• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Sensors Appreciation&Envy Thread

Happyman

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
On this, here, forum Sensors seem to be under appreciated. The reason probably being: there's more of us, Intuitive types.

So we boast about our creativity, vision, etc, etc.

Let's share what we love Sensors for! (At least I love them, immensely. ;) )

1. They really live in the World - we spend so much time in our own heads, that we miss half of the beauty of the World. It's always some Sensor that points you out: look at this beautiful sunset! (tree/bird/sky) And you slowly move your focus and finally SEE. :)

2. They really now how to enjoy simple stuff in life, the stuff that matters - how many times we, Intuitives eat without eating? Chicken salad miraculously turns into plan for tomorrow. I love to look at people really enjoying their food. My Sensor mother always brings me back from imaginative voyage with the question: 'Is it tasty?' THAN, I finally start eating. ;)

3. PERCEPTIVENESS. Yes. I barely notice the difference between 'more or less clean' and 'clean', when it comes to an apartment. Or clothing sometimes :doh: 'Huh? Where did this stain come from??' ;)

4. Love for the manual - Have you ever seen an ISTP driving a car? Mmm... I consider myself a good driver, but these guys really become one with the machine! Or Sensors painting, gardening, DOING something. Looks great. We seem to always be SOMEWHERE THERE in the land of ideas.

And now... LET'S SHARE! ;)

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
*wind is blowing*
*chunks of dust move from left to right through the television frame*
*baby screams echo fantly in the distance*

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I think that it's people not feeling like they fit in so the reaction on the forum. It comes across as

N's are better than S's
I's are better than E's
T's are better than F's (You can't forget the "hey, F guys don't fit in either!?!?" on this one)
P's are better than J's.

The part of the personality that doesn't "fit" is what people are going to be rabid about.

Sensors are great, fine, wonderful, boring, stupid, creative, brilliant just like the N's. But they fit in better so they get a bum rap in the "we don't fit in" mantra that plays so well.

Happyman

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I think that it's people not feeling like they fit in so the reaction on the forum. It comes across as

N's are better than S's
I's are better than E's
T's are better than F's (You can't forget the "hey, F guys don't fit in either!?!?" on this one)
P's are better than J's.

Damn, I failed at 3 out of 4... ;) No, wait - 'F-guy'. 2 out of 4.
Yeah, sounds reasonable. Still it stupid to vent here about people who 'don't understand you', especially that it usually means that you don't fully understand them.

Sensors are great, fine, wonderful, boring, stupid, creative, brilliant just like the N's. But they fit in better so they get a bum rap in the "we don't fit in" mantra that plays so well.

Yup. Still we can write what we like them for! Are we capable of this? ;)

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

I's are better than E's
N's are better than S's
P's are better than J's.

The part of the personality that doesn't "fit" is what people are going to be rabid about.

I think its all a plot by the INTPs to push how better they are then everyone else.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Yup. Still we can write what we like them for! Are we capable of this? ;)

No, I'm just capable of analyzing things. I don't actually do what I'm supposed to.

Happyman

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I think its all a plot by the INTPs to push how better they are then everyone else.

No, no, no! We're not turning this one into INTP-bashing thread! :D

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
*wind is blowing*
*chunks of dust move from left to right through the television frame*
*baby screams echo fantly in the distance*

:yim_rolling_on_the_

I do appreciate SJs' attention to detail. It's very helpful.

G

Glycerine

I like the SJs' practicality and the SPs' simple approach to life. Not "simple" as in stupid but as in not reading into everything and causing trivial self-inflicted problems.

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
It's just a dichotomy, not an oppressed ethnic minority. These are letters, not reality. (arguably) They don't need their own appreciation/recognition moments.

</rant>

Trepidation

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w6
It's just a dichotomy, not an oppressed ethnic minority. These are letters, not reality. (arguably) They don't need their own appreciation/recognition moments.

</rant>

No, nobody needs it, but it feels good, doesn't it?

Anyway, thanks Happyman. It's always nice to see some love thrown around, as the EFs seem to do a lot :hug:

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
Looks like another INTP that misses the point of a thread :p

Se-ers (Seers? See-ers?) keep me from being crushed under my Ni. How? The easy lifestyle. My ISFP friend only gets offended when -I- do something morally stupid or mean. Keeps me on the straight and narrow and busy swearing at Halo :D

As 'hangout buddies' SPs > NFs (Two NFs is too much if I'm one of them)

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
(they love it)

Love it when people try to bash us because its amusing when they fail :D

Not because we(or i) like to see people fail, but its fun to bring people back to reality :yes:

Jaguar

It's just a dichotomy, not an oppressed ethnic minority. These are letters, not reality. (arguably)

Actually, it's an *assumption* of a dichotomy.
S and N are not necessarily mutually exclusive.

I spoke to a psychologist about MBTI last week who said,
"The next time someone pretends they don't use Se as much as everyone else, ask them how they drive a car."
I told him many Ns in this forum have seeing eye dogs.

funnydog.gif

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Actually, it's an *assumption* of a dichotomy.
S and N are not necessarily mutually exclusive.

I spoke to a psychologist about MBTI last week who said,
"The next time someone pretends they don't use Se as much as everyone else, ask them how they drive a car."
I told him many Ns in this forum have seeing eye dogs.

Its on. I will pit me and my truck against his jag anyday. Next time ask him how does he drive:D

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Been driving 100, lately? :D

Not lately:D Couldnt tell you the last time I hit 100. Im not talking straight away and high speed, I am talking normal everyday street driving. More like over all constant zoom-zoom factor.