• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

NLP??

sculpting

I am going to head off into NLP land with my entp friend.

Do you guys have good/bad things to report about it? Thoughts on it as a tool?

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
No worries. I've heard of it, and know enough to recognize the acronym, but other than that, I know absolutely nothing about the NLP, sorry Ne-Monster, wish I could help.

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
its supposed to be a good tool for picking up girls

but yeah...i dont know anything about it

edit: just read wiki'd it...i can see where it would apply with establishing rapport with people

sounds interesting but too much work

Gamine

in-game
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
A few friends and I studied the basics of it on a whim during business school. My ethics prof of all people recommended it. It was extremely interesting, and I have found many ways to use even just the basic tools and lessons from the field. Additionally, I have finally found a mentor in the field of Public Relations (a career idea I play with) and our first conversation revolved around these ideas.

What are you planning to use them for? What sources are you using?

epp

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
it depends on your teacher. a LOT. it can be used to understand people better and to use it for personal development. but, yes, you can also use it as a tool for manipulating other people, e.g. picking up girls.

i personally chose the first option.

also, it was not much work at all!!! but now, when i'm thinking about it, it might have been so because NLP is all about principles, models and patterns - and i am an ENTP, so it's very easy.

so, a bit of abstract thinking might come handy :)
good luck!

Snow Turtle

NLP is about cultiviating habits and getting rid of habits isn't it?
It's sort of like cognitive behaviour therapy but sounds much more rapid from what I've read. My feelings on the whole matter...

Pro: You achieve the results if it works!
Cons: I'd feel like I'm cheating myself. That it's a form of permenant hypnotism that I didn't solve myself, unlike CBT where I'm working out things.

epp

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
NLP is about cultiviating habits and getting rid of habits isn't it?
yes, but the rapid results actually come from understanding the patterns not 'convincing' yourself somehow, i.e. hypnosis. they wouldn't work for long otherwise... or wouldn't work very well, at least.

but it really depends a lot on the NLP teacher. i was very happy with my own instructor as he really explained things in a NT way :), but i have seen NLP courses with very different instructors with different attitude. NLP has sort of grown very wide, you see, and NLPists can have very different opinions and attitudes on the matter.

(i just noticed i speak so 'visually' even in english)