• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Dream Psychology

GorillaGorilla

MBTI Type
INTJ
I do not mean to belittle the speculation of the person who started this thread, nor those who also think about this topic alot. But my logic leads me to believe that analyzing or interpreting the meaning of dreams is about as concrete as proving whether a divine entity exists or not. The only conclusions one can come to are entirely in terms of what he/she conciously is familiar with, be it imaginary or empirical. I usually try and stay away from these topics because of their ultimate uncertainty. Dreams in particular can never be defined or analyzed correctly, they are like poetry written by someone you will never meet, or by a creature you won't ever see. Thus the "language" they are written in is completely unknown, and perhaps what we remember from our dreams are only a small fraction of "the language" that was written.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP

Yeah, it should be understood that it can only be that; speculation.

On a quantum note, it would be impossible to prove that we do or don't remember all of a dream because simple observation would alter the activity.

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
What are your opinions on Dream Psychology? Can any of you analyze dreams and their meaning?

Yes, I usually can analyze my own dreams. Not all of my dreams are meant to be analyzed but some are meaningful. Usually I know if the dream was meaningful. My dreams usually represent my progress in some important things in my life. I'm not that good in interpreting other people's dreams.

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
I do not mean to belittle the speculation of the person who started this thread, nor those who also think about this topic alot. But my logic leads me to believe that analyzing or interpreting the meaning of dreams is about as concrete as proving whether a divine entity exists or not. The only conclusions one can come to are entirely in terms of what he/she conciously is familiar with, be it imaginary or empirical. I usually try and stay away from these topics because of their ultimate uncertainty. Dreams in particular can never be defined or analyzed correctly, they are like poetry written by someone you will never meet, or by a creature you won't ever see. Thus the "language" they are written in is completely unknown, and perhaps what we remember from our dreams are only a small fraction of "the language" that was written.
I totally agree with you; its all speculation, but its still fascinating. Even if dreams don't mean anything, it seems itneresting to me to make them mean something, to try and tie them together into a coherent message, even if in reality/fact they are just random images and events imagined while sleeping.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
What are your opinions on Dream Psychology? Can any of you analyze dreams and their meaning?

For example, what does it mean if you have a dream where you are on top of a building, laying down, and you are afraid of heights, and the top of the building becomes smaller and smaller until you fall off because you are too big to lay on it? Cause... I had that dream recently :hi:
I usually don't remember my dreams, but when I do remember one and it keeps coming back to my recollection and I just can't seem to understand what it meant, I will look up the meanings of the different significant items in the dream and see if I can make sense of it.

I have had an interest in understanding the meanings of my dreams for many years, and have owned many "interpretation" books, but the most accurate and helpful dream interpretation book for me has been Ten Thousand Dreams Interpreted by Gustavus Hindman Miller

Most of the time, I have found dreams to be a reflection of how I am feeling when I am awake. Apparently, dreams are an important way for us to process our thoughts and feelings.

I have heard that if a person didn't dream, that person would become psychotic, so when people tell me they don't dream, even though they are convinced, I know that in reality, they just aren't remembering their dreams, since I am assuming that they don't seem to be psychotic.

I recommend that you download the book and search the text for the most significant images or feelings or thoughts on your dream.

Just off the top of my head, I would think your dream signifies that in your real life, you are being forced to do something you are afraid to do.