• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Intelligent are being screwed over

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
A nation's GDP is primarily a factor of the intelligence of it's citizens, and the economic system, mainly on the axis of controlled & communism - free market & capitalism.

On a national level, intelligence is far less of a predictor for personal income. In other words, the intelligent are almost entirely benefactors, and less of a beneficiaries for the products of their intelligence.

What are the main tricks how the less intelligent reap the benefits made by the intelligent?

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The intelligents goal is usually intelligence not money. We may go along with someone making money just for the experience and that is what makes us happy, not the monetary goal.

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
What are the main tricks how the less intelligent reap the benefits made by the intelligent?
Ass-kissing and brown-nosing.

I really didn't think it had to be pointed out. V:)V

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Not to mention the cash flows from executives to prostitutes to glamour shops. Entire industries focus on how to attract the non-thinking. It requires a lot of thought, really. In the end, the non-thinking make it all go around.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Not to mention the cash flows from executives to prostitutes to glamour shops. Entire industries focus on how to attract the non-thinking. It requires a lot of thought, really. In the end, the non-thinking make it all go around.

Or to put it another way try to manipulate people by thinking for them :doh:

nomadic

mountain surfing
MBTI Type
enfp
I think export oriented countries like Finland are better at recognizing talent and intelligence and building a structure underneath that.

Intelligence is way too politicized and dumbed down here.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Or to put it another way try to manipulate people by thinking for them :doh:
That might be it, too. It's a tough nut to crack.

I think export oriented countries like Finland are better at recognizing talent and intelligence and building a structure underneath that.

Intelligence is way too politicized and dumbed down here.
I've no idea of that. I've read Finland being placed nicely in some tech charts, but I've expected us to be more traditional and hierarchical. Or then not. I really don't know for sure.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The intelligents goal is usually intelligence not money. We may go along with someone making money just for the experience and that is what makes us happy, not the monetary goal.

Yessir!

Although this applies more to Ps than Js. Ps seek internal consistency over external goal completion; Js are the other way around.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
you forget that without the education system and the constant flow of cultural data children and young adults are being subjected to the average intelligence of a given rich country would be lower.

Also, as nations get richer, nutrition gets better. Which's especially important during early childhood. and so on

Take for example old iq tests. Even on the purely logical aspects of an IQ test, if we used today's base 100 on early 20th century kids, we'd have to see our ancestors as, in average, slightly retarded

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I've sometimes thought that a person with dull enough mind will REQUIRE expenditures of eur 100 to get the kicks someone could have for 10 eur.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
In case it wasn't obvious to everybody, what i meant is that intelligent people are actually thanked by their country's setting up of the environnement that allowed this intelligence, as iq's correlation with genetics is around 0.5 if i recall.

TSDesigner

MBTI Type
INTJ
I don't think people are screwing over the intelligent people so much as some intelligent people are screwing over themselves because they're not that much into money. Introverted people tend to be more intelligent on the average, but extroverted people care more about making money. Extroverted people care more about things that are outside themselves, which includes material things. Intelligent people tend to care less about material things and more about intellectual things. Financial success depends mostly on your attitudes and beliefs. There are ways for people with average intelligence to get rich. A smart person with crappy attitudes and beliefs is going to be poor. The success gurus say that you're responsible for virtually everything in your life. They say you empower yourself if you take responsibility for your well-being rather than blaming other people and circumstances.

Here are rich vs. poor beliefs:

1. Rich people believe "I create my life."
Poor people believe, "Life happens to me."

2. Rich people play the money game to win.
Poor people play the money game to not lose.

3. Rich people are committed to being rich.
Poor people want to be rich.

4. Rich people think big.
Poor people think small.

5. Rich people focus on opportunities.
Poor people focus on obstacles.

6. Rich people admire other rich and successful people.
Poor people resent rich and successful people.

7. Rich people associate with positive, successful people.
Poor people associate with negative or unsuccessful people.

8. Rich people are willing to promote themselves and their value.
Poor people think negatively about selling and promotion.

9. Rich people are bigger than their problems.
Poor people are smaller than their problems.

10. Rich people are excellent receivers.
Poor people are poor receivers.

11. Rich people choose to get paid based on results.
Poor people choose to get paid based on time.

12. Rich people think "both."
Poor people think "either/or."

13. Rich people focus on their net worth.
Poor people focus on their working income.

14. Rich people manage their money well.
Poor people mismanage their money well.

15. Rich people have their money work hard for them.
Poor people work hard for their money.

16. Rich people act in spite of fear.
Poor people let fear stop them.

17. Rich people constantly learn and grow.
Poor people think they already know.

*** Some good attitudes to have:

* Be grateful for everything good you have
* Think positive thoughts all the time
* Avoid negative thoughts at all costs
* Avoid things that make you feel angry, sad, scared, or any other negative feeling
* Be extremely optimistic
* Expect good things to happen to you
* See the good in people
* Take full responsibility for every aspect of your life. You create your life!
* Be in control of your life. Do not let others be in control of your life.
* Have a can-do spirit
* Focus on your goals and work on achieving them most of the time.
* Have integrity. Live according to your values and keep your promises to yourself and others.
* VALUE yourself highly and take good care of yourself in every way
* Love yourself
* See the good in every situation

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't think people are screwing over the intelligent people so much as some intelligent people are screwing over themselves because they're not that much into money. Introverted people tend to be more intelligent on the average, but extroverted people care more about making money. Extroverted people care more about things that are outside themselves, which includes material things. Intelligent people tend to care less about material things and more about intellectual things. Financial success depends mostly on your attitudes and beliefs. There are ways for people with average intelligence to get rich. A smart person with crappy attitudes and beliefs is going to be poor. The success gurus say that you're responsible for virtually everything in your life. They say you empower yourself if you take responsibility for your well-being rather than blaming other people and circumstances.

Here are rich vs. poor beliefs:

1. Rich people believe "I create my life."
Poor people believe, "Life happens to me."

2. Rich people play the money game to win.
Poor people play the money game to not lose.

3. Rich people are committed to being rich.
Poor people want to be rich.

4. Rich people think big.
Poor people think small.

5. Rich people focus on opportunities.
Poor people focus on obstacles.

6. Rich people admire other rich and successful people.
Poor people resent rich and successful people.

7. Rich people associate with positive, successful people.
Poor people associate with negative or unsuccessful people.

8. Rich people are willing to promote themselves and their value.
Poor people think negatively about selling and promotion.

9. Rich people are bigger than their problems.
Poor people are smaller than their problems.

10. Rich people are excellent receivers.
Poor people are poor receivers.

11. Rich people choose to get paid based on results.
Poor people choose to get paid based on time.

12. Rich people think "both."
Poor people think "either/or."

13. Rich people focus on their net worth.
Poor people focus on their working income.

14. Rich people manage their money well.
Poor people mismanage their money well.

15. Rich people have their money work hard for them.
Poor people work hard for their money.

16. Rich people act in spite of fear.
Poor people let fear stop them.

17. Rich people constantly learn and grow.
Poor people think they already know.

I agree, now define rich, because rich is not always money to everyone :D

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Why should the intelligent get the best? Sure, every society needs some intelligent people. But it needs more hard-working people, more diplomatic people, more leaders, more followers, other qualities too.

iamathousandapples

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w6
Is advertising driving lack of thinking or is advertising because we have people who dont want to think?

The latter. Things exist to fill a need(and last long enough to be practical), advertising directs aimless minds for business purposes.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Uuhh I think there's something wrong with the original assumption, anyway. A major factor in how rich a nation is, equally important to intelligence of the population, is available resources per capita. South Korea, Japan, Austria, Italy - they all have an above-average mean IQ of the population but they don't have access to lots of natural resource per capita, thus they aren't as rich as, say, Norway or the USA.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

I believe you're confusing introversion/extroversion with Perceiving vs. Judging.

You say that extroverts are more about making money or otherwise completing externally measurable goals, but that isn't true--that's just a J characteristic. The "extroverts into making money" that you speak of are largely ExxJ types, not ExxP (though ESTPs love the idea of having money, they'll usually blow it all on hookers and coke the minute they get their hands on it anyway.)

And by the way, your limited perspective on intelligence, as made by evident by the context in which you use the word, is a bit disturbing. The "intelligence" you refer to is N intelligence, and that's not what's considered important or smart to a majority of people.

You can't label others "unintelligent" just because they aren't accomplishing the goals you consider to be important--they probably just don't have the same basic life goals as you.