• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How to Care for Introverts

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
b1dmB.jpg

Accurate list, for me at least, haha.

FallaciaSonata

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Now that's the truth.....if only the rest of my family knew that.

Not to derail your thread, but my goofy teacher said something odd today. Shocker, I know. She mentioned "You can't just label someone Introverted or Extroverted...." and I agree to a certain extent. There are ambiverts out there. But as for me, I'm definitely introverted.....and I know a few annoying people that are without a doubt, extroverted. (Generalization there, I think lots of people are annoying, not just extroverts.)

So....is there a guideline for labeling? Do you have to be..."significantly introverted/extroverted" in order to properly fit the label? Because I scored very high in the Introversion category. (80% ish on several tests, and obviously, I know from experience how much time I spend/need alone.)

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Now that's the truth.....if only the rest of my family knew that.

Not to derail your thread, but my goofy teacher said something odd today. Shocker, I know. She mentioned "You can't just label someone Introverted or Extroverted...." and I agree to a certain extent. There are ambiverts out there. But as for me, I'm definitely introverted.....and I know a few annoying people that are without a doubt, extroverted. (Generalization there, I think lots of people are annoying, not just extroverts.)

So....is there a guideline for labeling? Do you have to be..."significantly introverted/extroverted" in order to properly fit the label? Because I scored very high in the Introversion category. (80% ish on several tests, and obviously, I know from experience how much time I spend/need alone.)

It's okay. I disagree with your teacher in that statement though, but of course there are ambiverts. So there are pretty much three categories: introvert, extrovert, ambivert. I don't believe there is a guideline for labeling. If you're more introverted than extroverted, then you're introverted, same applies for extroversion. If you're equally introverted and extroverted, then you're ambiverted.

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Nice.... Now I have to figure out a subtle way to whip this out for extroverts whenever they're being overbearing. Any suggestions? I was thinking about making it into a T-shirt

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Nice.... Now I have to figure out a subtle way to whip this out for extroverts whenever they're being overbearing. Any suggestions? I was thinking about making it into a T-shirt

They'd never read the whole thing though, they'd get bored after two lines and just stare at our boobs/manly pecs.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
nah some would read the whole thing, besides you're sterotyping both introverts and now extroverts. Most of those things on the list is true except the 15 minute warning before dinner for me.

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hm. Yeah, a T-shirt wouldn't work out. Unless we put really bright, colorful pictures next to each line signifying their meaning? That doesn't solve the staring at our boobs/manly pecs problems, though.

Or we should make a really cheesy informational video, post it on YouTube and play it on people's iPhones. .... Too far? :huh:

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Don't care usually works too. Gives the introvert the space he/she needs and everything will work out. :whistling:

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Don't care usually works too. Gives the introvert the space he/she needs and everything will work out. :whistling:

Hahah, you're right, what was I thinking? This always produces the desired effect :laugh:

rainoneventide

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
That is a very good list. :yes:
Basically, let us do our thing while you do yours.

slant

MBTI Type
TOTO
All of that adults in my family are introverts. The only extrovert is my sister. She needs to follow this advice, because her advice rubs me the wrong way.