• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Do You Believe in Intuition?

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Of course I believe in intuition! :D But I don't always listen to it! :D And that gets me into trouble...

I use intuition all the time when I brainstorm and get loads of ideas at once and all that good stuff....but I don't know...*shrugs*

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
It's my highest ability. The source of my creativity. A guiding force that is usually right in its judgements.
It's like another person within the confines of my mind, who gives me her opinion in no uncertain terms. I test these judgements against logic and other factors, but it's usually right.
Strange, but true for me...

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
I BELIEVE!! :yay:

In terms of knowing the unknown, maybe people can do it. But I think people just get hunches, they couldn't concretely claim it 100% of the time, so it is more just knowing something is higher probability, and weighing up the situation to eliminate other options. Which probably requires minimal thinking for an N dom.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There is a little voice in my head that says intuition exists.

Alpha Prime

MBTI Type
XXXX
Enneagram
XXXX
My logical side, says it is just a thought. There is no proof or bearing to support intuition except in hindsight. In which most things can be explained.

I don't believe in gut feelings, or things without some sort of reason behind it.

If I do have intuition, I ignore it on the fact that there is nothing to support its validity.

Am I an S?

There IS proof to support your gut feeling, but it's located in your subliminal perception, so you wont always know what it is based on. Intuition is a backup system in the mind. It kicks in when your conscious mind misses vital sensory data. Without it, you will make crucial mistakes in critical situations.

The question is, what is intuition, and what is doped up mumbo jumbo?

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
In every case that I have had negative gut feelings about people, those feelings have born themselves out to be true. Some of the time I ignored them, thinking that it was just my own closed-mindedness or a kind of prejudice. However, I now believe that it is actually based on a set of cues that we take in, but don't necessarily consciously process. For example, someone who has an irregular way of making eye contact (too much, not enough, lots of blinking, staring, etc) makes us feel uncomfortable. There is nothing that they've done so far that would make us believe them to be a bad person, therefore the thought often isn't consciously noted. However, it does register that it's different than the usual pattern of good interactions. If we were to think about it, we'd realize that a person that does that could be merely socially awkward or insecure (which should govern how much we trust them or how we interact with them), or it could be an indicator of mental illness, strange thoughts, attempts to manipulate etc (which also should put us on our guard).

R

Riva

Ironically, I do believe in gut feelings, it's one of the few things that actually helps me make decisions.

No i think you are just too bored to sit down and think things through.

Or find it too hard to think things out in a sequential manner (INTPs do sequential thinking the best) therefor you use your feelings about something and come to a conclusion.
You use your gut feelings the same way a person would toss a coin and make a decision and saying "hey my gut was right".

When Se s use their gut feeling it is more experience than intuition. They just know how something is going to turn out to be by experience (se). They don't know how it happened or what reasons led to it. Just just know It happened then therefor it is gonna happen now.

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My logical side, says it is just a thought. There is no proof or bearing to support intuition except in hindsight. In which most things can be explained.

I don't believe in gut feelings, or things without some sort of reason behind it.

If I do have intuition, I ignore it on the fact that there is nothing to support its validity.

Am I an S?

Intuition or gut feelings also occur within Sensors, especially the artistic
ones.

I'm a Sensor and believe that intuition is the sixth sense.

It's not all that frequent, but when it happens it creeps me out. It's dead on accurate too.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
In some ways intuition can come down to the ease with which someone can draw conclusions based on unconscious processing as opposed to needing all the facts outlined in their conscious minds in order to reach a conclusion. The mind can continue to work out a problem even during sleep. The answer can emerge seemingly out of the blue.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I belive it might be right, thats why i think it thru with Ti

Shinobi-san

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
I frequently have dreams that foreshadow events in my life. I chapter them and can kind of predict when something is drastic is going to happen, it's worked before.

I quite often experience the same. I've dreamt of things years before they happen.. I've yet to have a foreshadowing that hasn't come true.