• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How would you feel after a day in these jobs? Part I, simple jobs

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
Driving a city bus
Get sick of driving and traffic, enjoy the random conversations.

Interviewing on the telephone
Could be fun as long as I didn't need to call people randomly and annoy them

Cleaning an office building
Again, it could be fun if coworkers were good. I always chatted to the cleaners in our building when I was working late. Didn't seem too bad.

Keeping inventory of a storage hall
Would go semi insane, though if I knew it was only for a day I might survive. Also I'd enjoy it if I got to categorise and improve things.

Offering product samples in the mall
Not really my style of job, but if it was them come to me rather than me pester them, it could be a good get paid for standing and chatting job.

Filling candy machines
Boring. But if I could tax a bit...

Writing data from papers to a database
I'm actually okay at this as long as I feel it is achieving something. If I'm just moving data around with no thought, then it is tedious.

Assembling simple products
No brains, repetitive, would get pretty bored.

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
I'm pretty sure I'd dislike all of these on day 4 or 5. The only benefit to some would be a lack of stress at work... but that would probably be more than offset by a lack of pay.

Driving a city bus
I hate traffic, and when I'm going somewhere, I want to *go*. Stopping all the time to let troublesome passengers on would frustrate me.

Okay, I lied. I'd hate this one immediately. Talking to strangers + telephone + expecting people's time for nothing = :(.

Probably sort of relaxing at first. Until your first vomit-cleanup. Even without that, would get dull.

I'd dislike this. Recordkeeping is a particular hate of mine.

Probably just a *little* more palatable than being a phone researcher. Which means that I might last 5 minutes before hating it. People generally don't like being bothered by solicitors - I hate it myself, and I'd hate even more being forced to be the solicitor.

Filling candy machines
Boring, but maybe tolerable for a while - get to get out and *do* stuff, at least, and it sounds like there wouldn't be the expectation of "selling" stuff. I still think *emptying* the candy machine sounds like more fun, though :popc1:

Boring. Really, really boring. But if we're talking a pure 9-5 punch-the-timeclock job, I could probably do it. Likely low-stress.

As long as I could couch this under the terms of continual improvement to do things better and faster, I'd probably get into this. But I'd probably top out after about a week, in which case it would be tedious, frustrating, and dull.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
I gave them ratings along with my descriptions. 10 is the best, 1 is the worst.

Driving a city bus
- Eh, not a fan of this at all. The constant stops and responsibility make this kind of undesirable.
Rating: 4.5

- I wouldn't mind this one actually. Would not be stressful in the least, and is not very tough at all. Could potentially be interesting too, I like it.
Rating: 7.5

- Meh, doesn't sound appealing. Don't like cleaning things up for other people in general.
Rating: 4.5

- Wouldn't mind it. Seems a little boring, but I would like it because it is not stressful, and is probably easy. Also the amount of work is probably not as much.
Rating: 7

- Nope, I wouldn't like it. Requires a lot of interaction and standing (usually). Of course a lot of the time is no work at all, but also just staying in one place in a mall would drive me a little crazy. I mean it's a mall, it's meant to be explored.
Rating: 4

Filling candy machines
- Haha I guess this wouldn't be too bad. As long as I could get some free candy. If I can, then terrific. If I can't, then oh well, still not a bad job because it's easy and stressless. Of course the pay will be more than humble.
Rating: 6.5

- This is sort of like my current job actually. I like this kind of work, as long as I know what I'm doing. I love to work with Microsoft Excel and am great and quick at categorizing things. Although it's a little boring, it is not stressful, is easy, I'm good at it, all around I like this.
Rating: 8

- Assemblign them, like stocking shelves? Not really a fan, would be kind of boring, but it would be simple and stress-free for the most part.
Rating: 6

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
Driving a city bus
This wouldn't be too bad at first, but after I drove the same route several times it would drive me nuts. I could actually do a job like this if it was an intercity bus.

If this wasn't too heavily scripted or structured I'd enjoy it. Otherwise I would hate it.

I could wear headphones for this job, so it wouldn't be too bad. The longer I did it the worse it would be though.

This sounds like a nightmare job.

I wouldn't be a good salesperson, but I could have fun with it until they fired me.

Filling candy machines
This would be fun at first and then get boring pretty quickly.

This one might be even worse than keeping inventory of a storage hall.

This one is pretty close to the bottom of the barrel as well.

P

Phantonym

Driving a city bus
I guess I could do it for a couple of days but not for years. It depends on the city too. A nice quiet small city with little traffic and few passengers, I guess I'd be OK with it if I could listen to music and think (oh yeah, that makes me a lousy driver, so I think I'd still have to pass).

Now that would actually be pretty cool. People are never boring.

Free exercise! I like getting things clean. I don't have any problems doing that.

I'd be OK doing this.

I've always hated when people approach me with those so, no, I don't think so.

Filling candy machines
Hehe. I'd like that.

That's OK too. I've done that. You can't do this without thinking about it all the time because you can't make any mistakes and it gets really draining after a whole day of doing this, though.

I've done that for years when I was younger and worked for some company. It becomes sort of automatic after a while and as long as there's music and you're able to think, it's OK. I couldn't imagine doing it for the rest of my life, though.

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Driving a city bus
Tired, bored, irritable.

Exhausted, antisocial. (Meaning, I'm tired of people and wouldn't be in a good mood having to be around any more of them.)

Fine, fatigued.

Fine, maybe a little bored.

Exhausted, irritable, antisocial.

Filling candy machines
Fine, possibly craving candy or sick of looking at candy.

Very bored, fatigued, suffering eye strain (I did a job just like this but it was 5 hours a day instead of 8 hours. It wasn't that bad, but it was quite boring.)

Fatigued, bored.

staytuned7

Driving a city bus
I've never been in a car accident while driving or gotten a citation. I'd be qualified, but not especially attentive. I'd probably drive right past people waiting at their stop.

exhausted, miserable, pessimistic, stressed, fake

I had a job like this once. It was fine when I was left completely alone. Tiring and unfulfilling, but I could just go on "autopilot" and let my mind wander elsewhere.

Orderliness = <3. Detail =/= <3. I'd probably be drained by the end of the day.

Death. Plain and simple. It would be horrible. I would be worn-out/exhausted, miserable, not have any social energy for the relationships I would rather focus that energy on.

Filling candy machines
It would probably be the same as the office cleaning job...but easier.

I'd have a sad, comatose (night of the living dead) thing going on when I'd get home

I wouldn't be able to go on auto-pilot for this one (too big a risk at making mistakes) so I would just end up being drained and lethargic.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Driving a city bus

I'd enjoy it, especially if I had my MP3 player with me and my small speakers (I'd keep it low just to have some background noise). Driving is relaxing.

I don't think I'd have an issue with this, but I'm not really certain.

Sounds good. I could listen to my music while working, since most cleaning goes on after hours.

Sounds good. I get to be alone.

I'd dislike this, I hate asking random people things, especially when I know that they probably aren't concerned with what I have to say.

Filling candy machines

This seems to be quite alright, simple enough.

I'd get very bored, the monotony would kill me.

I'd have fun doing this. :)

Great threads.

Coeur

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Driving a city bus
It's be cool to people watch and/or daydream. It'd be relaxing.

I would like that. All you have to do is ask basic questions and listen. I would like to psychoanalyze someone over the phone and imagine what they're like. ^_^

If I had an adequete amount of help, it could be fun because I know I'm making a real difference. I'd feel really accomplished.

I would not be able to stand this for long periods of time.

I'd feel very disheartened, grouchy, and ignored. It would feel pointless.

Filling candy machines
I'd get bored with it quickly. I would likely drop things. Also, I'd be tempted to steal the candy, but ethically obligated not to, so I'd feel moral tension. XD

Just kill me now.

I'd get really bored with it.

Samvega

Buddhist Misanthrope
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
8 hour day.

Driving a city bus

Filling candy machines

Like killing most of humanity, I'd move to a small cabin and shoot at people that tried to visit me!

fway

Enneagram
8w79
Simple Jobs
8 hour day.

Driving a city bus
Energized and ready to do it again. The pay may suck though. :/

Well you can't see the person face to face so it's not helpful.

BORING.

BORING.

Get to meet new people and win them over. GOOD.

Filling candy machines
BORING.

BORING.

Meh. It'd probably be okay.

attetude

MBTI Type
xxxx
Driving a city bus
Bored after two days.

Depends on the people. On some level, maybe fun, if the people were fun.

Bored, hurting my back.

I sleepz.

This could be fun for a few weeks.

Filling candy machines
Bored. Unless the candy would be really ass kicking after eating them for weeks.

Bored.

Bored like never before.

B

beyondaurora

Driving a city bus
Tired. Too much sensory input. Too much routine.

I could do this if the questions were at least somewhat interesting and sparked conversation.

Bored, anxious. Eager to go home, lie down and read.

If I'm doing the initial inventory of the storage hall, I could handle it -- at least there's an end in sight. But keeping inventory as things come in and go out...blah.

Oh god, blow my brains out! Everyone hates these people (if they're the ones who yell out to passersbys). If people approach me, and I genuinely like the product I'm allowing them to sample and can give them advice and consultation, then I wouldn't mind it much for one day.

Filling candy machines
I don't want to lift things, I don't want to tinker with shoving the candy in. If one piece didn't stand up correctly, after the second machine I would start breaking the candy in half and freaking out on the machine. Ugh.

As in data entry? Sure, I can do that and have done that. I can make a game out of it, challenge myself to type it as fast as I can and enter everything efficiently. Also, you kind of get into a rhythm and you can totally daydream while entering the data. That's nice.

Same as above. If it allows me to zone out and/or make a game out of it, I can do it for awhile.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Haha I just signed in to interview people about the taste of some product samples. I'll do it probably 2-3 days next week. Meanwhile I'm continuing to apply for expert jobs.

Gewitter27

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Driving a city bus
Totally drained.
I'd hate it. The idea of calling random people up and trying to sell them stuff is almost exactly what I would hate to do.
Tired, but at least I'd actually get some I time...
Sheesh! So much to do! Too bad I'm not a J. It wouldn't be TOO bad, but I wouldn't like it.
Gawd no... I'd hate to do things as people-intensive as that. Ask an EF.
Filling candy machines
Yum! Candy! I'd like that, actually. Menial, yes, but it brings happiness I knew when I was a child.
Perhaps. Depends a lot on the type of input it needs.
Simple ones are easier than complex ones. But it is repetitive, and probably boring.