• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How would you feel after a day in these jobs? Part III, associate professionals

Aerithria

Senior Thread Terminator
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Measuring, editing and visualizing geographical data as a Surveying Technician
Dull.

Design, maintain and supervising the installation of telecommunications systems
Design, perhaps, but not the rest of it.

Estimate the amount of timber in a forest, plan for logging with the foresters and participate in reforestation.
I'm allergic to 90% of what's found outdoors, so no.

Composing songs for your band, arranging gigs to bars and nightclubs and playing an instrument
Composing, perhaps, but I could only do the piano parts, as I'm quite inept at anything else. Unless our band happens to have a trumpet. No to the rest of it.

Teaching theory in a driving school, giving driving lessons and administrating driving tests for them
Haha, yeah right. As if the bus crash wasn't enough.

Designing statistical data collection, analysis, interpretation and publishing the results
Could be interesting. Might be a little too detailed for me to do well though.

Helping people maintain, restore and develop their movement and functional ability as a physiotherapist
Not something I'd particularly enjoy doing.

Evaluating and planning for filming locations and timetables, overseeing set construction, and hiring extras
I could probably do the work, but I doubt I'd like doing the work.

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Fatigued, would enjoy this because I would be outside, mentally stimulated. Might get bored with the details involved in making measurements.

Tired, mentally stimulated, probably a little frustrated too because software never installs "without a hitch".

Estimate the amount of timber in a forest, plan for logging with the foresters and participate in reforestation.
I'd be working outside and what's more, working with planting trees. I'd probably enjoy this somewhat, though I could end up feeling awful at the end of the day because my job would involve killing the very trees I so dearly love.

Composing songs for your band, arranging gigs to bars and nightclubs and playing an instrument
Well, since I'm not good at music, this would be very stressful!! That and I'm not much of a performer.

Teaching theory in a driving school, giving driving lessons and administrating driving tests for them
Frustrated (not too many people pay attention in driving school), really stressed out from the likely close calls, somewhat pleased that I might be helping the next generation learn how to drive properly.

Designing statistical data collection, analysis, interpretation and publishing the results
Fine, mentally stimulated, maybe a little bored with the details.

Helping people maintain, restore and develop their movement and functional ability as a physiotherapist
Exhausted, stressed, low on patience.

Evaluating and planning for filming locations and timetables, overseeing set construction, and hiring extras
This is probably a bit stressful and very busy, but I think it'd be interesting as it would be a different thing every day.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Neat, but kind of repetitious. Ready to go home.

Having fun until we reached the 'troubleshooting' phase. Overall, mentally drained.

All in 8 hours? Exhausted! :D Actually, this sounds challenging and fun on a few levels. A bit stressful too.

Jazzed beyond belief.

Very mentally exerted. I'd have fun with it, but would be glad to go home.

Pretty cool, although the constant touching of people may be stressful for me.

Evaluating and planning for filming locations and timetables, overseeing set construction, and hiring extras[/QUOTE]
Really excited to meet this challenge!

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Sounds dull to me. I think I'd feel like I was drowning in data.

Dull again. Too technical for me. I'd feel constricted by it.

YAWN.

Sounds pretty cool. I'm not sure if I'd be good at booking gigs, but the rest sounds like fun. I think I would feel pretty pumped and excited.

Oh no....I'd be so impatient with new drivers. Very tiring to be driving around all day and talking with strangers.

It depends on the content of the data. Writing analysis could be interesting. Dealing with a lot of data can be overwhelming though.

I don't like to touch people I don't know. Too much interaction...

This sounds pretty interesting. There's a visionary aspect to this I would enjoy. I think I would get a sense of satisfaction from this.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I would like this, I would have a variety of work to do.

I could definitely do this, but I'd go crazy after a while.

I could do this, but it's not something I would consider doing in actuality.

I'm no good with music, so no.

I think I'd enjoy doing this.

Uh... How do you design data collection?

If what I think this is is what it is then I'd maybe enjoy doing this, but I might go crazy and get bored after a little while.

I just don't like physical therapy jobs, they aren't my thing.

I'd really enjoy this.

attetude

MBTI Type
xxxx
I like maps. But building them would be too boring.

No.

No.

This I would like.

This I would like, except the fear of dying.

Sleep.

On some level fun, later I would lose any interest in this as all the movement retards are the same.

Nothing too hard do, but I would like this.

B

beyondaurora

Sure, I could do this for one day. I like working with raw data to reveal a bigger picture. But the actual subject would get boring to me.

Ugh. I'd get anxious just figuring out where to start. I'd rather be the installer.

Not interesting to me at all. I couldn't do it. It means nothing to me.

I just dropped out of a reggae band for a reason. I don't like playing in front of people, and I really don't like the bar atmosphere. I would like composing the songs though...I could do that for a full 8 hours and then some!

I don't know about teaching 'theory' in driving school, but I could certainly teach them the rules. Driving lessons would be stressful because I don't like teaching people things, and I would be freaked out that they would kill us. Administering driving tests would be okay because there is a set list of items for them to be critiqued on.

Yeah, I could do that for a day but no more unless the subject of the data was very interesting.

I don't have the patience nor could I deal with having to 'be fake' all day. I would want to retreat into my cave after a day of this. It isn't that I don't care about these people - I do - I just can't maintain the forced small talk and stock phrases of encouragement as part of my day.

This would stress me out. There's a lot to keep track of, and doing anything on time would be a miracle for me. Why can't I do the casting!? That would be fun.

Gewitter27

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
That wouldn't be too bad. I might like it!
I might actually like this!
Eehh.... I'm unsure...
Although I love music and appreciate it greatly, the best I can do is make little midi tracks that don't even sound nice. And the gigs? I don't have the E necessary to do such a thing.
I'd suck as a Driver's Ed teacher.
Hooray! Now we're entering the 'cool' field. Just mention genetics!
Blarg... Another job for EFs... No thanks.
Eeeh... I'd probably not like it.

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
Measuring, editing and visualizing geographical data as a Surveying Technician yay a little sight seeing on the job.

Design, maintain and supervising the installation of telecommunications systems pretty boring, but at least I'm the supervisor.

Estimate the amount of timber in a forest, plan for logging with the foresters and participate in reforestation. this sounds promising, I like nature.

Composing songs for your band, arranging gigs to bars and nightclubs and playing an instrument I would enjoy composing and would only perform if I'm the shady bass guitarist in the background smoking weed while playing.

Teaching theory in a driving school, giving driving lessons and administrating driving tests for them Only if it's a driving school for racing.

Designing statistical data collection, analysis, interpretation and publishing the results Depends what I am studying in particular.

Helping people maintain, restore and develop their movement and functional ability as a physiotherapist no thanks.

Evaluating and planning for filming locations and timetables, overseeing set construction, and hiring extras nah, but hiring extras might be interesting, you'd probably meet a lot of hot chicks.

Katsuni

Priestess Of Syrinx
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4?
Dull, could do it but wouldn't enjoy it.

Yay a bunch of boring mundane crap. I'd work the 8 hours and then quit the job.

Whot a horrible waste of my abilities. That and I have very little ability for whot's required here. Wouldn't do a very good job, would be annoyed at how frustrating it was, and moreso that I didn't do a good job. Would probably brood after over how many reasons there were for why I didn't do well and why I hated it.

Organization is not my strong point. I'd manage to book us in a gay bar by accident since I wouldn't care and get evicted from the band XD

I'm not aware enough to keep track of all that's going on. I can barely tollerate driving on my own, let alone keeping track of someone ELSE.

Designing it? Eh... such detail oriented. I'd come up with a basic framework and give the rest to someone else. I wouldn't be able to tollerate this for any length of time. Not sure if I wouldn't get bored as hell in the 8 hours and just end up playing with the screen saver on the computer.

Yay more working with sick people. I dunno but almost all of these are having similar skillsets used... I don't think I could tollerate this any more than the others.

Once again, "evaluating and planning" seems to be the only role in any of these. I don't DO the planning thing.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think I would enjoy this. I like geography and maps.

No, I have zero mechanical ability.

I wouldn't mind this

I would enjoy it if I was more musically skilled

No thanks. I don't have infinite patience or nerves of steel. I couldn't handle all the difficult teenagers.

I would like this. I'm kind of a statistics buff. Plus I can work alone in peace.

Tolerable, would probably prefer other work though

Sounds interesting

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Stimulating, always making progress. Sounds like a good bet!

Stressful. Don't have the training.

Depending on the treatment of the forest, I could enjoy this.

I don't have the skill, but if I did, I would enjoy this.

It would take bravery. Lots. I don't know about this at all without trying for real.

Even if I had the degree, this would be much too dry to do long term.

It sounds positive. I could get into it.

:D:D:D:D:D

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sounds vaguely interesting, but that it would potentially become boring and tedious, especially if I were working alone.

Ugh. Not enjoyable.

I would not enjoy this.

Honestly, I'm not sure. It would have the potential to be great, but I might burnout quickly.

Absolutely not.

I would likely enjoy this very much if it were about a subject I am interested in.

I would probably enjoy this, but I think it would likely exhaust me because it would involve so much interaction with others.

This just sounds tedious.

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
An 8 hour day.

8/10. This actually looks quite fun. I am interested in geography, especially local geography.

5/10, seems acceptable (except for supervising) but not particularly interesting to me.

2/10 because it's too much outdoors work, but it's better than actually talking to people.

9/10, if I were any good with music, I'd definitely try this out for 8 hours. I don't know if I'd continue after the game, though.

0/10, being around a bunch of mainly 15-16 year olds sounds like a living hell.

Could be 7/10-10/10 depending on the subject. I enjoyed projects like this in school.

0/10, I don't like helping people one-on-one for health reasons.

0/10, sounds stressful

The Cat

Just a Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads
Staff member
An 8 hour day.

Creative.

Tired.

Creative.

Composing songs for your band, arranging gigs to bars and nightclubs and playing an instrument.
I'd never not be working. Apart from sleeping and sex.

Stressed out and moody.

Actively working on becoming a superviallain instead

Drained.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
[THANKS FOR THESE QUESTIONNAIRES, BY THE WAY---They are really helping me narrow down my career goals. :)
Wow I never got this on a first read :laugh: But they were intended as helpful and I'm glad they helped a guy in 2009 :D Reading the responses has helped me!

Burning Paradigm

Vibe Curator & Night Owl
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I love geography, so yes!

I'm good.

Nope.

Fun if I had the skill-set for it.

Boring, but I'm influenced by my own driving school experiences.

Cool.

I'm good at helping and working with people, so I might grow into this. I feel like I'd get bored/dissatisfied quickly.

Cool minus the timetables.