• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Could you eat Dolphin?

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Why / Why not?

Could you kill one?

What about apes and dogs?

I'm mostly interested in WHY you would or wouldn't, what factors do you consider?

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yes. If it tastes nice.
No. I hate blood
No. I wouldn't ever eat an ape or dog
No. I hate blood

P

Phantonym

I guess it depends on how hungry I am. I would do what I had to do if the circumstances call for it. Without hesitation. That's life.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I would not kill or eat companion animals, or dolphins or apes. Or whales.
I'm down to just a little piece of chicken a couple of times a week. I wish I didn't eat animals at all. I would be a vegan if I could. (I'm working on it.) I was good with the chicken until my cousin sent me a picture of her pet chicken and described how affectionate and playful it is. *sigh* I don't want to kill and eat things that show evidence of being able to love.

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
Oooh. Yeah, I could never eat a primate of any sort. Way too close to being human.

As for dolphins...well...the little girl inside of my goes "WAHHH" not dolphins! :cry: Then again, I think cows are adorable but as soon as you serve one cooked in a bun or slathered in BBQ sauce I'm all over it, so I can't make any guarantees.

I wouldn't have a problem with eating dog, but I probably couldn't kill one.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
What stops you from eating apes and dogs?
Apes
- Diseases
- Human characteristics (I'd feel like a cannibal)
- Disgusting
- The thought of their taste
- The thought of seeing a huge cooked hand
- The thought of a fully cooked ape

Dogs
- Diseases
- Disgusting
- The thought of a cooked dog on a plate
- The thought of their taste
- The thought of seeing it's freaky wet eyes rolling around the plate

Need I say more?

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
there's no way that i'd voluntarily eat something that has it in it to protect me from sharks. especially, since if it was a self-righteous judger, it'd probably let me die.

unless, of course, it's between him and me. then he'll be on a stick. but, i think a dolphin would understand that.

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
Genetically, cognitively or behaviourally?

The appearance and behavior is enough for me. I don't know much about them, but they act and look far too human for me to feel particularly good about eating one.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Dolphins are actually brutal animals. Gang-raping. The Porpoise Holocaust!

Yeah... I'd take a bite out of Flipper.

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Why / Why not?

Could you kill one?

What about apes and dogs?

I'm mostly interested in WHY you would or wouldn't, what factors do you consider?

If hungry enough, I would eat any of those things.

My hestiation in eating a dolphin or a dog comes with some perception that they would not be healthy to eat. I do not know why I seem to think this, but I do. I suppose knowing of the intelligence of dophins and the role dogs play in human lives also affects that kind of decision. And yet, octopi are incredibly intelligent, but I wouldn't feel bad about eating one of those...hmm...

As for apes, most of the hesitation comes from the fact that their faces are configured very much like humans and their eyes are highly expressive. Because of this, it would feel too much like cannibalism in most normal situations.

Could I kill one of those?

Again, if pressed and in dire need, yes, I definitely could. But I certainly wouldn't want to do so nor could I kill one without a large amount of guilt.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
If I had to survive? I wouldn't have a problem with eating any of those things. Dogs are considered a delicacy in some places, why not? Apes... sure. Dolphins, no reservations. That is, if I had to eat to survive.

If I were just offered those things, I would not want to eat them. I prefer good old chicken, thank you very much.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
^ It is very nice that your very first post in this forum tells us that you would eat these supposedly good natured animals. Your avatar helps shed some light as well.

nomadic

mountain surfing
MBTI Type
enfp
if animals are like humans, does that mean cannibals eat ugly ppl first?

cus most of the animals ppl eat are ugly. like pigs, cows, chickens, fish

cute animals like seals and puppies, usually never get eaten. why? well, bc they are cute and u get feelings easier for prettier things.

so if u are like those ppl in the andes who ate each other, make sure u are good looking. lolz