• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

beyond stressed,no break in sight

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
Deep breaths. Figure out what's stressing me out, and what I can do to fix it. If I can't fix it, come to an understanding of how I can put up with it. Realize that it's just a burst of epinephrine/adrenaline and cortisol that's making me feel this way, and that it will eventually subside. Separate myself from others, since they'll do nothing but piss me off while in that state. Get to work.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I tell myself I can endure anything and there's nothing that can't be worked out as long as you keep working on it, so keep working on it. I said keep working on it. Yes, but keep working on it. Yeah, it's hard, but keep working on it. (like that)

Also I know that these periods do come to an end, so I remember when it was like that before and it felt like it would never end, but it did. And it will again.

And that usually things turn out all right.

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I would start looking for a break because if I don't find it, it would find me. What I mean is that people can handle only so much. After that the mind breaks down or the physical health.

WoodsWoman

MBTI Type
INFP
Do the 'shadow' walk for a while... eh, not helpful... been there, done that, and finally figured out that when someone says, 'take care of yourself' they mean the simple everyday mundane activities - keep yourself clean, focus on healthy, cut the caffeine, get enough quality sleep, and find someone you can trust to talk to.

It's a very scary world when you find yourself wondering if your body is going to break to force you to take a break.

Coeur

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Yoga helps with overall stress management.
Also, imagine the REAL worst case scenario. Then put your energy into turning that worst case scenario into a good scenario.
However, if your anxiety is a serious problem, you might want to consider natural supplements. It'd be good to get your thyroid checked as well.

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
infp buddy plays guitar

i go to the gym and take extra long in my workout cuz i get lost inside my head...afterwards i feel great
or go for a run

Sachetan

MBTI Type
ENTP
This helps me with stress and anxiety every time:

Put on some soothing music. Lie on my yoga mat and just let the feelings and thoughts come to me. Connect with the here and now.

Stay there as long as I need to. Then think what would make me happier right now. Start doing it when I feel like it (baking cookies, reading a book, writing my diary, call a friend, do house chores etc).

statuesquechica

MBTI Type
INFj
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
When stressed out I like to talk to a friend or family member to process my thoughts and get a different perspective--they help me get back to the bigger picture rather than fixating on something.

Laughing, crying, having a drink with friends, and going for a walk also help tremendously. Being in nature is a necessity for me.

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
i remove myself from the stressful situation, but this only works if the stressful situation is temporary.
for instance, my son was horrible yesterday,like...devil child horrible, so i started getting really stressed out, and feeling like i was going to yell at him, curse him and lose my cool, so i impatiently waited for my boyfriend to get home, and then i just grabbed the keys from him, and left without saying anything. I think he knew what was up. I stayed gone for about an hour, went on a nature walk at the park and came home and i was fine.

for bigger stress related issues i haven't really found a way to deal. I usually let things boil up until i snap.
crying is usually my release, but it doesn't actually help solve anything.