• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Memory having to do with entertaining things.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
this could probably go in fluff or bonfire

but I've found things like movies,shows and books I have a 3 year memory for those before its like, I've never seen it or read it before which is awesome so I can recycle every three years and everything is brand new. Any one else observed this phenomenon in themselves?

P

Phantonym

I've had it for as long as I can remember. Good for you for having a 3 year memory. I think mine is like 6 months, unless the movie, book or whatever has a very profound impact on me. I mostly remember the feeling whether I liked it or not but not any specific details.

Sometimes I hate it but mostly I love it because I can experience things over and over again. There's always this feeling that something great is going to happen as I read/watch and I love the anticipation. Sweet :smile:

SolitaryPenguin

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
My girlfriend is this way (to a much shorter extent) which is awesome. Any time I feel like revisiting a movie I hadn't seen in a while, I can convince her that she never saw it. She won't even think something is familiar while watching it, it's great.

I, on the other hand, remember almost everything I have ever seen/heard/smelled/tasted/touched indefinitely. It's helpful while also creating a lot of brain clutter.

Xenon

(blankpages)
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I have a strong memory for books, shows, etc. as long as they genuinely interested me. I also seem to remember amusing things people have said and done for a long time. I have a half-brother 12 years younger than me, and I seem to remember many more cute/amusing incidents from his toddler and preschool years than our mother. At times she's accused me of making something up, even though she was present when it happened.

MBTI Type
INxJ
I think mine is like 6 months, unless the movie, book or whatever has a very profound impact on me.

Same here. Even then, I only really remember the overall theme. Not the names or anything detail specific.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I remember themes too and not names and details. And I always know the end :D

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
totally new, like no feelings of familarity, I can't remember details either but damnit never mind i can't explain what i mean.