• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Why is your country of type X?

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I'm quite sure ISTJ is our national type, which is a rare occasion in the world, so I think I'll share with you some tidbits of Finnish life as I've seen it.
-Buses are on time
-Half the people complain there's immigrant bus drivers now, a change to what we had 20 years ago
-if someone drinks some candy & alcohol cocktail mix and dies, the first idea everyone has is how to regulate the damn thing
-the bureaucracies work almost exactly as told to every minute detail
-if there's a situation that existing rules don't cover, people extrapolate from existing rules and demand a new rule to be created
-people maintain an efficient working schedule day to day, extremely low key, unless if it's an aspect of the work to be seen and noticed
-efficiency drives everything
-people are generally assumed not to waste things unnecessarily, not to break the law, and very surprisingly, that works for the most part, even though this is capitalistic and consumerist society
-if the government rips you off, you still pay your taxes, go complain on the interwebs how things should change, eventually noticing that the collective bunch of you won't have enough guts for change
-if someone organizes a loud party, your first thoughts center around the decibels, plus if there was a proper permit applied for the party
-government officials won't take bribes, but they won't take sensible reasoning, either
-the first person to be quoted in almost any news story for an unusual happening, is a government official
-changes of 1% to age old shit make the national headlines
-half the people think what can be done to regulate themselves
-people maintain a stoic character for the most, but loosen up when drunk - more than people in other countries
-ranking of #2 in international rankings for governmental stability

I'll tell more stories later. Or, better yet, you tell national tales of type land XYZ.

Last edited:

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
Don't forget that 'rebelling' is spraypainting on a random newly built object some letters that dont mean a thing to anyone but you.

You see more good graffiti in the states :D

There was an article in the paper a week or so ago about politicians still keeping their position even though they were the The Pr0nz.

Finland has the best 'mixed metal' genre. Symphonic Metal? Nightwish. Folk Metal? Finntroll or Korpiklaani.

Free food in school.

I dont think I have seen a stopsign in Finland, there are also less traffic lights, I think.

Bus drivers, in general, will help you out. Some goes for the general public.

Either way, the people Ive met in Vantaa are more interesting than the people in my Minnesota town. I guess it's a big city thing (even if Vantaa is really just a conglomeration of small towns. Asola, Korso, Koivukylä, Tikkurila, et cetera)

I haven't been here long enough to really come to any real conclusions. I still enjoy Finland, even if the language gives me a headache to remember the words and pronouncing Ys and Ös differently from Is/Us and Os. Moottoripyörällämme 'on our motorbikes.'

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Nobody is interested of the ISTJ land.

I should have written, the land where people pay the bills at the earliest time, according to an international study.

The land who's inhabitants are closest to cro-magnon, genetically (if you would believe).

So you live in Vantaa, now? Have you used the buses in the last few weeks?

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Omg...boring (not you, the place)

MBTI Type
INxJ
The problem began when you listed ISTJ in the title. Most people find that topic incredibly boring. ISTJs are called the ultimate squares for a reason.

compulsiverambler

Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Santtu, try the other thread about countries' national types. I can't remember its title, but it's quite recent.

The problem began when you listed ISTJ in the title. Most people find that topic incredibly boring. ISTJs are called the ultimate squares for a reason.
I won't argue with 'squares', but I wouldn't call them boring. When they feature in fiction they can be very well loved and the most interesting, most analysed character in the piece. There's Adrian Monk, or Javert from Les Miserables, a firm fan-favourite whom creators of the musical developed from his small part in the novel into a major character with arguably the best songs. ever in the world ever...

Also, in real life, happy, well-adjusted ISTJs can be delightful. I knew one once. ;)

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
I'm quite sure ISTJ is our national type, which is a rare occasion in the world, so I think I'll share with you some tidbits of Finnish life as I've seen it.
-Buses are on time
-Half the people complain there's immigrant bus drivers now, a change to what we had 20 years ago
-if someone drinks some candy & alcohol cocktail mix and dies, the first idea everyone has is how to regulate the damn thing
-if there's a situation that existing rules don't cover, people extrapolate from existing rules and demand a new rule to be created
-people maintain an efficient working schedule day to day, extremely low key, unless if it's an aspect of the work to be seen and noticed
-people are generally assumed not to waste things unnecessarily, not to break the law, and very surprisingly, that works for the most part, even though this is capitalistic and consumerist society
-if the government rips you off, you still pay your taxes, go complain on the interwebs how things should change, eventually noticing that the collective bunch of you won't have enough guts for change
-if someone organizes a loud party, your first thoughts center around the decibels, plus if there was a proper permit applied for the party
-government officials won't take bribes, but they won't take sensible reasoning, either
-the first person to be quoted in almost any news story for an unusual happening, is a government official
-people maintain a stoic character for the most, but loosen up when drunk - more than people in other countries

I'll tell more stories later. Or, better yet, you tell national tales of type land XYZ.

Sounds like heaven.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Yeah, perhaps this could be moved to that country MBTI type thread. I'd like to read from other countries than ISTJ, too.

I'm not sure if I introduced the ISTJ land in too much of a positive light. I mean, I think there's partial merit to some of the items on the list, but I could accept a more free-flowing, joyful & initiative-driven approach for some things. Tho, I agree it's great for people to obey the law as a general rule and all that stuff.

Edit: okay I changed the topic. I think it better displays what I wanted and what's interesting. Thanks Antisocial for the hint. Have always somehow appreciated you, btw, even though you've been at times, uhh.. antisocial :D

Excuse me, I've had a drink or two.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Edit: okay I changed the topic. I think it better displays what I wanted and what's interesting. Thanks Antisocial for the hint. Have always somehow appreciated you, btw, even though you've been at times, uhh.. antisocial :D

Excuse me, I've had a drink or two.

Well, you certainly sound like you had some. :yes:

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
-Buses are on time

Why the lights on the roads are on when it is sunshine? All days long.
Not only in the summer. They were on today, too.

I have seen this spectacle only in Finland. Other people would put a stop to it.
Not the Finns.

Is it because of the stoicism? It is unstoic to complain, so everybody pretends they do not see the lights that should not be there.
Yes, I think it is.
And that is why they refuse to give morphin to the people who are dying of cancer.
Let them suffer. It would only please the dear Lord.
And the sufferer does not ask for painkillers. That would be complaining. Very unstoic.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Countries are not types.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I wanted to make a title that shows entirely in the main page :D Couldn't find anything sensible, so I put what we have now. Countries aren't types, yes.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
Hi Santtu

I wanted to make a title that shows entirely in the main page :D Couldn't find anything sensible, so I put what we have now. Countries aren't types, yes.
Gentlemen reply to posts. ;)

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
Nobody is interested of the ISTJ land.

I should have written, the land where people pay the bills at the earliest time, according to an international study.

The land who's inhabitants are closest to cro-magnon, genetically (if you would believe).

So you live in Vantaa, now? Have you used the buses in the last few weeks?

I use the bus every day to get to school or to Tikkurila to shop. I only use the train to get to Helsinki. The buses arent -exactly- on time, but within 2 minutes of the posted time at the stops.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I asked, 'cos I've been doing a research project for the bus lines. I might have handed you a survey form in some of the buses in Tikkurila or the whereabouts :D