• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Psychoanalyze THIS

Wiley45

MBTI Type
INFP
Weird, I almost just posted something similar the other day. I just heard about this and got curious, so I went searching online.

I think some people who feel like they don't belong in regular society, probably NF's, have found this fringe vampire culture as a way to make sense of weird things that have caused them not to belong (like raging emotions, attraction to dark things, intuition, and strange sleep patterns) and it makes them feel important and relieved.

It becomes even easier to fit one's self into this vampire category when people consider being an "energy vampire" or a "psychic vampire" a form of vampirism as opposed to strictly blood drinking vampires.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
:rofl1: Most of the traits seem INFP, some of them just NF, and the occasional INTJ like trait I think. I used to drink my own blood once, it was interestingly salty :D. Some of those "traits" were clearly ridiculous, wtf does being a vampire have to do with sexual energy? :laugh:

Coeur

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Weird, I almost just posted something similar the other day. I just heard about this and got curious, so I went searching online.

I think some people who feel like they don't belong in regular society, probably NF's, have found this fringe vampire culture as a way to make sense of weird things that have caused them not to belong (like raging emotions, attraction to dark things, intuition, and strange sleep patterns) and it makes them feel important and relieved.

It becomes even easier to fit one's self into this vampire category when people consider being an "energy vampire" or a "psychic vampire" a form of vampirism as opposed to strictly blood drinking vampires.

"Dear “Dick Liberenth ” You are not alone anymore. You enter this page and it’s good that you know now that you are one of us. And you don’t have to be afraid anymore. Now you just have to know who you are. I’m glad that you aren’t afraid to vampires anymone.
- Welcome new vampire "

Their logic is sooooo off, though. I mean... they must have something very wrong psychologically.

I'll agree that they're probably NFs, though. XD

Wiley45

MBTI Type
INFP
Eh, maybe some have psychological problems, but if you don't know about something like MBTI and you're not strong on logic, and you've been alienated your whole life and you feel oddly out of place and full of raging emotion, and are attracted to things involving imagination and fantasy ... I can see someone coming to that conclusion.

metaphours

cast shadows
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
This Twilight craze is getting way out of hand...

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
That page smells of NF. Poor, misguided NF.

lane777

nevermore
Hemophagia, the consumption of blood (actual, or a desire that persists and is disturbing) is often a sign of a more serious underlying condition.

You can spot one such condition quickly. When you next urinate, wait a few minutes before flushing. If the urine slowly turns to a color that can be mistaken for blood, you have one form of porphyria; if not, you may still have other forms, or some other condition.

Your best bet is to make an appointment with a psychiatrist, who can then proceed with a differential diagnosis, or send you on to an endocrinologist.

If you decide that you absolutely MUST consume blood, you should cook it first. The US Armed Forces Survival Manual states succinctly that raw blood will likely make you sick, so it should be mixed equally with water and boiled for at least a minute to prevent vomiting and to kill parasites and pathogens.

Beef and pork blood should be available from a butcher shop inexpensively--tell them you want to make blood pudding.

- according to a psych nurse from this link

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
@lane777 - You should post that as a response on the webpage.

lane777

nevermore
Excellent. I really hope that they listen and get better.

Yeah, good thing you mentioned it... I assumed I would have to sign up to post, hadn't scrolled to the bottom of the page to see otherwise.

I think the people from this site would be a little harder to convince. :/

SphynxCatVP - FAQ - PseudoCharacteristics

Ugh. You would think they would consider more realistic possibilities to start :dry:... it's most likely an excuse to indulge in their vampire fetish, since most of them admit they love vampires or think it's cool that they are one.

Wiley45

MBTI Type
INFP
:doh: There's more of them!!!

It's actually a pretty established little subculture, I think. I would guess that the popularity of Twilight has only added to it, though most people who consider themselves "true vampires" seem to be annoyed by that type of "teen" thing.

Coeur

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
It's actually a pretty established little subculture, I think. I would guess that the popularity of Twilight has only added to it, though most people who consider themselves "true vampires" seem to be annoyed by that type of "teen" thing.

That is insane.... I feel really bad for these people.

One Day

MBTI Type
INfP
Enneagram
5w4
i answered yes to most the questions.
So I’m a Vampire.

I knew that,
from playing with the ouiga board.
this just confirms it.

wut?

But in all seriousness, most of the comments are from 12 - 14 year olds. They'll grow out of it...hopefully.

Wiley45

MBTI Type
INFP
There is a community of people who are much older than teenagers and truly believe they are vampires. People who consider themselves serious vampires actually have a term for the young, showy "vampire wannabees." They're referred to as "Vampabees." :) (Refer to FAQ #9 at the following site: alt.culture.vampyres website - gimme the FAQs)

This site has been around for 10 years and has an active forum.
Drink Deeply and Dream: Vampiric Forum • Index page

Here is another forum where people discuss supposed "real vampirism" and the different types of vampires.
Vampire Forum Of Darkness : Vampire Questions - Real Vampires...

Here is another vampire forum, with recommended reading titles such as "The Nutritional Content of Blood," "The Donor Bill of Rights," "The Eros (sexual) Vampire," "Aftercare for Donors," "Turning, Awakening, and Sympathetic Vampirism."

I heard an interview the other day with a few guys who claim to be real vampires. They are adults and hold steady jobs in the "normal" world. It is definitely not all high school fluff and people walking around in capes. Some people are adults who are quite serious about the whole thing and try to be intelligent and almost academic about it.

Honestly, I think some of these people might have mental illness or a medical condition, but I'm betting most of them just have an overactive imagination, a need to stand out from the crowd, some strong feelings of alienation from the normal world, and an attraction to the dark and surreal.

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
I heard an interview the other day with a few guys who claim to be real vampires. They are adults and hold steady jobs in the "normal" world.

Night jobs that is. At the morgue and the blood bank.

- -
v--v