• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How would you feel after a day in these jobs? Part I, simple jobs

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
I'd feel like shit after practically all of those jobs. Maybe filling candy machines would be tolerable.

Katsuni

Priestess Of Syrinx
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4?
Driving a city bus
It'd be alright, but with no interaction it gets boring fast.
Interviewing on the telephone
Actually not hard to do at all; each individual case is quite interesting, I actually did do phone tech support for awhile and it was rather enjoyable due to the fact that every case is different. With strong people skills, yeu can win over even the most irate of customers so the stress isn't too bad either.
Cleaning an office building
I don't think I could handle this for 8 hours.
Keeping inventory of a storage hall
"Why is there a crater?" "Uhm... I got bored? >.>;; "
Offering product samples in the mall
Dull.
Filling candy machines
Well at least it's easy, and lots of time to think to oneself, without worry of interaction with people generally. Would get tiring without human contact though. Probably would be a night job too.
Writing data from papers to a database
I can do this exceptionally fast, it's just dull as hell.
Assembling simple products
Couldn't be bothered to tollerate it for any length of time.

S

Society

wow, love this thread concept, worth a necro..

Driving a city bus
fired: i'd be frustrated by the group-disciplinary position whenever there's trouble on the bus, and i wouldn't be hiding it very well.

i might be able to enjoy this, make my little fun mind-games to stress out my victims.

in jail for putting toxic cleaning products in the favorite coffee cup of whoever keeps putting gum under the printer desk.

i could manage it barely, i'd be incredibly forgetful, feeling bad about my performance like a fish rated at tree climbing, and looking for things outside of work to remind myself of my competence.

sounds like lower version of what i've being quite good at (mall kiosk sales), i'd feel everything is going way to easy and miss a sense of challenge.

Filling candy machines
i might enjoy the quiet time and independence, just moving from place to place filling up the machines, "hey retail fredy, how's the wife?"

i've done that.. barely tolerable even with tv in the background.

i've done that too: moved from place to place on the production line every two weeks until i nearly knew the whole thing, and even then only tolerable when you are friends with the people working by your side.

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Lol thanks for bringing this up

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Driving a city bus

I don't mind if the bus riders are nice and respectful.

No thanks. Mentally and emotinally exhausted.

Tolerable but boring.

Ok

I wouldn't mind this

Filling candy machines

Boring, repetitive work. Can I at least eat some of the candy?

Tolerable. Don't know that I'd like doing it for 8 hours straight though.

Exhausted and my fingers hurt.

Part I, simple jobs
Part II, skilled jobs
Part III, associate professionals
Part IV, experts
Part V, managers

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Driving a city bus
City bus drivers have to put up with so much abuse each day and con only do so much about it. That impotence would be a slow death.

This would get tiring over a day, both the endless talking to people and having to approach them as business first.

It surprised me when I discovered that I really, truly enjoy cleaning as a job. My painless fallback.

It would take me a while to get the hang of the organization schemes, but I could do it. It sounds only just stimulating enough to do for a year or so.

Draining. I like people, but interacting with them the same way over and over again doesn't do it for me.

Filling candy machines
This wouldn't be so bad, except probably the pay. Moving around all day with low pressure.

Tolerable. The peace would be a major asset, but the boredom is getting close to the edge of what is acceptable.

No.

The Cat

Just a Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads
Staff member
8 hour day.

Driving a city bus
Slow cold burning empty blue white rage. I'm fidgety. Dying to burn off some physical steam and by the end of the day every single human who I am not attracted to on the bus is an irritation at best or a potential adversary at worst. Either way. Get me the fuck to some physical activity that has no lines for cow people to have to stand behind.

I've placed through every room in the house, and have somehow ended up outside.

Satisfied. I'm feeling good because not only have I engaged with constructive physical activity. I've probably done it so quickly and so many times over, I'll be able to finish up slightly ahead of schedule and everyone goes home on time.

I've just straight become Monk at this point. Everything is going to be so perfectly arranged. An STJ would weep tears of joy.

This entirely depends on whether or not they let me hawk and dress like a ring master. If they do. They'll sell out daily. If they don't. Customers will love how respectful of their personal space I am that product sample fellow, they'd say, is so quiet and respectful why he was so stoic and we'll put togeth I simply was curious about what hat a well organzied sample display it was, I simply had to inquire...

Filling candy machines
I would enjoy this. Though I'm not a fan of candy. I prefer fruit for sugars. I like having keys to locks though. And I do enjoy transporting goods and equipment to different places.

Depends on how much moving around I get to do. If I'm gophering a lot. If there's people I need to engage during it it could be an interesting challenge for a while but I would get bored and quit after a few months of there wasn't enough physicality or interaction with it.

All day long. I enjoy putting things together. Working with my hands settles me

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
8 hour day.

Driving a city bus
I'd feel a lot of anxiety and probably have a head and backache. I have driving anxiety, so maneuvering such a large vehicle with traffic where no one wants you to get in front would be constant anxiety. I would learn to dread certain moments in the route.

I've done this and it also causes anxiety. It switches from boredom to a few emotions. Sometimes lonely people try to take over the conversation and you can sometimes say a few words to cheer them up and feel like a good person. Others flip out and call you a horrible human being and you go on your lunch break feeling droopy, depressed, but realizing it was social confusion.

I wouldn't mind this as much because it's usually done when everyone is gone, and I've done a lot of cleaning work in my life. My main problem is that I would be thinking how I wished I could use my energy to practice instead. I would probably start doing little dance moves to go with certain tasks so that I would be practicing.

I would be bored, but calm doing this and I would be accurate. It would have the same issues as above.

This would stress me out because I'd have to constantly be trying to engage people who mostly didn't want to be bothered. That constant social stress and being in a dull state of continual observation would leave me with a headache.

Filling candy machines
I wouldn't mind doing this for a day. After several days it would be another problem with boredom where I probably couldn't practice anything.

I could do this, but it is another example of a boring job where you cannot let your mind or body wander. Anything that is repetitious that requires constant attention is difficult. If it's repetitious but mindless I could think of interesting things. I wouldn't mind it for one day.

This would be fine for a day, but longterm would likely cause some joint or finger pain from repetitive motions. I could let my mind wander or have funny conversations, so that's something, but I'd be a bit bored and sad I couldn't do any creative work.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have done a form of a lot of these jobs.

Driving a city bus

I would get tired of the people really quick, and be irritable.

If there was a hell for me, this would be it.

I have done this, and its allright. Just as long as people are not filthy. Downside is consistancy.

Easy, as long as there are no bosses breathing down my neck. Id feel laid back.

Sounds boring as fuck, and I would have a hard time not eating the samples if it was food.

Filling candy machines

If consistant, probably be okay with it.

Would be tedious, but as long as it paid well.

Alright, as long as I am not rushed.

J. Starke

MBTI Type
entj
Driving a city bus
If I was well trained and skill at it I would actually like this job.

Horrible. I don't like telemarketing jobs especially, but I also don't like phone support jobs or most jobs on the phone.

Not really stressful which I like, but probably boring as f*ck.

Even more boring.

Can't imagine a worse job.

Filling candy machines
Somewhat similar to cleaning buildings I guess. Not a lot of stress.

Boring job but I could do it with enough caffeine in my system.

I can handle repetitive jobs if somebody is not torturing me psychologically on top of that. I had a job like this but the boss was just a horrible person.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Driving a city bus

I'd be pretty stressed out. Don't like city traffic and driving a bus... Terrible.

I've done over 1000 interviews. It does get tiring if you do it all day long. I have to take good notes because by the end, I could forget who was who if I didn't.

I would hate this but I could do it and be fine with it.

Too much detailed repetitive work. Would stress me out, though I did work in a couple warehouses in college and enjoyed it. Driving the forklift was fun.

Boring boring

Filling candy machines

I could do this. A bit of activity and moving around. Task oriented.

Very tedious and would end up stressing me out a bit but I would get it done.

That sounds fun!

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
8 hour day.

Driving a city bus

5/10 during COVID since there'd be less people. I'd be bored, though.

0/10 KMS afterward. I could probably do up to 30 minutes but not 8 hours.

3/10, I hate cleaning. At least conversation would probably be minimal.

8/10, I'd totally be fine with doing this for a week or so.

0/10, definitely one of the worst things I could ever be doing. I'd hate myself for supporting those products, and hate even more that I have to talk to people for 8 hours.

Filling candy machines

4/10 would be extremely boring.

9/10 for a day. Just seems like easy shit for pay. I'd be bored if I had to do it for long, though.

5/10, seems completely mediocre.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Driving a city bus
Utter and absolute hell.

Depends... am I cold calling? I would hate that. Am I calling people who have already agreed to be interviewed/are interested in what the subject? Then it has the potential to be interesting.

I would hate this. I don't want to clean up after other people.

Sounds boring. I would probably hate it after awhile.

Not good for this introvert. I would end up exhausted.

Filling candy machines
I wouldn't enjoy it. Too much driving.

Sounds boring, but better than all these others.

Maybe, this would depend on the environment. If the environment is good, it's not super rushed, I can laugh with coworkers, then it might be enjoyable.

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Driving a city bus
Sitting around all day with noisy people in a noisy city doesn't sound that pleasant. I do like the idea of touring around of city, but the same routes might get boring after awhile.

Eugh, that would drain my social battery. Phone anxiety, and asking them the same questions over and over like a telemarketer....hopefully the people are interesting.

This is my literal job. It's ok, cleaning the bathrooms and the kitchen is actually kind of relaxing but vacuuming is backbreaking. I get to work alone in peace, which is nice.

Dry, dull, I'd probably panic and recount 20 times.

Do I get to sample the product? This one actually sounds pretty nice, I love malls. And if it was a product I really liked, I think I could sell it well.

Filling candy machines
If I'm surrounded by candy, sounds good to me. Seems easy enough too.

It sounds easy enough, but also sounds really repetitive and like nothing of interest of value to me.

It may depend on what the products are but this one sounds pretty fun, maybe a little meticulous.