• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How would you feel after a day in these jobs? Part IV, experts

Gewitter27

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Preventing, diagnosing and treating work-related illness and writing medical certificates
I'd probably like this for a while. How long, I'm not sure.
Teaching natural sciences in a private school and developing the best practices in education
I'd love it, if nobody tried to talk to me after class.
Developing ICT systems in the organization and participating in the creation of strategy
Hmm... Maybe....
Planning for marketing campaigns and applying marketing research to the marketing strategy
Marketing isn't my field. My ads would appeal only to ITs.
Evaluating and developing the company image, writing press releases and organizing press conferences
Sheesh... Find an Extravert, don't call on me.
Developing the use of land in a city, evaluating building projects and granting construction permits
My god... I'm obsessed with making maps, but the granting of permits is out of my line of work.
Researching the history and methods of acting and writing a textbook for drama students
Hmm... I might like this!
Programming the game AI of a first person shooter and coordinating with the game testers
I'd probably like this quite a bit!

Katsuni

Priestess Of Syrinx
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4?
Preventing, diagnosing and treating work-related illness and writing medical certificates
Yay more sick people. And dealing with people who are making crap up. All yeu can do is test whot yeu know, but yeu're reliant on them admitting the truth. If they say "yes that hurt" ...yeu're stuck believing them. I don't have the ability to tell whether they're lying or not. Nor would I want to put up with this anyway.

Teaching natural sciences in a private school and developing the best practices in education
Would be great! Except... kids don't want to learn for the most part, and there's strict rules of whot yeu have to teach and such... if I were doing it for one single day? LIkely substitute teacher so wouldn't truly have any clue whot the 'real' teacher wanted me to cover while they were gone. I'd have to research it and it wouldn't work -_-;

Developing ICT systems in the organization and participating in the creation of strategy
I work on the tactical level, not the strategic. Would not do well here.

Planning for marketing campaigns and applying marketing research to the marketing strategy
Yay more planning. Meh. And marketing? SEriously, the marketing devision? Everyone knows they're second only in evil to human resources. I'm evil, but I'm not THAT evil.

Evaluating and developing the company image, writing press releases and organizing press conferences
Seriously,t he LAST thing yeu want is me writing press releases. Unless yeu want to piss off ALOT of people...

Developing the use of land in a city, evaluating building projects and granting construction permits
May be interesting short term, but once again requires heavy planning. Bad position to put me in again.

Researching the history and methods of acting and writing a textbook for drama students
Yay! I could do it, and would enjoy it, but it'd end up very rantish and hard to follow, so wouldn't be practically useful.

Programming the game AI of a first person shooter and coordinating with the game testers
DREAM JOB. Seriously, AI design is my end goal in life. I'm not joking. Test, rewrite, retest, etc, it's a string of interesting challanages to overcome. FPS games for AI are kind of bland though, it's the RTS games where it's really interesting. FPS would be a good starting ground though. Would love doing this to death. It'd have it's slow parts, but it'd be quite enjoyable.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yes to the prevention/diagnosis and treatment. No to the writing medical certificates. Sounds like boring paperwork.

I used to do this but in a public school setting. I enjoyed helping students but the grading and long hours of course prepping burned me out.

Not sure what this entails. What's an ICT system?

Marketing research would be interesting but not the campaigning part. I don't like the whole sales aspect.

Yes to evaluating/developing the company image. No to writing press releases and organizing press conferences.

No to granting permits, yes to the rest

Sounds interesting

I don't like shooter games but I think I would like programming in another capacity

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It sounds good on paper, but I don't think I understand much about all it would really entail. Tentative yes.

The development aspect and the teaching to a group would overwhelm and burn me out. I'd rather be a tutor.

I'm obviously unqualified because I don't know what this is.

I'd give it a chance.

Yes to evaluating/developing the company image. No to writing press releases and organizing press conferences.

I'd be responsible for a lot of lives and no such thing as agreement. The subject matter is dry to me, too. No, I'd rather be able to sleep when I go home.

The amount of research sounds overwhelming, but I could swing it. The subject is very interesting.

I have no interest in programming. I'd rather work on the design-oriented parts of the game.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Too potentially gory.

Not my subject. If it were teaching English, psychology, or art, then yes.

Tedious.

Could possibly be enjoyable.

Also could possibly be interesting.

Yuck. Tedious.

Potentially interesting.

TEDIOUS.

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
8 hour day.

0/10, I really don't want to be around ill people.

0/10, being back in school around a bunch of adolescents would hardcore trigger my PTSD.

5/10, seems okay for a day but nothing very interesting.

9/10 as long as I don't have to present my findings. This is basically what I went to school for.

First two things are 9/10 if I like the company and 5/10 otherwise; the last point is 0/10.

5/10, seems about average.

10/10, sounds fun for a day. I don't know if that subject captivates me enough to keep going afterward, though.

Around 7/10 if I were qualified.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
8 hour day.

Depends on how physical it is if I couldn't be out moving around. I'd be tired.

Creative. The natural sciences fascinate me

Hyper.

Obsessive.

Obsessive.

Likely pretty pissed off.

Creative and obsessive, likely would work 12-16 hours daily unless there was actual physical research and interviews to conduct then likely I would work over time and finish ahead of schedule and just revise till published

Programming would drain me coordinate with testers would energize so probably pretty tired.