• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Introverts and sleep dreams

Carnallace

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I have always had very lucid dreams. Like Mystic Tater had said, I've grown to question the origin of my dreams; what they reflect in my awake life, why I dreamt what I did, what the dream meant, etc.
I almost always remember my dreams. Some are insignificant, and I forget them throughout the day. But a good number stay with me for a long time. I can remember certain dreams as far back as when I was 5 or 6.

When I was younger, I told anyone who would listen about my dreams, because they were always so foreign to me. But the reactions I received sort of dissuaded my openness about them, and now I keep them to myself.

For me, dreams are sacred because they reflect your inner consciousness. But my adversity to being open about them came from the awkward glances and negative reactions I’d received because of the overall bizarreness of them.

But that’s what I love about them! They’re ludicrous and often frightening, but somehow, beautiful.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
I have always had very lucid dreams. Like Mystic Tater had said, I've grown to question the origin of my dreams; what they reflect in my awake life, why I dreamt what I did, what the dream meant, etc.
I almost always remember my dreams. Some are insignificant, and I forget them throughout the day. But a good number stay with me for a long time. I can remember certain dreams as far back as when I was 5 or 6.

When I was younger, I told anyone who would listen about my dreams, because they were always so foreign to me. But the reactions I received sort of dissuaded my openness about them, and now I keep them to myself.

For me, dreams are sacred because they reflect your inner consciousness. But my adversity to being open about them came from the awkward glances and negative reactions I’d received because of the overall bizarreness of them.

But that’s what I love about them! They’re ludicrous and often frightening, but somehow, beautiful.

Mine, at best, are like B rated movies on a ruined VHS tape.

I envy people with lucid imaginations.

brilliantwomble

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I actually have crazy dreams all the time and have recently started lucid dreaming (never used to.) I have also had weird control over dreams without my being aware of it such as a dream I had a few months ago where I met this guy, I didn't trust him and I somehow *knew* in the end he was going to shoot me (he did), but when I woke up I have wondered if the dream turned out that way just because I thought it would.

But on the topic of sharing dreams... see above, don't have much of an issue sharing dreams and I am a pretty strong introvert. Some are private and I don't share them, but most are just interesting stories and some are just down right creepy (like a thriller film, which, incidentally, I don't watch.) I don't tell them to everyone--goodness I am an introvert so I only talk with close friends about my life anyway. So yeah, I tell close friends, but if I had a bizarre dream and it related to a conversation (and was appropriate), I would probably share, regardless of audience. I guess I never took most of mine too personally.