• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Do you not get lost in conversations ?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I had that thing recently about people saying they got lost in a convo. A conversation like in a chat or with people.

I am sure I get lost too in convos and I dont know what is the overall topic going on, but I am never lost in a conversation.

Meaning: I never had the feeling of being lost in a conversation, even when conversing with experts on a topic I got no clue about.

Does someone experience that too ?

Is it a higher evolved state of genius or just the most advanced level of pure brutal assertiveness ? :D

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
Sometimes I'm not sure what's going on in a conversation because I've been spacing out.

Good for you though lol :D

P

Phantonym

Does someone experience that too?

No. I couldn't find my way in a conversation if I had a map :D I think that's actually very cool. Good for you :)

Is it a higher evolved state of genius or just the most advanced level of pure brutal assertiveness ? :D

:rofl1: entropie, do you want us to build you a shrine? :worthy:

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Sometimes when I'm talking to someone I'll just start to trail o...

*blank*

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Ya lol, it's maybe a some what not so exhilarating topic, but I think its important for my personal development. And with that it may become in handy for other Extroverts too.

I have spoken to 3 guys at once today, who are all from utterly different planets. And I kept up the conversation with everyone. But and that I notice often, the convo never gets in depth. And I am sure I am missing crucial points that could enlighten myself about some matters.

So maybe this thread isnt as important regarding us all, but I think regarding myself I have learnt something today.

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
yeah...i seem to use a body language that makes everyone focus on my more than anyone else when they are talking to me as a part of a group...or maybe thats cuz i just seem dumb to them

i dont remember that last time i got lost in a conversation...earned me a compliment from my boss today..."you are pretty quick"

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Well, I don't get lost in conversations either, and if I miss even a bit, I usually ask for clarification. But, I've talked as a (/main part of ) my profession for something like 8 years now.

Sometimes I drop the "compatibility mode" of talking and go to performance mode. Talk faster, or usually just deeper, introduce concepts less, expect more of the listener etc. That's when people usually drop out of my conversations with someone.

Hell, I'd like to talk in performance mode only.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If I am actually listening (as I may tend to drift if it's boring to me), then I can follow most any conversation.

I know this older INFP woman who most people cannot understand. I think she is completely incapable of speaking coherently and linearly and she makes huge leaps in thoughts that require you to connect the dots. I have to listen hard and carefully, but I can actually make sense of her.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
I know Ne doms tend to do it. And the only ENTJ I know really well seems very quick on the pick up.

I follow 3 or 4 convos at once, and drive people nuts by discussing 5 different topics simultaneously on messenger. Can also follow ENTPs when they are on technical rants and talking insanely fast.

Katsuni

Priestess Of Syrinx
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4?
My mind wanders, and doesn't handle speech very well. Written text is so useful to me because I can look back at whot I was saying literally 10 seconds ago, and retrace the line of reasoning I was going down again. I can loose track of my own line of thought while I'm speaking... and without a written backlog of whot I'd just said, I won't easily be able to recover, if at all.

If I'm LISTENING to conversation, it's usually alright, until I start thinking too deeply on a subject, then I tend to just tune everyone out and get lost in thought to myself, in which case there's no real paying attention to whot's being said anymore.

So yeah, I can loose myself in my own words, and loose other people in my thoughts.

The only reason yeu would be able to avoid this fate, is either A: yeu have an exceedingly adept mind at multitasking, or B: yeu don't think while talking period.

D_Marx

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I sometimes wander, but most of the time I'm the one confusing people. I'll start on one subject, pause and think to myself, and start another topic and kind of expect for people to make the same connection between the Hot Dog stand and the graphics in The Matrix. . .

dani_elle

MBTI Type
ENFP
I sometimes wander, but most of the time I'm the one confusing people. I'll start on one subject, pause and think to myself, and start another topic and kind of expect for people to make the same connection between the Hot Dog stand and the graphics in The Matrix. . .

HAHA! I can relate to this as well. My mind is perpetually on crack and I can link up the most random things. I think all my friends have gone HUH? at least at one point of time. (if they haven't they must have been trying to be polite.)

Following a conversation? Sure. Just takes a lil bit of listening in. (provided my mind isn't wandering through Lala Land.) If its really boring, I do tend to drift. However, I have acquired a sort of habit which makes me appear to be ALWAYS listening. I can't explain it, it just involves interjecting and nodding at the right places.