terms of success is out of my reach. But, not real people experiences, where I know I'm communicating with them in a sincere way and really hearing them and offering something for the moment they might use for their growth. (few and far between without a job choice, for me anyway, and also, well I forgot my other point) Now that is gratifying! There is some point when we have to say to ourselves, regardless of type, that people matter. Not sure where it comes from. Emanations from love divine.

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
I find I perform best in sports when I'm not thinking or feeling at all, but getting caught up in the flow. This is especially the case with repetitive sports like swimming, rowing, cycling and running. When I'm not particularly in 'flow' I try to focus on maintaining a steady and deep breathing to keep a good oxygen level in my body, and to make sure I can deny my pain.