• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Changing personality

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've noticed in the past year I've changed a great deal. Mostly from situations and circumstances. I'm not talking about changing types, just changing a lot of qualities.

Anyone else had this happen to them?
What kinds of circumstances have catalyzed these changes?
And was it for the better or the worse?
And anything else you've got to say about it. (I don't feel like sitting here and asking 20 questions, you get the idea.)

Last edited:

wolfy

awsm
I've changed heaps since I was in my twenties. Changed from being a hippy travelling type to a hard training loves training type. I'm just the same, I think it is really interesting how peoples perception of you changes.

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Ever since I got married and had kids I've changed for the better.

I used to be an aimless wanderer, constantly adapting to changing situations, but never really sure of what was important and what was not.

Some exposure to religion helped, and also some counseling along the way.

Personality type theory has been a tremendous help, as well.

In the last couple of years, I've learned a lot about myself--my strengths and weaknesses, and how to grow and develop those things.

I've become more and more comfortable with the mundane responsibilities of every day life.

I've become more comfortable making judgements and firm decisions, and this has made my intuitive perceptions more useful.

I've got a long way to go, and I still have my ups and downs--- but things are getting clearer and more meaningful all the time. :)

Shortnsweet--I want to encourage you to keep going. You'll figure it out.:hug:

bcvcdc

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTx
I've noticed in the past year I've changed a great deal. Mostly from situations and circumstances. I'm not talking about changing types, just changing a lot of qualities. Not sure if I like myself anymore or not.

Qualities? Yes. I've lost my ability to feel deeply for almost everyone (most people) with the certain exception of my partner, my dogs and my family. I still feel very deeply for them as well as nature itself. You see, nature, as defined by most people, doesn't change. Well, I mean it does, but not in the way some people, particularly gamers, change. Nature can be relied on to provide me with a sense of beauty, magnificence and awe, even as the seasons change. My partner, dogs and family can be relied upon to provide me a sense of stability and a certain kind of genuine caring and love. Without them, I would be forever lost in a world full of uncertainty, corruption and deceipt. I can somehow perceive something of this "other" world, I know it's a part of life, but as far as my life as a whole, I tend to simply observe from an adequate distance so as not to become too involved in it. In other words I do my best to ignore it. :ranting:

The circumstances that brought about that change were becoming aware of MBTI, and basically just opening my eyes to reality, with, of course, help from friends. :yes:

I actually have a lot to say about it, but probably not here since the readers on this forum don't know how to read anything other than professional bullshit, corporate jargon and something they call English, but most people can tell it isn't English after all. :hi:

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Qualities? Yes. I've lost my ability to feel deeply for almost everyone (most people) with the certain exception of my partner, my dogs and my family. I still feel very deeply for them as well as nature itself. You see, nature, as defined by most people, doesn't change. Well, I mean it does, but not in the way some people, particularly gamers, change. Nature can be relied on to provide me with a sense of beauty, magnificence and awe, even as the seasons change. My partner, dogs and family can be relied upon to provide me a sense of stability and a certain kind of genuine caring and love. Without them, I would be forever lost in a world full of uncertainty, corruption and deceipt. I can somehow perceive something of this "other" world, I know it's a part of life, but as far as my life as a whole, I tend to simply observe from an adequate distance so as not to become too involved in it. In other words I do my best to ignore it. :ranting:

The circumstances that brought about that change were becoming aware of MBTI, and basically just opening my eyes to reality, with, of course, help from friends. :yes:

I actually have a lot to say about it, but probably not here since the readers on this forum don't know how to read anything other than professional bullshit, corporate jargon and something they call English, but most people can tell it isn't English after all. :hi:

I'd love to read more..

(This is my thread I can demand elaboration if I want to. )

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Yeah I've changed a lot even over the past couple of years. A lot of it depends on my environment but then again I think maybe a bigger portion depends on my mentality.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've noticed in the past year I've changed a great deal. Mostly from situations and circumstances. I'm not talking about changing types, just changing a lot of qualities. Not sure if I like myself anymore or not.

And anything else you've got to say about it. (I don't feel like sitting here and asking 20 questions, you get the idea.)

How can you not like yourself?

It seems impossible to exist if you don't, seriously.

If I didn't like myself I'd fucking-A change whatever it was that I didn't like ASAP.

Are you depressed?

Have you been wronged and not made resolution (aka revenge) yet?

Halla will help you if you but ask... :D :devil::newwink:

Alwar

The Architect
MBTI Type
INTP
Refined quite a bit in early mid-twenties. The male brain apparently doesn't fully develop until about age 25. Coincidence?

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP

Um yes.

Being kicked out of my parents house at 16.
Dealing with the military.
Dealing with 1st real girlfriend.
Not knowing what to do with my life.
Dealing with being physically attacked multiple times.
Moving in with girlfriend.
Finding out wife was a greed twit who took all our money and wasted it.
Pretty much everything. :)

Generally better for me.

Halla mentioned noticing the qualities you don't like and changing them. I agree with this. Know yourself, change things you dislike.

:hug:

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hmm.. I guess "not liking myself" is a bit strong to say. I just developed some interesting qualities and i'm not sure what to make of them.
This isn't supposed to be about me anyway.
I'll cut that part out.