• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Brain types and body functions

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
It's kind of an interesting idea where preference of specific things is concerned (such as eyes and hands), although their chart doesn't make any sense to me. ST and NF don't have any yellow, whatever that is, but NTs are made of it apparently. Oh wait, I see, yellow represents the least preferred areas of physical function. I don't know though, I'm an NT and I love using my hands, not just my brain and my jaw.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I love using not only my brain, but that whole area of my head. I even use my eyebrows and mouth an incredible amount, as well as my hands. I don't so much care for the rest of my body. That is really interesting how accurately that correlates with how I move.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
It's kind of an interesting idea where preference of specific things is concerned (such as eyes and hands), although their chart doesn't make any sense to me. ST and NF don't have any yellow, whatever that is, but NTs are made of it apparently. Oh wait, I see, yellow represents the least preferred areas of physical function. I don't know though, I'm an NT and I love using my hands, not just my brain and my jaw.

I see it as balance, although not really a weakness. For NT yellow is just the least preferred doesn't mean ur bad at it.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I found this rather interesting, as personality typing is able to correlate towards strengths of body functions check it out.
BrainTypes.com - Body Skills

That's fascinating. It looks like the least philosophical/abstract people in the world, athletes, are coming up with their own way of defining the differences between people, and it lines up with ours.

Guess that means there's some truth in it. :)

Sachetan

MBTI Type
ENTP
This really is interesting. My SF friends are great dancers and can make me laugh by imitating crazy movements from celebrities for example. Sometimes I envy those skills which seem so natural for them.

I've taken dance lessons all my life and used to compete in gymnastics so I'm able to master my body but only when I'm "in the situation". i (NT) need a lot of concentration to do that and preferably a model, pattern in front of me - like somebody doing the movements so that I can mimic them. That's why I function best in a group in those situations.

And my ex boss (SF) only hired NTs and NFs. For their mental abilities? Maybe.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
It doesn't work for me. I have really good gross motor abilities (I can dance really well, good at soccer, bla bla bla), but my fine motor skills suck.

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Interesting, thanks! :)
Works for me, I guess...
My fine motor skills are crappy...

jixmixfix

Permabanned
Nts seem to be the opposite of SF but again it doesn't matter which is better I guess its what is preferred first.

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm not sure because my fine/gross motor skills are exceptional - and I could use my head at the same time, as I tend to an ENTJ. Then again, I have speculated on being a borderline personality type, and typically tending to an ENTJ.

... Makes some sense, I guess.

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
I'm SF, and my fine motor skills are far better than my gross motor skills.

Frank

That's fascinating. It looks like the least philosophical/abstract people in the world, athletes, are coming up with their own way of defining the differences between people, and it lines up with ours.

Guess that means there's some truth in it. :)

ridiculous statement.

Does not work for me. I've got mad gross motor skills. Fine motor, not so much.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
ridiculous statement.

Does not work for me. I've got mad gross motor skills. Fine motor, not so much.

Very frank, Frank. :yes:

That's just a stereotype... it's because I mostly assume athletes are more the physically oriented type rather than the mentally oriented type.