• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Where can you find the Alphas?

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Not dominant males, I'm referring to the Socionics Quadras.

(see: Quadras 1 or Quadras 2 for descriptions)

May as well discuss the other quadras too of course. I know the Betas would be the easiest to spot out being the more socially orientated type.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Too bad, I wanted me a good strong man to help out with the farm

You sure you can't accept an evil strong man?

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
Alphas
--------
ILE - Intuitive Logical Extrovert - Ne Ti - ENTp
SEI - Sensing Ethical Introvert - Si Fe - ISFj
ESE - Ethical Sensing Extrovert - Fe Si - ESFj
LII - Logical Intuitive Introvert - Ti Ne - INTp

It's actually interesting reading. I'd never though to group NTPs and SFJs before.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Alphas
--------
ILE - Intuitive Logical Extrovert - Ne Ti - ENTP
SEI - Sensing Ethical Introvert - Si Fe - ISFJ
ESE - Ethical Sensing Extrovert - Fe Si - ESFJ
LII - Logical Intuitive Introvert - Ti Ne - INTP

It's actually interesting reading. I'd never though to group NTPs and SFJs before.

I'm not sure how it works, but it seems that they all have the same sort of attitude. Though I've never seen an ISFJ or an INTP act like the description... or maybe not, I've known an ISFJ to just sit about and quote as much crap from TV as he could possible in order to entertain his guests, I'd swear he must spend hours memorizing them before parties or something. Socionics ISFp is a little different though... eg. BlackCat :D

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
hehe, yeh, I'm not sure exactly how it aligns to MBTi. I come out as the same type, but I know some other types seem not to.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've noticed some conversations in chemistry laboratories to be extremely alpha like, Half the class was covered with XNTP juice, some people would talk about hypercubes and suddenly the conversation went mad, silly and childish. I'm not sure if there were any SFJs there, there might have been one, but she could have been an ENFP :thinking:

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
You sure you can't accept an evil strong man?
We have a deal,

as long as he doesn't mess up the rest of the slave labor's productivity too much.

Alphas
--------

ooh!!
I'm an alpha!

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
In general, I think he would, he has a habit of igniting rebellion. But he doesn't participate in it, so you'll never know about it.

Forget about that, He is perfect, he goes by the name of entropie, you can put him down and take him away whenever you please. :bye:

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
I've noticed some conversations in chemistry laboratories to be extremely alpha like, Half the class was covered with XNTP juice, some people would talk about hypercubes and suddenly the conversation went mad, silly and childish. I'm not sure if there were any SFJs there, there might have been one, but she could have been an ENFP :thinking:

Hmmm, could be either in chemistry. I remember in Engineering I used to go from solving lab stuff and helping others understand it to making circuits look like smiley faces in a very short time. And once I went off track, more silliness normally followed. Also making graphs and stuff amusingly look like other things. If they were discussing hypercubes at the start there is a chance they were ENFPs. Though I used to have a close SFJ friend and either of us could devolve things into silliness.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hmmm, could be either in chemistry. I remember in Engineering I used to go from solving lab stuff and helping others understand it to making circuits look like smiley faces in a very short time. And once I went off track, more silliness normally followed. Also making graphs and stuff amusingly look like other things. If they were discussing hypercubes at the start there is a chance they were ENFPs. Though I used to have a close SFJ friend and either of us could devolve things into silliness.

I can definitely see ENFPs fitting into this alpha category, I'm not so sure that it holds true. hmmm, which category were they supposed to be in...

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If you wanna spot someone in your quadra, it's more of a feeling. I met a girl who is probably INTJ in MBTI, but I knew right off the bat that she was in gamma quadra and ILI because we have a similar attitude, and we're basically very similar in good ways but different in good ways. Since she's ILI that makes her my activation partner. :D

It's just something you have to train yourself to do. The way I did it was by interacting with people and knowing that they were in a certain quadra, and noticing the similarities in vibe and their attitude etc.

ENFP is in Delta.

As for Gamma, it's the NTJs, and ESFPs and ISFJs if you're talking MBTI (usually translates this way).

Alpha's SEI doesn't translate to ISFJ very well in my experience, a lot of ISFJs that I know are Gamma (and a lot like me, since they're my identical). Every ISFP I've interacted with has been an SEI.

For some reason it seems more common for sensors to not change around their letters when translating, but nothing is definite translation wise, and you need to remember that.

Now, if Costrin would finish the article on socionics he's supposed to be writing... we could clear all of this up. Be on the look out for our "Socionics for dummies" thread in the near future. :D

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If you wanna spot someone in your quadra, it's more of a feeling. I met a girl who is probably INTJ in MBTI, but I knew right off the bat that she was in gamma quadra and ILI because we have a similar attitude, and we're basically very similar in good ways but different in good ways. Since she's ILI that makes her my activation partner. :D

It's just something you have to train yourself to do. The way I did it was by interacting with people and knowing that they were in a certain quadra, and noticing the similarities in vibe and their attitude etc.

ENFP is in Delta.

As for Gamma, it's the NTJs, and ESFPs and ISFJs if you're talking MBTI (usually translates this way).

Alpha's SEI doesn't translate to ISFJ very well in my experience, a lot of ISFJs that I know are Gamma (and a lot like me, since they're my identical). Every ISFP I've interacted with has been an SEI.

For some reason it seems more common for sensors to not change around their letters when translating, but nothing is definite translation wise, and you need to remember that.

Now, if Costrin would finish the article on socionics he's supposed to be writing... we could clear all of this up. Be on the look out for our "Socionics for dummies" thread in the near future. :D

Yeah, I know an INTJ that is exactly like this, he's the only guy I can talk to in physics and maths in a casual kind of way, full of jokes and hilariously outrageous ideas full of wit. I could talk the same with some other people, but it's generally far more serious and... well, boring, and I'm forced into controlling myself (although, it's different when I can manage to dominate a conversation). I'll certainly check out this article :D

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
King, does this describe your relationship with said INTJ very well? Mirror - Wikisocion

If so, he's an Alpha.

I'd say the main part of identifying quadra is realizing how the function in socionics manifest themselves in people. Like, for example, what having Se and Ti valued in someone do for them, versus Se and Ti disvalued. But to get started I'd say get well read up on the relationships in socionics, and identify people by using the rough MBTI idea you have (like, an INTJ is either ILI or LII, and those two people are in opposing quadras, so even then it should be obvious) and by using the relationships. From there you can think about "so, this person is in this quadra". From there you can see the similarities in people and such.

Personally I see how they effect me as a person to verify quadra. But since you disvalue Fi, my main way of doing things probably would be difficult for you. I'd say use that magic Ne to connect people to type and relationship in your head, and then using Fe determine how they effect the emotional atmosphere around you, or your basic surface mood. This should be easy, since as an ILE your hidden agenda/activation function is Fe, so it should be strong within you if you're just using it for purely hidden and personal use.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
In general, I think he would, he has a habit of igniting rebellion. But he doesn't participate in it, so you'll never know about it.

Forget about that, He is perfect, he goes by the name of entropie, you can put him down and take him away whenever you please. :bye:

Eck is like the perfect slave master one can wish for. Sometimes at nights, when the full moon is up he comes after work into the barn and lies himself next to me. He says he likes it when the moonlight is reflected by the drieing sweat on my brawny body and after those special nights, he uses to make me those little gifts which are just kind and so thoughtful :D

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
King, does this describe your relationship with said INTJ very well? Mirror - Wikisocion

If so, he's an Alpha.

I'd say the main part of identifying quadra is realizing how the function in socionics manifest themselves in people. Like, for example, what having Se and Ti valued in someone do for them, versus Se and Ti disvalued. But to get started I'd say get well read up on the relationships in socionics, and identify people by using the rough MBTI idea you have (like, an INTJ is either ILI or LII, and those two people are in opposing quadras, so even then it should be obvious) and by using the relationships. From there you can think about "so, this person is in this quadra". From there you can see the similarities in people and such.

Personally I see how they effect me as a person to verify quadra. But since you disvalue Fi, my main way of doing things probably would be difficult for you. I'd say use that magic Ne to connect people to type and relationship in your head, and then using Fe determine how they effect the emotional atmosphere around you, or your basic surface mood. This should be easy, since as an ILE your hidden agenda/activation function is Fe, so it should be strong within you if you're just using it for purely hidden and personal use.

Yup, that's exactly right. I know an INTP that is definitely not like this, he's probably more of an ILI, and the contrary relationships seem to hold (at first glance). It's far easier to determine socionics types than MBTI.

Eck is like the perfect slave master one can wish for. Sometimes at nights, when the full moon is up he comes after work into the barn and lies himself next to me. He says he likes it when the moonlight is reflected by the drieing sweat on my brawny body and after those special nights, he uses to make me those little gifts which are just kind and so thoughtful :D

:rofl1: I guess I will never be taught to be a clever young paddawan (or whatever it was) now that you have found a nice slave master. I'll deal with the finances :whistling:

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Alphas
--------

Actually after reading the link. I would say that does make sense. I thoroughly enjoy challanging views and it is NT's that don't take me to serious so the ideas bounce back and forth. You also don't have to get competitive with me and have to come to some sort of conclusion. I am open minded enough to see other perspectives and not looking for resolutions.
It is seen for exactly what it is. Just ideas and nothing more. :D

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Actually after reading the link. I would say that does make sense. I thoroughly enjoy challanging views and it is NT's that don't take me to serious so the ideas bounce back and forth. You also don't have to get competitive with me and have to come to some sort of conclusion. I am open minded enough to see other perspectives and not looking for resolutions.
It is seen for exactly what it is. Just ideas and nothing more. :D

You you want to join Eck and me in the barn at nights ? :wubbie:

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Yes ! And someone say again ESFJs dont got the spirit ! :D