• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Positive Experiences with Typology

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Hello everybody. :hi:

On TypeC, there is a lot of talk about the limitations, defects, and abuses of typology, but I'd like to hear more about the benefits.

Please share your positive experiences with MBTI, Enneagram, Socionics, or any other personality type theories you've come across.

I'd really love to hear how it has changed your life for the better.

Thanks, you guys! :D

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Not only has it helped me to understand myself, but it's also illuminated a great many things about my friends and family which has lead to smoother interactions and a lot less fighting or misunderstanding! My IRL immediate circle includes but is not limited to: ENTJ, ESTJ (several), INTJ (several), ESFP, ISFP, ENFP (two), INFJ (several), ENTP (several), ESTP and ISFJ (two), not to mention my AWOL friends and webpeeplez that I talk to so frequently.

A broad range of people, just as I like it. And it's important to me to understand them.

As Cardinal Newman once said: "Not to know the relative dispositions of things is the state of slaves or children." I choose to be enlightened where I'm ignorant, and since people are my business, understanding them is my duty and my want.

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Thanks for sharing that, Pink Piranha.:)

I can't wait to hear more stories like these. :D

As Cardinal Newman once said: "Not to know the relative dispositions of things is the state of slaves or children."

Nice.

I think I might put that in my signature for a while. ;)

staytuned7

Not only has it helped me to understand myself, but it's also illuminated a great many things about my friends and family which has lead to smoother interactions and a lot less fighting or misunderstanding!

Bingo. I've learned a lot about myself, which has helped me to grow and cultivate those things in me I've always been told were "weird." MBTI has allowed me to really embrace them.

More importantly (I think) is that it's helped me to better understand the relationships I have with my parents. I was able to see exactly why and where my INFP mother and I don't get along (and where we do). I'm able to be more patient with my ISxP father who, admittedly, can drive me nuts.

It's been wonderful. I call it both my blessing and my curse because, while it's been great, I feel like I've gotten a little obsessed with it. However, I feel like the good far outweighs the bad. :yes:

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
The realisation that "oh people aren't complete arseholes, they're just a little bit arseholes with a different perspective!".

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Originally, it really helped me bring clarity and understanding with some events that had happened with an INFJ in my life. I never knew INFJs were so different than myself!

Since then it's helped with all my friends, and especially has helped me better understand my ISFP mom.

Finally, and most recently, it's helped me better understand completely different methods of thought. It opened the door for me to be able to understand people who I would never have thought I'd be able to relate to. That, to me, is quite possibly the most directly rewarding aspect. I've really grown from it.