• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Could you eat Dolphin?

redacted

[youtube=zv8d_ry-u-Q]Louis CK cinema classics[/youtube]

Check out 4:50, he talks about eating dolphins; it's hilarious.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I could eat dolphin. Although admittedly it would not be a preference for me.

But like I said, I do have my preferences. Fish is not one of them. Red deer meat is the best. And I really love live deer as well. I bet I could seriously enjoy horse meat as well. I heard it's similar in taste to red deer meat. But I've never had horse meat yet.

Heck, if it would mean survival, I could even eat human.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
If what was on the plate didn't resemble the animal or person, I would eat it. If I wasn't told what it was I wouldn't hesitate. I am against eating human only for religious reasons.

I would be a vegetarian if not for the anonymity of burgers and steaks and chicken fingers and fish sticks. I shy away from slaughterhouses.

I couldn't kill one because I can't kill anything, but if I was forced to I think I could.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Why / Why not?

I could, but I would prefer not to. I suppose if it had already been killed by someone else, it would be a waste not to eat it. Wasting it is worse than eating it, IMO.
Could you kill one?

No way. I don't like the idea of dolphins being killed, they're intelligent creatures. In fact, I'd probably never kill anything unless I was starving to death and had no other options, and even then I might find it difficult.

What about apes and dogs?

Same as above. I could eat them if they'd been cooked, but I hate the idea of them being killed. I suppose this even applies to humans. To me, if something's already been killed and cooked, it's even worse to waste it than it is to eat it.

Ethically speaking, I think these things shouldn't be killed for food. But that doesn't mean I'm willing to waste them after they've been made into food, because that won't bring them back to life. What's done is done.

O

Oberon

If any carnivore were hungry, I would be neither surprised nor offended if it tried to take a bite of me... so I see no reason not to behave likewise if the roles are reversed.

O

Oberon

I couldn't kill one because I can't kill anything, but if I was forced to I think I could.

I have been a hunter since I was a boy. I will kill for food, but I consider it my duty to the animal and to myself to kill as quickly and as efficiently as possible. I hate suffering.

Charmed Justice

Nickle Iron Silicone
MBTI Type
INFJ
I guess I'd eat anything if my life depended on it.
I'd rather not though.

LEVINA

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
As much as I want to say "No", I don't see how any of the animals are different than the chicken and cows we eat on a regular basis. Actually right now, I'm very curious to taste them just for the sake of curiousity.

Killing one... Hmmm. Well, I'm very faint at the sight of blood and newly dead things.

Now to cannibalism, no. No. Eating dead humans on the other hand, freaks me out.

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
Why / Why not?

Could you kill one?

What about apes and dogs?

I'm mostly interested in WHY you would or wouldn't, what factors do you consider?

wow these are weird questions, but since I never think of such things I'm gonna take the time to answer.

Could I eat a dolphin, sure if I'm hungry and got nothing else.

Could I kill one? I wouldn't want to really, they are not exactly hostile. and watching death is sad.

Apes and dogs, same thing, wouldn't want to kill one, only if I was being attacked. and in the case of my own dog, I would never eat her no matter what, why? because she's my best friend. I cared for her since she was a pup so my feelings would get in the way.

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
I could eat any animal as food if it was prepared properly and respectful to do so (my weirdest thus far was giraffe) and in a desperate survival situation I could probably even eat a dead friend.

I heard it's like beef jerky lol. and DAMN that's brutally honest about eating a friend, yuck... I remember watching an old movie where a plane crashes in some mountains and they eat their dead mates to survive.

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'd eat a dolphin, I wouldn't eat a dog or an ape.

Don't really have a reasoning behind it.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
^ And what the reasoning behind not having a reasoning behind it?

I'm just trying to be smart

Oom

Your time is gonna come.
MBTI Type
IsfP
Enneagram
5w4
The only thing keeping people from eating apes, dogs, or dolphins would have to be empathy. I mean, look at tuna and hot dogs, those two should be in the top 5 disgusting foods at least.

G

Ginkgo

No, I could not eat a dolphin unless the circumstances were dire.

I would never kill a dolphin in normal conditions either.

By the way, the OP made me chuckle. It's pretty random.

EDIT: In fact, I couldn't kill any animal larger than a cockroach, and witnessing animals in a slaughter house is emotionally crippling for me. I don't really know why.

Eating a burger or chicken sandwich is acceptable, but this is just cognitive dissonance.