• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What is the most important personality attribute to have?

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Thanks for the responses so far, it seems (as I expected) that there is no agreement on one particular attribute. Rather everyone has their own different opinion on the most important attribute.

Confidence in your ability to perform in different areas of your in your life. It is usually easier for a confident person to develop other positive traits.

Ooh, good point.

S

Sniffles

I think this thread maybe confusing issues of personality with issues of character.

Tyrant

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Maybe I am confusing them. What's the difference?
Being interesting wouldn't be a character trait because one's definition of interesting is subjective, whereas honesty would be a character trait.

Katsuni

Priestess Of Syrinx
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4?
Empathy. The ability to put yeurself in someone else's shoes and understand the direction they're comming from. Be it used for personal benefit, malicious intent, or to help others, it's the single most useful tool in anyone's arsenal.

As soon as yeu understand how they think and feel, yeu can use it to help them, or use it against them.

tibby

MBTI Type
fool
Hm. Dare to be honest to oneself. Maybe it's the root of balance. Not covering shit up from one's own eyes and creating all kinds of self-deceptive illusions to furthermore keep images up. Rather have the truth and learn. Only from there can growth even begin to take place which is pretty useful in all the sense? there are no boundaries or ends to one's development, I think it's pretty important to want to.

But I find it intriguing too. I mean we're supposed to be the ones that are supposed to know ourselves the best here yet we also have these biggest blindspots and these illusions that serve whatever purposes from penatrating the "core" level of our psyche or smt and yeah.

dotdalidot

MBTI Type
UFO
I think the one thing everyone should have is the ability to understand.

Understanding and empathy coupled in one.

Then world peace will emerge. Seriously.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i think it's the ability to care....care about what you're doing...how you're doing it and how you treat people in the process...you just can't do anything right if you don't care.

T

ThatGirl

The most important personality traits in my opinion are:

Appropriate confidence
Integrity
Sense of humor

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
The most important personality traits in my opinion are:

Appropriate confidence
Integrity
Sense of humor

That's a good list of important traits, maybe the most significant so far. But others have also come up with some pretty good ones.