• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Intuitard Moments

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
In my line of work I notice that S's are the main cause for car repairs. N's usually drive accident free with few exceptions (probably hit by S's).

:whistling:

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^ lol what? I don't work in the auto repair industry but in my experience the exact opposite is true.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm not joking, S's seem to make the silliest little accidents. Parking things and stuff. Own a taxi company myself. :p

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I said to someone on here recently that i didn't realise OkCupid was a dating site .. A lot of the tests on here are done via that site.

I wasn't until a day or so later that i saw the forest through the tree's and realised the name of the site .. Okcupid :doh:. Kind of makes sense.

Thank god that doesn't happen to often. I was embarrassed to go back to the thread and make aware my error. :blush:

lol.

ughh i know! someone im'd me as i was doing a quiz asking me if i was up for a good time...ahhh!! i was like wth are you talking about!

off topic a bit...sorry :)

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My INFJ friend always uses poetic language to describe what he's thinking, and I often have to ask him to 'cut the fluff' and to stop getting so damn poetic on me! I don't care about how it seemed like an endless journey to a bottom of the well in which a drop of blood could be the end of time--- cut to the chase and stop using metaphors. Some people just really love to be descriptive like that.

haha...i barely even realize that we do that! how funny!

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^ lol what? I don't work in the auto repair industry but in my experience the exact opposite is true.

i would think so too. i often am totally non present while driving...it's kinda scary. :huh:

Charmed Justice

Nickle Iron Silicone
MBTI Type
INFJ
In my line of work I notice that S's are the main cause for car repairs. N's usually drive accident free with few exceptions (probably hit by S's).

:whistling:

So true. Lots of my S type friends drive like total freaks, and seem to have no regard for the fact that they could kill themselves or someone else. I'm always the one going, "Hey, aren't you gonna put on your seat belt" ? I say this partly in jest, and partly for real because I've had a number of friends die in car accidents. Then again, my mother(ESTJ) has never been in an accident and has only gotten one ticket in 30+ years. I just got my first ticket two days ago for forgetting to change my address on my license.:sadbanana:

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So true. Lots of my S type friends drive like total freaks, and seem to have no regard for the fact that they could kill themselves or someone else. I'm always the one going, "Hey, aren't you gonna put on your seat belt" ? I say this partly in jest, and partly for real because I've had a number of friends die in car accidents. Then again, my mother(ESTJ) has never been in an accident and has only gotten one ticket in 30+ years. I just got my first ticket two days ago for forgetting to change my address on my license.:sadbanana:

I always buckle up, but I do drive like a freak. There was a point in my life where I would pretty much always hit 100MPH anytime I got on the highway. Lanes were more of a suggestion around turns, kinda like racing, you gotta start wide and then cut in close to maintain maximum speed and curbs and medians were there just to slow you down. We do slow down though, but the desire and drive to do it is still there. I fight it every day. It never was about racing or anything, its just fun.

My intuition is tertiary so I would probably have more FeTard moments.

Charmed Justice

Nickle Iron Silicone
MBTI Type
INFJ
I always buckle up, but I do drive like a freak.

We do slow down though, but the desire and drive to do it is still there. I fight it every day. It never was about racing or anything, its just fun.

My intuition is tertiary so I would probably have more FeTard moments.
See, I actually love speeding too, and the rush I get from doing it.:yes:
But when I speed, I do it on long roads, alone. And then I think,"I hope a deer doesn't jump out in front of me". So even when I'm doing it, I'm still considering all the "what ifs".

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
See, I actually love speeding too, and the rush I get from doing it.:yes:
But when I speed, I do it on long roads, alone. And then I think,"I hope a deer doesn't jump out in front of me". So even when I'm doing it, I'm still considering all the "what ifs".

Speeding in traffic is fun, never caused a wreck because of it. The weaving in and out, darting here and there. Its challenging and fun, especially since I got a rear sway bar on my truck and it keeps the back end planted on the ground. Nothing like a 400HP truck that handles more like a car. Se pays so much attention to its surroundings when I hit my brakes I am simultaneously watching the car in front of me and the car behind me to judge how hard to hit my brakes.

My ex-brother-in-law hit a deer, man it really smashed the front of his car. Everyone was ok, but still gotta be scary that split second before you hit it.

DERAIL :) good thing the thread was started by an ESTP, sorry dude :D

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

This is DEFINITELY an SP/SJ thing.

Se users are the ones driving like maniacs just for the thrill.

Si users are perfect drivers because anything less would be unsafe.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
ughh i know! someone im'd me as i was doing a quiz asking me if i was up for a good time...ahhh!! i was like wth are you talking about!

You up for a good time?

Actually this thread is pretty much half intuitard already.

Ok, ready?

This thread is for sensors who are having trouble understanding intuition stuff.

Sensors. Not getting intuition. See?

(Sensotard is about an N who has trouble with things doing with the senses. Intuitard is an S who has trouble with things that need intuition)

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
Speeding in traffic is fun, never caused a wreck because of it. The weaving in and out, darting here and there. Its challenging and fun, especially since I got a rear sway bar on my truck and it keeps the back end planted on the ground. Nothing like a 400HP truck that handles more like a car. Se pays so much attention to its surroundings when I hit my brakes I am simultaneously watching the car in front of me and the car behind me to judge how hard to hit my brakes.

My ex-brother-in-law hit a deer, man it really smashed the front of his car. Everyone was ok, but still gotta be scary that split second before you hit it.

haha yeah, I like hearing about you guys' speeding escapades. :D

Charmed Justice

Nickle Iron Silicone
MBTI Type
INFJ

Speeding in traffic?! You sound like my uncle, who used to be a professional race car driver.:D

I'm kinda a thrill seeker too. Just not in my car with other people around. I feel like if I drive like an ass my friend's deaths were in vain. I waited for a long time to drive because I was scared, and also cause I just knew I wasn't ready for the responsibility.

A lot of my sensor friends don't multitask in the car well either(mainly SFJs). They'll be on their cellphones, or talking or whatever, and next thing you know the car is drifting and then they overcorrect. I'm calling that intuitardation because most intuitives I know drive well multitasking. One thing though, you ISTPs, and actually one ESTP I knew, seem to be able to drive well high or drunk.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
When it comes to driving my F wins out over my S everytime, any thrill I might get from speeding/weaving is outweighed by my concern for the safety of others.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
A lot of my sensor friends don't multitask in the car well either(mainly SFJs). They'll be on their cellphones, or talking or whatever, and next thing you know the car is drifting and then they overcorrect. I'm calling that intuitardation because most intuitives I know drive well multitasking. One thing though, you ISTPs, and actually one ESTP I knew, seem to be able to drive well high or drunk.

I do not multi task when I drive crazy and I dont drive drunk. Its for the thrill, so I dont multi task or I miss the thrill. When I do drink I can actually sense the slowness and respond accordingly.

Charmed Justice

Nickle Iron Silicone
MBTI Type
INFJ
I do not multi task when I drive crazy and I dont drive drunk.
Do you ever extreme multitask(talk/text/eat a four course meal/turn around and tend to the kiddo) and drive? Do you find that you drive just as well?

Good thing about the drunk driving. None of my SP friends drive drunk anymore either; or if they do, I'm not around to witness it. But when we were younger and hella stupid:D, I noticed that the STPs could manage.

When I do drink I can actually sense the slowness and respond accordingly.
This is kinda me too. I can totally feel what's going on with my body when I'm drunk, and can usually control my movements without stumbling or whatnot.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Do you ever extreme multitask(talk/text/eat a four course meal/turn around and tend to the kiddo) and drive? Do you find that you drive just as well?

Good thing about the drunk driving. None of my SP friends drive drunk anymore either; or if they do, I'm not around to witness it. But when we were younger and hella stupid:D, I noticed that the STPs could manage.

This is kinda me too. I can totally feel what's going on with my body when I'm drunk, and can usually control my movements without stumbling or whatnot.

I do multi task, mess with zune, eat, tend to kiddo, reach around all over the car. I do drive extremely well multi tasking because my mind never leaves the road. Driving always comes first, I will slow down on everything else so that it doesnt consume to much time vs driving. When it comes to actions my body can easily multitask. I also only drive crazy when its just me, its not to show off or anything and I am very aware of everyone around me.

I am not and never really was a drinker. I never cared for the way it slowed down my responses and reactions.