• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What you've learned of the job satisfaction survey*

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
I learned that in general you posted the threads in order of most sucky to least sucky jobs.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
I think I would be okay in most jobs and fields for a day, but a lot less would suit me long term.

metaphours

cast shadows
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I learned that the job satisfaction survey, part 1 is the most depressing questionnaire I've had to fill out in my life; and that all 5 surveys were quite pointless.

attetude

MBTI Type
xxxx
I learned that I don't like to work. Though I kinda knew that already.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I've learnt that my attention span really is that bad, I commented on the first two, read the third and had totally lost interest by the last one :blush:

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
ETA: Shit there were 5?

Kay, add shitty Se to what I learnt.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
I learned that I'm extremely thankful I'm self-employed.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Here were my average ratings for each of the jobs in each part:

Part I (simple jobs) - 6.0
Part II (skilled jobs) - 5.56
Part III (associate professionals) - 5.69
Part IV (experts) - 5.94
Part V (managers) - 6.0

I also learned what I already knew - that I like technical jobs that are not too hard. I also do not like stressful jobs at all, and I prefer to work alone.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I realized I like feedback from my job, I can benefit from co-workers, and I'll be bored alone. Also, I should make more use of my tolerance (even ability) for extraverted jobs. More, technical detail without human element requires too much left brain from me, it isn't good. Instead, I like a mix of creative / human element and technical / analytical element for greatest comfort.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I learned that i still like taking any kind of test and that i should possibly go into management.
;)

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
I also learned what I already knew - that I like technical jobs that are not too hard. I also do not like stressful jobs at all, and I prefer to work alone.

This. Also that I enjoy "doing" jobs, and *not* management or bureaucratic ones. Not much of a surprise :rolleyes:.

P

Phantonym

I confirmed my previous understanding that I'd be OK doing any kind of job if I had to, regardless of how simple it was, as long as I can find a meaning and joy in it for the most part. And I also got a confirmation that I'd rather not work at all if I had any choice in it :)

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
My girlfriend is in pains to find a job quickly right now. Sad she hates the lowest level of jobs just as much as anyone in here.. it's a tough impairment not being able to enter jobs that are actually available :( Ok, she's ready to take some of those jobs. That's still something. If she had more time, she could choose carefully.. but that's not so.

How could people learn to tolerate things they hate?

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
My girlfriend is in pains to find a job quickly right now. Sad she hates the lowest level of jobs just as much as anyone in here.. it's a tough impairment not being able to enter jobs that are actually available :( Ok, she's ready to take some of those jobs. That's still something. If she had more time, she could choose carefully.. but that's not so.

How could people learn to tolerate things they hate?

I was promoted at work. I hated my new job. I just told myself in the October, give it to December. Come December, i told myself, give it to February. Come February i told myself give it to April. April came and i had forgotten about it and just got on with the job.
My job was tedious and repetitive but it was the people i worked with that made it more bearable. Oh and how we laughed so hard some days (esp when i would bring in donuts and we would be bouncing from the sugar rush at 9am, happy days) :)